Carry Concealed Weapons in NYC? - Page 2

Carry Concealed Weapons in NYC?

This is a discussion on Carry Concealed Weapons in NYC? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by BA1970 I am a former New Yorker .... Do this: and then kick them in the balls. Isn't that "kick them in ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Carry Concealed Weapons in NYC?

Quote Originally Posted by BA1970 View Post
    I am a former New Yorker ....

Do this: and then kick them in the balls.
    Isn't that "kick them in the balls and then scream"?
    -Tony

"Those who beat their guns into plowshares will plow for those who didn't." -- Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by haxor9999 View Post
    are they ever going to let regular citizens carry concealed guns in nyc? or this is never going to happen? what about the second amendment??
    the what amendment? is that the old out dated one that doesn't exist anymore? ...there is no second amendment in NYC

are they ever going to let regular citizens carry concealed guns in nyc? or this is never going to happen? what about the second amendment??
    The Second Amendment only applies to the United States of America.
    -Tony

"Those who beat their guns into plowshares will plow for those who didn't." -- Thomas Jefferson

IIRC, Bernhard Goetz tried this in the 1980's. He's alive, but he was char-broiled for carrying. I hear screwdrivers work well, in a pinch.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

PEPPER SPRAY IN NEW YORK: Legal with restrictions. The possession by persons who are not felons or who have not been convicted of an assault, 18 or over for the protection of person or property and its otherwise lawful use is legal. The definition is “a pocket sized spray device which contains and releases a chemical or organic substance which is intended to produce temporary physical discomfort or disability through being vaporized or otherwise dispensed in the air. There are certain labeling requirements. Sales require both a seller’s license and the completion by a purchaser of a registration form. New York residents may only purchase from licensed Firearms Dealers or licensed Pharmacists in that state. No more than two sprays may be sold at any one time to a single purchaser.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by raysheen View Post
    +1 the only things I would add is that NY has a "concentration" limit on OC (don't remember it off the top of my head)...so you should look that up before you go. I believe that it precludes the use of the better sprays like FOX et al. Further, the knife MUST be concealed to be legal...If the clip is showing then it is not considered concealed. Put it in your pocket, or IWB under your shirt but don't let it show....yeah...NYC laws are
    The rules on pepper spray is that they may not be purchased out of state then brought into NY. Honestly though if you are gonna use spray get the good stuff. It is merely a violation carrying spray other than the ones sold at ny gun stores.
    One more step and it's on!

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    In case it hasn't been mentioned, no tasers are allowed.

I carry pepper spray purchased at gun shop: WEST SIDE PISTOL RANGE is the only public one in the city. You can get them from pharmacists as well, but i have yet to ask one...?

Be forewarned the NYPD has a significant undercover presence. If you are caught and convicted with an illegal firearm in NYC, there is a mandatory 3.5 year prison sentence. Don't do anything stupid.

With respect to knives, I would be careful. I think a pocket knife will not cause any trouble, but if you bring a folding fighting knife (even one under 4 inch as others have mentioned) you could get in hot water. See the MTA Code of conduct below.... specifically the, "includes, but not limited too..."

NYC MTA Rules of Conduct:

MTA NYC Transit - Rules of Conduct
    Section 1050.8

Weapons and other dangerous instruments.

1. No weapon, dangerous instrument, or any other item intended for use as a weapon may be carried in or on any facility or conveyance. This provision does not apply to law enforcement personnel and persons to whom a license for such weapon has been duly issued and is in force (provided in the latter case the weapon is concealed from view). For the purposes hereof, a weapon or dangerous instrument shall include, but not be limited to, a firearm, switchblade knife, gravity knife, boxcutter, straight razor or razor blades that are not wrapped or enclosed in a protective covering, sword, shotgun or rifle.
    2. No explosives or other highly combustible materials, or radioactive materials, may be carried on or in any facility or conveyance, except as authorized by the Authority.
    3. Subject to other provisions of the law, this section shall not apply to a rifle or shotgun which is unloaded and carried in an enclosed case, box or other container which completely conceals the item from view and identification as a weapon.
    here is the FAQ on NYC handgun and carry permits, it will make you happy you life somewhere else:

NYPD - Permits
    "a reminder that no law can replace personal responsibility" - Bill Clinton 2010.

Senior Member Array hudsonvalley's Avatar
    hey does anyone know of any "weapons" you can carry in NYC? i know you cant carry a gun so what other sorts or hardware can you carry? basically what im sayin is since you cant carry a gun to defend yourself WHAT can you carry legally to protect yourself (what do you recommend? anything?) any info on this matter is appreciated, thanks in advance
    How about a cop on your shoulders?

pepper spray doesnt seem like a manly type of weapon
    Kimber LifeAct Self-Defense Spray

Get this stuff........
    Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
    ---Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by hudsonvalley View Post
    How about a cop on your shoulders?
    No room, you'll already have a Mayor on your back.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

so in nyc the only thing u can carry to protect yourself is a home depot screw driver?

so in nyc the only thing u can carry to protect yourself is a home depot screw driver?
    No weapon, dangerous instrument, or any other item intended for use as a weapon may be carried in or on any facility or conveyance.
    Technically, not even that, if they found out you'd intended on carrying it as a means for self defense.

Don't worry, the Mayor will protect you.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

A few months ago on the "Today Show" they had a segment on self-defense.
    You know how that went: Take out your key or a pen and poke the BG!
    Made me feel better.

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    Essentially if it is designed to keep a BG from applying his "trade" then it is not allowed for carry or use from what I have heard. There are too many places in this country that are more concerned about an outlaw's safety as opposed to the law abiding citizen. I'm just wondering when NYC are going to disarm their own police. Remember at one time they were disarmed, when they were first formed. It didn't take long for NYC to allow them to carry.

is there any state in america where u can carry an unconcealed handgun on a holster? or they must all be concelaed

Talking LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by cl00bie View Post
    Isn't that "kick them in the balls and then scream"?
    No, well ..... whatever suits you in that instance.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links