Would you shoot?

This is a discussion on Would you shoot? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Naturalstate .....Your private attorney bills for the criminal end of things and civil attorney from his estate come down on you in ...

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Would you shoot?

Quote Originally Posted by Naturalstate View Post
    .....Your private attorney bills for the criminal end of things and civil attorney from his estate come down on you in the amount of $500,000.00 (1/2 million) your home has to be sold and all possessions to pay for your legal bills... your family has turned against you due to these events..divorce etc etc..
    Would you still shoot the man? ????????

That is a lot of deciphering before pulling the trigger! One can be sued for anything at any time. But do you really think a jury would award a judgement in a case like this - with a baby/toddler? No way. This is not spilt hot coffee. There would not be an attorney that would touch the case for the plantif unless the plantif put down a huge retainer. Your question would not even enter my mind in those few moments.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by gg12 View Post
    I'm not sure whom I mourn the most, the man or the child, may god bless both their souls.
    WHAT What is going on have I completely lost my mind or has the whole world lost it? Mourn a sick rabid dog baby killing piece of................... I do not even have the words. BLESS WHAT SOUL Baby killers have no soul. Baby killers have no soul they are the definition of all that is foul and evil. What in Gods name is there to mourn they are NOT human the dung I flushed this morning has more value more humanity than that filth will ever have. You can bet your life I did not regret or mourn the flush. If we have gotten so twisted in all this touchy feely peace joy joy love every one mumbo jumbo that we pity these fecal maggots, please someone shoot me because I am in hell
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

It is a very difficult situation. From what I have read, they believe the man went insane and killed his own son. I have mixed emotions about the entire scenario. If you show up and my husband has gone insane to the extent that he has beaten our son to death or to a state that certainly looks like death--please shoot him. Neither he nor I would want him to "recover" through the miracles of modern medication to the extent that he'd realize what he had done. He could not live with that. I could not live with a husband that did that to my son, no matter that my brain knows that mental illness is not the fault of the individual. I also do not believe myself capable of taking care of a vegetable, which is all that the child is likely to be after such a massive beating. I have seen and worked with children with traumatic brain injuries and this is also one of my worst nightmares. Who will care for my handicapped son when I die/get injured? How will I afford it?

There are things worse than death in this world. This scenario brings them to mind. Horrifying.

A bit off topic but to all the LEO here. As you may be able to gather from my prior posts this is the reason I could never ever do your job. If I had to actually see this stuff and than arrest the perp, he'd never make it to the jail. The level of integrity and discipline you must have to bring the scum bag to jail to allow the system to work and send the maggot to prison or death row. Is not something I possess, I can not even imagine how hard it must be to have a baby killer in the back of your car, with every fiber in your being screaming in horror and NOT act on your feelings. So for those of you have had to witness that horror and endure that drive to the jail with the baby killer, Thank you. In spite of how I feel about those animals you did the the right thing the difficult task. My hat is off to you for doing it and grateful for all your work. My prayers are with the officer who now has to deal with his doing the difficult thing no matter how right how justified how needed even if he is glad he ended that maggots existence I know he will still suffer. May the support and love of his family and fellow officers help him heal quickly and completely.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    ...I'd start shooting at the knees and work my way up...
    I have seen this statement in the last two threads I have read. Please don't give new CCWers the idea that this is acceptable.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by adaman04 View Post
    I have seen this statement in the last two threads I have read. Please don't give new CCWers the idea that this is acceptable.
    +1!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Quote Originally Posted by LongRider View Post
    How this could even be a consideration is beyond me. I have a real family. A family of honor and integrity who would never turn on me for doing the right thing regardless of the price. Any woman who would divorce or turn on her husband for stepping up save a child's life regardless of the price is a filthy sleazy slimy slithering skank. Mine isn't. If my standing up to stop a child from being killed meant I'd spend the rest of my days in a prison cell so be it, my wife would be there every visiting day. After what we have been through together and knowing the strength of my wife character I do not think that, I know it for an indisputable fact. To even think other wise is an unacceptable insult and attack on my wife.
    There are some things that are far more important in this world than me, my freedom, my life and especially more important than my net worth. Next to God our children are the top of that list. Period.
    I am at a complete loss to how one even gets to asking that as part of the equation. Who cares, a little baby was being beaten to death. A beautiful innocent child our Creators greatest gift was being beaten to death screaming in horror and pain, how can any of that other crap possibly matter?
    Absolutely positively beyond any doubt do anything and everything possible to save that child, to do anything less is to be less than human. To me that is maybe the most horrifying part six people were there and I will never understand how six people could not stop one sick mad dog. Unless every one of them was beaten to death as well there is something seriously wrong with every single one of them based on what the article said

WHAT What is going on have I completely lost my mind or has the whole world lost it? Mourn a sick rabid dog baby killing piece of................... I do not even have the words. BLESS WHAT SOUL Baby killers have no soul.
    Maybe I'm drifting from the topic of conversation (and if I am, mods please reprimand me / delete the post). But baby killers indeed have a soul. They are also created in the image and likeness of God, and whatever sickness gripped him, he will be judged by God in the end. It may become our job to arrange that meeting. I hope God is merciful with him, because an eternity in hell is a horrible thing to wish on anybody.

Baby killers have no soul they are the definition of all that is foul and evil. What in Gods name is there to mourn they are NOT human the dung I flushed this morning has more value more humanity than that filth will ever have. You can bet your life I did not regret or mourn the flush. If we have gotten so twisted in all this touchy feely peace joy joy love every one mumbo jumbo that we pity these fecal maggots, please someone shoot me because I am in hell
    I would hope that when the time came to shoot in a situation like this, I would do what needed to be done, without malice or hatred, just cool competence.

If the perp was stopped but still not dead, I'd call for an ambulance to take him and the baby to the hospital (I would insist that they triage the baby first). If he died I'd say a prayer for his soul.

If you think badly of me for having this attitude, I'm sorry. But that is the way it is.
    -Tony

"Those who beat their guns into plowshares will plow for those who didn't." -- Thomas Jefferson

I live in San Francisco and have driven thru Turlock where this happened. From what I read in the newspaper today, he was the father of the child and he believed that the child was possessed by demons. I believed that if anyone tried to stop him as soon as they saw what was going on, the child would've been dead already. This was a full grown man beating and stomping on a 2 year old. The child was beaten beyond recognition. To be totally honest, and I might get flamed for this, eventhough I knew that the child was beyond help and the father was still stomping and beating the child, I would've still shot him. That's just my thought, The Doctor.

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    (Welcome, Chowmein.)

Yes I would shoot on seeing such a horror. If I wouldn't shoot in this situation, or even had to consider it, I wouldn't carry.

"If you got to shoot, shoot! Don't Talk!" -Tuco Ramirez-

Kind of applies to this situation.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chowmein View Post
    I live in San Francisco and have driven thru Turlock where this happened. From what I read in the newspaper today, he was the father of the child and he believed that the child was possessed by demons. I believed that if anyone tried to stop him as soon as they saw what was going on, the child would've been dead already. This was a full grown man beating and stomping on a 2 year old. The child was beaten beyond recognition. To be totally honest, and I might get flamed for this, eventhough I knew that the child was beyond help and the father was still stomping and beating the child, I would've still shot him. That's just my thought, The Doctor.
    need to shoot, we wouldn't have the opportunity to go check vitals, etc, if all we see is a grown man kicking/stomping a baby we have to judge the situation on the side of saving the kid's life

Quote Originally Posted by adaman04 View Post
    yes agreed, that type of attitude or speech does nothing to further our beliefs of gun ownership, right to self defense, or CCW
    Last edited by Scott; August 14th, 2008 at 06:17 PM. Reason: quoting profanity workaround
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

get a clear line of fire then, thirteen .45 caliber head shots until the slide locked open
    no such thing as "knock down power"......
    only "knock down accuracy"!!
    lawyers are the only ones counting the misses ACCURACY FIRST!!

Take the shot....shout to get his attention off the child for that split second and squeeze the trigger.

I still have a hard time excusing the witnesses who did nothing. It reminds me of the cowardly behavior exhibited in Hartford in the recent hit and run video. Where are we as a nation when folks just STAND there? I for one would struggle for the rest of my life with the knowledge that I witnessed a baby being murdered by a lunatic and I did nothing.

No brainer in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by gg12 View Post
    The child was quite likely already mortally injured by the time the first bystander showed up and called. At the risk of sounding cold, I seriously doubt I'd have shot to defend a corpse.
    You're not serious are you?...wow!!

Quote Originally Posted by stickybeatz View Post
    I would have shot the first chance I got. A guy like that doesn't deserve a warning
    + 1

T.
    "You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive."

CZ 97B .45
    KT P-11

I would shoot him.

This stuff makes me sick, even more so now that I have two children.
    -Airborne1092

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." Frederick Douglass 1818 -1895

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Links