Would you shoot? - Page 6

Would you shoot?

This is a discussion on Would you shoot? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by pgrass101 He would die as fast as I could kill him I'm with you on this. Every second you hesitate the guy ...

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Would you shoot?

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post
    He would die as fast as I could kill him
    I'm with you on this. Every second you hesitate the guy would have another chance to deliver the fatal blow to the child. I would immediately shoot to kill. The child deserves fast action and the guy deserves to die, IMO....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Officer Ramar did what I would have done but I would have been 3-5 minutes sooner! "...shot him in the forehead!"

I don't think using pepper spray IMHO would be a good idea because it would hurt the child just as much as the perp who maybe having trouble breathing. A 180 grain brass and lead injection is a much better and safer solution for the child.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Yes, I would shoot and No, I wouldn't give any warning to stop hurting a child. I'm not a cop and I have no obligation to try to detain anyone. pgrass is on point with this one.
    CRIME..... LAW DEFINES, POLICE ENFORCE, CITIZENS PREVENT!

FOUR BOXES KEEP US FREE: [1] SOAP [2] BALLOT [3] JURY [4] AMMO!

Since no weapon was present, I would first try H2H to resolve the situation.

If the BG tried to get back up, I would draw on him; and in a very loud and clear voice, I would order him back on the ground, with his hands behind his head, and his legs crossed.

And I would make sure he understood that failure to comply is futile.

Quote Originally Posted by joleary223 View Post
    Yes, I would shoot and No, I wouldn't give any warning to stop hurting a child. I'm not a cop and I have no obligation to try to detain anyone. pgrass is on point with this one.

Well then at least say stop while shooting him. You do not want the liberal POS' to say you didn't try to talk him down before lighting him up.
    One more step and it's on!

The child was quite likely already mortally injured by the time the first bystander showed up and called. At the risk of sounding cold, I seriously doubt I'd have shot to defend a corpse.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by gg12 View Post
    The child was quite likely already mortally injured by the time the first bystander showed up and called. At the risk of sounding cold, I seriously doubt I'd have shot to defend a corpse.
    If I saw a toddler being beaten I would not presume that he was already dead.

I stand by my statement "He would die as fast as I could kill him."

I would use what ever means nesscary, from bare hands, to tire irons, shovels or 124 gr GoldDots.

I usually do not post statements saying I would shoot without trying other means, and never have posted saying I would kill someone.

This is a exception, If I see someone killing a child, I will remove them from society
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

Story Update

Short Version:
    He said the child was full of demons and referred to it as trash.
    Officer ordered him to stop, guy flips him the bird.
    Officer shot him in the forehead.

wow.

If he thought the child was full of demons, he probably was psychotic (and was obviously violent). This is a tragic story. I'm not sure whom I mourn the most, the man or the child, may god bless both their souls.

I will differ with you here -- I believe that most would have shot the SOB rather than speculating whether the child might already be a corpse. Note that the article suggests that the child died on the way to the hospital.

Read this story in my local paper

As a new father my son will be one next month I cannot see how someone could do that to a child. I think I would have unloaded on him and reloaded several times. The officer deserves a medal for saving the state the time and expense of a trial.
    What part of "shall not be infringed" do you not understand.
    NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol
    KY CCDW Instructor

I read this story yesterday and it just makes me feel sick. I would have to do whatever it took to stop it, as quickly as possible.

Senior Member Array Ragin Cajun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by boardsurfer View Post
    Story Update

He said the child was full of demons and referred to it as trash.

wow.
    I suspected from first reading this thread that the guy thought the child was a demon acting the way he did. Either insane or some really bad drugs. That is usually the case when someone kills a child that brutal.

That is so sad. Did they ever figure out who the mother is?

If he thought the child was full of demons, he probably was psychotic (and was obviously violent). This is a tragic story. I'm not sure whom I mourn the most, the man or the child, may god bless both their souls.
    I don't wish anyone hell, but I can only think it was designed for people like this. At any rate, I do not mourn this man at all. It ticks me off that no one intervened - yeah one said he attempted to - but block the child if you can't fight - this is, in my opinion, an incident to defend while risking injury or death. Please don't mourn this murderer! Christ can decide his fate from this point forward.

Distinguished Member Array airslot's Avatar
    You do not want the liberal POS' to say you didn't try to talk him down before lighting him up.
    Dead men don't talk. Only one version of this story and I'm telling it.
    The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Sponsored Links