Would you shoot?

This is a discussion on Would you shoot? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I thought about this, this morning after I read it. Hell yeah I'd have shot him. I wouldn't have said nothing to him before hand ...

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you shoot?

I thought about this, this morning after I read it. Hell yeah I'd have shot him. I wouldn't have said nothing to him before hand either. And if I didn't have my gun on me at the time for what ever reason, I would have shoved my knife into the base of his skull.

Dirtbag got off easy.
    Last edited by Captain Crunch; June 17th, 2008 at 12:41 AM. Reason: Deleted a language workaround.
    "Islam is not your friend"

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array preachertim's Avatar
    hate to sound all spiritual but the bible says to offend one of these little one s it is better to have a stone hung around your neck and thrown to the bottom of the Ocean. What s a few more hydra shocks at the bottom of the Ocean.

I would have shot to end the threat to that poor child.
    whatever it took
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by preachertim View Post
    Whats a few more hydra shocks at the bottom of the Ocean?
    Now that right there is funny!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

No, I would not shoot him.

At least not as a first effort.
    This is a case for pepper spray.
    If that is not available then pop ones trunk and grab the crowbar or a jack handle of a heavy solid object or a tree branch or a big rock and brain the guy.

Now if he turns out to be a terminator and has a titanium skull then yeah, I'd shoot at him.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

A dirtbag with tunnel vision stomping a child...
    I would fear for the child's safety...and do what I could to immediately stop the threat...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    No, I would not shoot him.

At least not as a first effort.
    This is a case for pepper spray.
    If that is not available then pop ones trunk and grab the crowbar or a jack handle of a heavy solid object or a tree branch or a big rock and brain the guy.

Now if he turns out to be a terminator and has a titanium skull then yeah, I'd shoot at him.

- Janq
    I have to respectfully but firmly disagree.

The lethal attack is in progress. Delaying decisive action to go find a suitable impact weapon seems to me to be a way of guaranteeing a failed rescue attempt.

If it were a stabbing or an active shooter, you wouldn't be thinking pepper spray or a club, right?

A full grown adult stomping a toddler is no less an imminent lethal threat than one stabbing or shooting one, IMHO.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

I see no reason to let the scum bag ,that the draw any more O2 that the baby needed. No warning just a bunch of .45's COM. If I go to jail so be it. At least the baby would live.
    God Bless our troops,Pass the ammo
    carry guns,g30,g39
    1911,colt defender 90 / .45
    OLD F##T W/ .45:
    my avater is part of the reason i feel the way i do.

Easy one. Walk up to him yelling to stop with my wife calling 911. My gun would be in my hand and if he did not immediately stop I would shoot him in the head! End of story.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Yep, I would shoot. Lethal force is already being used by the BG. If this is one of 2% of the time I'm not carrying off-duty, I would still intervene. If I can approach from behind the BG, a kick to the back of the knee and riding the kick all the way down will usually destroy the knee. A good choke(blood, not air, results in unconsciousness in under 10 seconds) or knee after his knee is destroyed would end the incident. I wouldn't waste time looking for an impact weapon. If I had my EDC knife with me, I would use that. Not for exsaingution(bleeding out) purposes but structural stops, i.e. cutting tendons, muscles, etc. OMO. No way would I stand by and let this happen in front of me. I wouldnt be able to live with myself afterwards if I did.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

Of course, in a heart beat. My only regret would be if I did not fire soon enough to save the child.

If for some reason I was unarmed and could get to him, I would do everything in my power to stop him physically. If for some reason I had to stop him physically, I would probably have to go to trial, and I'm okay with that. I'm not so sure I would be able to stop, and I'm okay with that, too.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

Distinguished Member Array airslot's Avatar
    Your private attorney bills for the criminal end of things and civil attorney from his estate come down on you in the amount of $500,000.00 (1/2 million) your home has to be sold and all possessions to pay for your legal bills... your family has turned against you due to these events..divorce etc etc..
    Would you still shoot the man? ????????
    IN A HEARTBEAT

As far as trying to squeeze anything (blood,money,etc) out of this old rock, good luck and bring a lunch.

When confronting EVIL, you better be prepared to mount the most aggressive offense possible, if you expect to prevail.
    The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

I side with the majority on this one. I might yell "Stop it!" or something equally lame as I draw and would probably fire on presentation unless he had stopped.

I hope I never find out for sure what I would do.

ron
    "If you so much as bunny hop I'll cut your heart out!" Billy Bob Thornton in The Last Real Cowboys

"I carry a gun for the same reason that I carry health insurance and a cell phone - be prepared."

Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post
    He would die as fast as I could kill him
    absolutely...
    USMC 1984-1992
    To err is human.
    To forgive is divine.
    Neither of which is Marine Corps policy.

"It's all about shot placement."- David (Slayer of Goliath)

I can't disagree with you Matt as you're correct on all points, and I know you already know that.

Still though if I had pepper spray on me I'd spray him first.
    Popping my trunk and grabbing the tire iron is no time at all, it's sitting right there in my trunk on the top. The jack handle is just below it.

My first thought would not be to draw and fire on him, first.
    I'd at a minimum yell STOOOOPPP!!! and if that doesn't work or there are gawkers and rubberneckers standing around then I'd go to crack his head first.

Yes kicking, throwing, and stomping anyone never mind a 2 yr. definitely has potential to induce a fatality.
    There is no arguing that either.
    But still I'm pretty confident I'd think to likely apply non-lethal tech or methods first before secondarily falling back to my firearm.

- Janq

"I would fear for the child's safety...and do what I could to immediately stop the threat." - retsupt99
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Links