Going to DC This Week - Guess What Stays Home?

Going to DC This Week - Guess What Stays Home?

This is a discussion on Going to DC This Week - Guess What Stays Home? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Going to Washington DC this week for a few days, driving through New Jersey, then Delaware, Maryland, and finally DC. It's going to feel so ...

Unhappy Going to DC This Week - Guess What Stays Home?

Going to Washington DC this week for a few days, driving through New Jersey, then Delaware, Maryland, and finally DC.

It's going to feel so "empty" having to leave my gun at home, but alas, there's nothing to do but keep a stiff upper lip and deal with it.

Just a small rant, and hoping that SCOTUS decides in our favor in the Heller case. Maybe this will happen before I go?
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    Oh no. This is the perfect opportunity for you to bring your gun, get caught, go to court and you can help us all out by being the test case. Won't that make your trip fun??
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Quote Originally Posted by exactlymypoint View Post
    Oh no. This is the perfect opportunity for you to bring your gun, get caught, go to court and you can help us all out by being the test case. Won't that make your trip fun??
    I think I will pass on that, thank you.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Are you staying for more than one day and getting a room for the night(s)? If so get the room in northern Virginia (NOVA) and bring the gun.-Jay

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Rogers View Post
    Are you staying for more than one day and getting a room for the night(s)? If so get the room in northern Virginia (NOVA) and bring the gun.-Jay
    Yeah, will be there for 4 days... have a hotel booked already in DC. I will be taking my laptop, so at least I can feel at home with DC.com!
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Jon, hopefully I'll post a new gun for you to make you feel a little better...I'm off to the gunshow!

Be careful, and as our old Masterchief used to say, "Keep your head on a swivel!"
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    Just keep your sense of awareness and you'll come home alive.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

Quote Originally Posted by Kerbouchard View Post
    Jon, hopefully I'll post a new gun for you to make you feel a little better...I'm off to the gunshow!
    That sounds nice, I look forward to that. Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by SubNine View Post
    Just keep your sense of awareness and you'll come home alive.
    Of course... I will have my wife walk in front of me at all times!
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Administrator
    You'll be safe there. There are no guns in DC.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by JonInNY View Post
    Yeah, will be there for 4 days... have a hotel booked already in DC. I will be taking my laptop, so at least I can feel at home with DC.com!
    Lesson learned: book a hotel in northern VA, carry at will (OC, unless you have reciprocity)--take metro into D.C. as needed; return back to a free state (well, commonwealth).
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

On the posting of "No Guns in DC" I hope this was a laugh for all...

The Murder Capitol of the Nation... that goes to show one how good it does to ban all guns from the good guys... Just let the BG (I'll be nice) have them.

I'm just going to answer the Subject.....

Q: "What stays home?"
    A: Your rights.
    Mindset - Tactics - Skills - Equipment
    http://www.ingunowners.com
    W9ZEB dot Org

I understand that the Supremes will publish their ruling on the DC gun ownership case this month. Perhaps that will change things?

Nah! Not much of a chance, IMHO; DC will look for other ways to supress 2d Amendment rights.

Quote Originally Posted by jongle View Post
    I understand that the Supremes will publish their ruling on the DC gun ownership case this month. Perhaps that will change things?

Nah! Not much of a chance, IMHO; DC will look for other ways to supress 2d Amendment rights.
    My bet is they go back to whatever the pre-1976 laws were regarding handguns(and maybe rifles).
    You just couldn't pick a more Anti-2nd amendment route than the one that guy just took!
    "The right of the whole people, old and young, men, women and boys, and not militia only, to keep and bear arms of every description, not such merely as are used by the militia, shall not be infringed, curtailed, or broken in upon, in the smallest degree..."
    Nunn v. State GA 1848

Northern Piedmont of Va. & Middle of Nowhere, W.Va.
    Actually, that case only applies to DC residents. DC isn't in any state, so state law is not an issue. And the Gun Owners' Protection Act says that if you have a permit issued in one state and you're "just passin' through", then you can carry even through states that deny that right to their citizens. ( "provided that the firearm is unloaded and not readily accessible" ) THE FIREARMS OWNERS' PROTECTION ACT: A HISTORICAL AND LEGAL PERSPECTIVE (look at the section marked, "Interstate Transportation".)

For whether Virginia grants your state reciprocity and everything else you could possibly want to know about Virginia and concealed weapons, look at Virginia State Police.
    Daniel L. Hawes - 540 347 2430 - HTTP://www.VirginiaLegalDefense.com

Nothing I say as "user" should be taken as either advertising for attorney services or legal advice. Legal questions should be presented to a competent attorney licensed to practice in the relevant state.

Links