To all Floridians....

This is a discussion on To all Floridians.... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am traveling to Orlando tomorrow and I was wondering where the off limits places were, what the no weapon signs look like and resturant ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To all Floridians....

To all Floridians....

I am traveling to Orlando tomorrow and I was wondering where the off limits places were, what the no weapon signs look like and resturant carry? Any information would be most helpful.

Thanks...

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by tngunner View Post
    I am traveling to Orlando tomorrow and I was wondering where the off limits places were, what the no weapon signs look like and resturant carry? Any information would be most helpful.

Thanks...
    No such thing as a "no weapons sign" in FL. Concealed is concealed. If someone were to ask you to leave (never has happened to me in 15 years of cc) you would have to do so or you could be charged with trespass.

Restaurant carry is fine. Just stay out of the bar portion of the restaurant. That particular issue has been hashed to death many times.....rather than start that all over again, here's a link to the latest.

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...s-florida.html

Here's a link to the remainder of the off-limits places in FL.

Possession Restrictions - Weapons - Division of Licensing, DOACS

Welcome, and enjoy your stay! If you have any questions about Orlando in general, go ahead and ask......plenty of us here to help.

Thanks that was exactly what I was looking for.

Senior Moderator
    I cannot add a single thing to what David said, so I'll simply say welcome and enjoy your visit.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Should you elect to do the Disney world thing make sure you are carrying well hidden on your person....They DO search bags.....you'll be asked to stow it in your vehicle or leave....But as was stated you cannot be charged unless you fail to leave.

I believe the law in determining a "bar" is if the place makes more than 50% of it's profit from the sale of alcohol (at least that is what I was told)... is that correct?

Get ready to be wet! We've been getting a lot of afternoon showers... Hope you enjoy your stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Miss View Post
    I believe the law in determining a "bar" is if the place makes more than 50% of it's profit from the sale of alcohol (at least that is what I was told)... is that correct?
    This is NOT correct information.

If the primary purpose of the establishment is to sell food, even if they have a bar inside, you can carry legally. Simply stay out of the bar portion of the restaurant.

If the primary purpose of the establishment is to sell alcohol, even if they have food for consumption, you cannot carry legally.

Whoever told you that 51% stuff you need to ignore. It will cost you.

We all need to make sure we know our laws. Not to know is to end up face down on the pavement at the wrong end of some LEO's duty weapon.

Jon Gutmacher's Florida Firearms: Law, Use & Ownership is a MUST HAVE if you live in FL and want to stay out of trouble. Any gun store, or Gutmacher's website, will likely have it.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

David in FL has summed it up...as far as the law is concerned, but be cautious in Orlando. It has become a haven for crime...

Stay armed...stay alert...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by miklcolt45 View Post
    This is NOT correct information.

Awesome, thank you for this information! I hate stating something as fact if I'm not so well informed (such as hearing something second hand) so I will definitely check that book out.

I guess it would be a good read anyways since I'm a law student... heh.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    David in FL has summed it up...as far as the law is concerned, but be cautious in Orlando. It has become a haven for crime...

Stay armed...stay alert...stay safe!

Yes i Agree i live in orange county,and the crime here has gone up,if you are staying on international drive area its not bad there, but just be alert once in a blue moon something pops up.not trying to scare you from coming here, everywhere has thier fair share of crime.Big mistake alot of folks make when they come here is they have too much pixie dust on the brain disney world great when you on thier property but keep in mind when you leave thier property shake off the pixie dust and back to reality.

All you need to know has been said. Welcome to the Gunshine State. Enjoy your visit, leave lots of money so we can continue to not have an income tax.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence in their behalf. - George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by OrlandoDriver View Post
    Big mistake alot of folks make when they come here is they have too much pixie dust on the brain disney world great when you on thier property but keep in mind when you leave thier property shake off the pixie dust and back to reality.
    NRA Member

Make sure your carry weapon stays concealed, the sheep here scare easily.
    Heavily armed.
    Collection: Kahr CW9, M&P 15-22, Walther P22, Glock 19.
    Sold: XD9 4'', Kimber 1911 Series II compact, FNP-9
    Shopping list: Springfield EMP 9mm, M&P 15 .223

Well I got back just Last night, and all went very well. We stayed in Orlando a few days and got rained out, so we jammed over to Panama City Beach, nothing but sunshine and I am very impressed with the both citys, Orlando is very beautiful and PCB has really cleaned up since I was last there. The new Pier Park is really nice.
    Thanks to all who replied, the information was most helpful.

I once had an FBI agent I closely worked with (who lived in FL) tell me he always carried/even in Disney. "If a terrorist were to attack, what better place to attack"!!
    Don't wear a belly bag, its too obvious.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links