Came in contact with another armed citizen yesterday. - Page 2

Came in contact with another armed citizen yesterday.

This is a discussion on Came in contact with another armed citizen yesterday. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by goldshellback;758792 .........something like "be polite(nice), professional, but have a plan to kill [I everyone[/I] you meet." I like it....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Came in contact with another armed citizen yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by goldshellback;758792
    .........something like "be polite(nice), professional, but have a plan to kill [I
    everyone[/I] you meet."

I like it.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

Excellent.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Gotta love TN :)

Quote Originally Posted by pjw315 View Post
    Damn.... $53 thatís it.... Costs 72 to fill up my car in Michigan...
    Sorry I know this is off topic but these gas prices are ridicules...
    Topped up my diesel this morning, the pump stops at $75, that's OK, filled the tank. $4.65 a gallon.

Went to the range today, spent more time chatting with a fellow shooter than shooting! Oh well, I enjoyed the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Chooie View Post
    Well, if he carried an AR or shotgun on his back it would chafe too much as he rode his bike.
    Yep. Chooie is right on that one. I do carry the Glock and one spare magazine when I ride the bike. I rode yesterday in fact and had it on. But if I slung the AK over my back I think that might start to hurt after a couple of miles.

Quote Originally Posted by snowdoctor View Post
    it is nice to hear that you two didn't walk off ten paces between the pumps and turn the BP into the OK Corral...simply amazing.
    Not amazing at all really. Open carry is not unusual here at all. In fact, in my town of Arlington, it is very common.
    Now, I have not OC'ed in Memphis and I do not plan to. The reason being, the Shelby County Sheriffs Department is top notch and they train their Deputies that open carry and concealed carry are completely legal and how to react to it. I have had occasion to interact with many, many Shelby Co. Sheriffs Deputies and they are always very professional and do not have a problem with carry by citizens in any form.
    On the other hand, the Memphis City Police Department generally, to put it mildly, sucks. They are poorly trained and poorly paid. Their command staff is inept and really nothing more that the Mayors lap dogs. One of the reasons that Memphis is in the situation it is with violent crime is because the police department in Memphis is terrible. The latest story out of the MPD to hit the news is the security camera video of two MPD officers beating a transexual prostitute at the jail. One of the officers holds the suspect while the other uses a pair of handcuffs like brass knuckles to beat her in the face. Then they cuff her, beat on her some more and OC spray her.
    Mind you, this is in the jail booking area, where these two examples of Memphis's finest know there are security cameras. We have played the video on the air at the station I work at many times on our news broadcasts. Both of the officers were also using racial slurs and slurs regarding her sexual orientation while beating her. It's shameful. But, this is a pretty fair example of the quality of the average police officer that patrols Memphis.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Kudos on the encounter.

Here, those are rare and far between.

Quote Originally Posted by pjw315 View Post
    Damn.... $53 that’s it.... Costs 72 to fill up my car in Michigan...
    Am in the $70 range, myself, now. The 2.8L V6 in the Volkswagens are simply ugly, at the pump. You can almost hear the gas sucking while accelerating. 17gals at $4.55/gal ... Yikes. The only consolation is that I drive very little these days, so it can be weeks before the next fill-up. I guess that's something.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

You probably run into many people everyday who also are carrying, but concealed.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

is it me, or are the 2A crowd some of the more polite people around? i've been approached while OCing by other armed citizens, and ended up in 1/2 hour conversations about just about anything. to me, it seems "our kind" go out of our way to be as helpful, polite, and all around civil as we can be. is that the "wild west" mentality the antigunners are talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by jahwarrior72 View Post
    is it me, or are the 2A crowd some of the more polite people around? i've been approached while OCing by other armed citizens, and ended up in 1/2 hour conversations about just about anything. to me, it seems "our kind" go out of our way to be as helpful, polite, and all around civil as we can be. is that the "wild west" mentality the antigunners are talking about?
    I find plenty of other people who are friendly. And where I live, if they're carrying, it's concealed.

Maybe people who carry are simply more calm, in control, and sure of themselves than the crazed, rude types that commit the crimes. But you don't have to carry to be confident and calm.

My guess is that if there's a correlation, it's small.
    "I pledge allegiance to the war banner of the united states of Totalitaria. And to the Republic, which no longer stands, several bankers, who are now god, indivisible, with Bernanke bucks and credit for all."

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    Yep. Chooie is right on that one. I do carry the Glock and one spare magazine when I ride the bike. I rode yesterday in fact and had it on. But if I slung the AK over my back I think that might start to hurt after a couple of miles.

Not amazing at all really. Open carry is not unusual here at all. In fact, in my town of Arlington, it is very common.
    Now, I have not OC'ed in Memphis and I do not plan to. The reason being, the Shelby County Sheriffs Department is top notch and they train their Deputies that open carry and concealed carry are completely legal and how to react to it. I have had occasion to interact with many, many Shelby Co. Sheriffs Deputies and they are always very professional and do not have a problem with carry by citizens in any form.
    On the other hand, the Memphis City Police Department generally, to put it mildly, sucks. They are poorly trained and poorly paid. Their command staff is inept and really nothing more that the Mayors lap dogs. One of the reasons that Memphis is in the situation it is with violent crime is because the police department in Memphis is terrible. The latest story out of the MPD to hit the news is the security camera video of two MPD officers beating a transexual prostitute at the jail. One of the officers holds the suspect while the other uses a pair of handcuffs like brass knuckles to beat her in the face. Then they cuff her, beat on her some more and OC spray her.
    Mind you, this is in the jail booking area, where these two examples of Memphis's finest know there are security cameras. We have played the video on the air at the station I work at many times on our news broadcasts. Both of the officers were also using racial slurs and slurs regarding her sexual orientation while beating her. It's shameful. But, this is a pretty fair example of the quality of the average police officer that patrols Memphis.
    That was a big shame. To see two of Memphis' finest lay the smack on someone like that. No one even know who leaked that video. Back to the topic, I wouldn't even try to OC in Memphis. It's just not right.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links