Would you shoot? - Page 5

Would you shoot?

This is a discussion on Would you shoot? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Janq, I gotta ask... are you a parent? Because I would like to think anyone who is a parent would do what they already know ...

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Would you shoot?

Senior Member Array KevinDooley's Avatar
    Janq, I gotta ask... are you a parent? Because I would like to think anyone who is a parent would do what they already know to be the proper response... and shoot this SOB dead. Sure, I'd command him to stop as I drew down on him. And he has the time it takes for my 1911 to clear the holster and the safety to come off to comply. After that, the child is safe and the a-hole is done for.

I'd tell him to stop while drawn on him then fire if no stoppage.
    " Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master." George Washington

"STOP NOW OR I WILL SHOOT" ANY movement other than complete compliance will result in shots going down range.
    http://www.odmp.org/

Defensor Fortis
    Tutor et Ultor
    Aduentes Fortuna Juvat
    Libertatem Defendimus

Take a life to save a life! 1 warning!

With a toddler there would be no warning. Even one hit from an adult could easily kill. Why give the the BG one more chance to land a blow with a simple warning?

Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    Rocks, sticks, whatever has to be done at that point needs to be done. I still can't see how the people there couldn't simply rush the guy and stomp, I mean stop him from doing this, just baffling.
    It could probably have been stunned disbelief. The mind does funny things when confronted with something that horrific.
    -Tony

"Those who beat their guns into plowshares will plow for those who didn't." -- Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MattLarson View Post
    I have to respectfully but firmly disagree.

The lethal attack is in progress. Delaying decisive action to go find a suitable impact weapon seems to me to be a way of guaranteeing a failed rescue attempt.

If it were a stabbing or an active shooter, you wouldn't be thinking pepper spray or a club, right?

A full grown adult stomping a toddler is no less an imminent lethal threat than one stabbing or shooting one, IMHO.

Matt

+1
    state laws may vary on some details, but....
    this isn't the time for less than lethal rounds, tazer, peppr spray, or impact weapon, the guy is presenting a deadly threat (since he's stomping on a baby) and at a minimum serious bodily injury
    perfectly justifiable in Texas to use deadly force and I hope it is everywhere else
    I hope satan has fun with him
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Quote Originally Posted by Naturalstate View Post
    Your private attorney bills for the criminal end of things and civil attorney from his estate come down on you in the amount of $500,000.00 (1/2 million) your home has to be sold and all possessions to pay for your legal bills... your family has turned against you due to these events..divorce etc etc..
    Would you still shoot the man? ????????
    Yes. Without hesitation. It's only money and my financial partner (my wife) would concur.

Quote Originally Posted by CR2008 View Post
    I wander what set off this clown to want to hurt a little baby like that? Probably he snapped from all the crying, probably he could not be the father the child needed...
    My guess is that when the details come out it'll be determined that the man was not the father of the child, but the momma's live-in boyfriend.
    -Tony

"Those who beat their guns into plowshares will plow for those who didn't." -- Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Rustynuts View Post
    With a toddler there would be no warning. Even one hit from an adult could easily kill. Why give the the BG one more chance to land a blow with a simple warning?
    You're very right... it takes nothing to kill a baby... you could shake a baby to death... so why would any reasonable person give this maniac more time to do even more damage? Quick actions count, hesitation does not.
    http://www.bloombergfightbackfund.com/
    Sig P220R/Sig P239 (9mm)/ S&W 640/ Ruger Single Six Hunter (.22LR/Mag)/ CZ 452 Varmint .22LR/ Lee Enfield No4 MK2 sporterized dated 1959/ Mosin Nagant M90-30 dated 1942/

Immediate shoot. Defense of life in Ohio, yours or others. No requirement to warn, although I would warn him with a very very loud crack of gunfire.

A grown man beating on an infant is an immediate threat on life.
    ~Mike F.
    http://www.ConcealedCampus.com
    http://www.a-human-right.com/
    "Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."

Quote Originally Posted by KevinDooley View Post
    Janq, I gotta ask... are you a parent? Because I would like to think anyone who is a parent would do what they already know to be the proper response... and shoot this SOB dead. Sure, I'd command him to stop as I drew down on him. And he has the time it takes for my 1911 to clear the holster and the safety to come off to comply. After that, the child is safe and the a-hole is done for.
    Yes, I am a parent.
    I have a 5 yr. old daughter and a boy who will turn 2 in two Thursdays.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Quote Originally Posted by Bline View Post
    Guess I posted this in the wrong place last time. So I'll post with a question.

Turlock man kills child in roadside beating

Given the details would you have tried to restrain the guy first or gone strait for the use of deadly force? Personally I'd warn him to stop and if he didn't and I had a clear shot I'd shoot. Interested to hear other opinons.
    This happened not to far from my coworker's house. He didn't even know that it happened. This is too close to home. In my opinion, you have to fire. He's killing or has already killed the child. We have an obligation to do what we can to protect the child. Unfortunately, it was too late.

How about a tire iron, a rock or something if one did not have a gun. How much time passed from the time someone telephoned 911 until the chopper landed? Someone should have done something. I don't think you have to ask if someone on this board would shoot. I cannot fathom the terror this child felt. That poor excuse for a human being died too quickly in my opinion. Hell was designed for people like this! What the hell is wrong with all these people abusing children?

Quote Originally Posted by Bline View Post
    Guess I posted this in the wrong place last time. So I'll post with a question.

Turlock man kills child in roadside beating

Given the details would you have tried to restrain the guy first or gone strait for the use of deadly force? Personally I'd warn him to stop and if he didn't and I had a clear shot I'd shoot. Interested to hear other opinons.
    I would have issued him the command to stop. If he didn't comply, shots fired k. Send backup.
    One more step and it's on!

Calif. police ID man they say fatally beat toddler Tue Jun 17, 2:29 AM ET

Police on Monday identified a man who was fatally shot by an officer for allegedly refusing to stop beating a toddler to death along a remote road.

Sergio Casian Aguilar, 27, parked his truck on an unlit road Saturday night, removed a 2-year-old boy from his car seat and proceeded to stomp, kick and punch the boy to death, authorities said. The boy was unrecognizable when he was pronounced dead at Emanuel Medical Center, the Stanislaus County Sheriff's Department said.

Authorities have not released the boy's name but say they believe he was Aguilar's son. The Stanislaus County coroner and the California Department of Justice are testing DNA to confirm the relationship.

Several motorists called 911 and tried to stop the beating, authorities said.

Dan Robinson, a local volunteer fire department chief, told The Modesto Bee that at first glance, he thought the child was a dead animal in the road. He said when he realized it was a child, he tried to stop Aguilar.

He said Aguilar had a "total hollowness in his eyes" and talked calmly of the boy being filled with "demons."

Witness Lisa Mota told the San Francisco Chronicle that Aguilar told people who tried to stop him that the boy was "trash."

Responding to 911 calls, a Stanislaus County Sheriff's Department helicopter landed in a dairy pasture near the scene. A Modesto police officer, Jerry Ramar, fatally shot Aguilar after he failed to heed the officer's warning to stop beating the child, authorities said. Aguilar flashed his middle finger at Ramar before Ramar shot him in the forehead, police said.

"I have never seen anything like that before and I hope I never have to again," Ramar said of the beating.

Authorities have not released the name of the boy's mother.

Aguilar had no previous criminal history, police said. Results of toxicology tests on Aguilar are expected in four weeks.

Ramar has been placed on paid administrative leave, a routine response for officer-involved shootings.
    Talk about shooting to stop now that's what I call gun control,Aguilar I ain't even gonna say it but ya know what I'm thinking
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Sponsored Links