Brady Campaigns list of CCW holder crimes - Page 2

Brady Campaigns list of CCW holder crimes

This is a discussion on Brady Campaigns list of CCW holder crimes within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The majority of these people didn't have a prior record according to the 'report'. One guy in Seattle didn't even commit a crime yet it ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brady Campaigns list of CCW holder crimes

The majority of these people didn't have a prior record according to the 'report'. One guy in Seattle didn't even commit a crime yet it made it in there.

Ironically one guy's crime spree was stopped with another gun.

As previously mentioned CC license holders are arrested far less per capita than non-CC licensees. So should we thank these Brady clowns for proving our point or just ignore this non-story?
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the PEOPLE to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

They tried to make it look impressive by spreading it out onto an 18 page report. Pure propaganda.
    Keep emotionally active. Cater to your favorite neurosis.

Quote Originally Posted by bal_g23 View Post
    http://www.bradycenter.org/xshare/pd...s-misdeeds.pdf

A good few sound like they could be justified, but Im having a hard to justifying some of them. But note that none say the outcome of the event and if the CCW holder was charged or not.
    This is a great page for info:
    GunCite: gun control and Second Amendment issues

PROST
    I am sworn to protect the Constitution of the U.S.A. from all threats both foreign and domestic.

Most of these would have still shot their victim(s) whether they had a CCW or not. Fight with the neighbors - get the gun from the house. Wife giving you a hard time - get the gun from the house or just plan in advance. For some, the CCW just kept them from an arrest should a LEO happen up on them carrying - i.e., they would have carried regardless of being approved or denied a CCW. So after reading these, I would say 85-90% were not initially "law abiding" - they were just working the system. Yes there are some morons in the mix on the list - but it is not a perfect world - hence the need for a CCW.

I'd say that list pretty much makes our case and really makes the Brady Bunch look stupid. But of course, being stupid they don't even see that and will never understand it.

Anyone who joins the Brady Bunch should automatically be sterilized so they won't be able to breed. It would raise the collective IQ of the human race by a nearly exponential factor.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

They really should have someone check their facts.
    Can anyone find Prince William county Maryland on a map for me?
    Oh, wait..... There is none!
    There is a Prince George's county in Maryland but the closest Prince William county is in Virginia.
    Oh, sorry, I forgot, we are talking about the Brady Bunch here and to them "Facts" dont seem to matter.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Quote Originally Posted by FlyboyLDB View Post
    Most of these would have still shot their victim(s) whether they had a CCW or not. Fight with the neighbors - get the gun from the house. Wife giving you a hard time - get the gun from the house or just plan in advance. For some, the CCW just kept them from an arrest should a LEO happen up on them carrying - i.e., they would have carried regardless of being approved or denied a CCW. So after reading these, I would say 85-90% were not initially "law abiding" - they were just working the system. Yes there are some morons in the mix on the list - but it is not a perfect world - hence the need for a CCW.

Exactly...any of the crimes mentioned have nothing to do with CCW except that "CCW" is what they're going after. If someone wants to walk into a hospital and shoot nurses (this is the first time he's decided to kill someone), having his CCW makes no difference! The entire report is a scare tactic, and important aspects are left out like another CHL holder using a gun to diffuse a hostile situation.
    It is utterly illogical to believe that passing laws to reduce gun violence will be successful when those who are commiting the gun violence do not obey the law.

Quote Originally Posted by bandit383 View Post
    Wished they would also post the protection and/or saves due to CCW or armed during home invasions.

Rick
    That they will never do that. It would make them look the part of bigger lairs and hypocrites that they are.
    John Steinbeck: Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by bandit383 View Post
    Wished they would also post the protection and/or saves due to CCW or armed during home invasions.

Rick
    Yea right... from an organization that uses JUNK stats with gang bangers, drug dealers, junkies and suicides as "victims of gun violence."
    http://www.bloombergfightbackfund.com/
    Sig P220R/Sig P239 (9mm)/ S&W 640/ Ruger Single Six Hunter (.22LR/Mag)/ CZ 452 Varmint .22LR/ Lee Enfield No4 MK2 sporterized dated 1959/ Mosin Nagant M90-30 dated 1942/

I only read a few of the "crimes", but how does one, "fatally shot his neighbor four or more times?" Do you shoot them to death, resuscitate them, shoot them to death, resuscitate them, and repeat?
    Also, is anyone familiar with a, ".38 caliber fully automatic weapon"? Not that those are the biggest flaws in their logic, but I found them entertaining.
    Bleeding-heart reporter: “Do you feel that violence begets violence?”
    Jeff Cooper: “It is my earnest endeavor to see that it does. I would like very much to ensure - and in some cases I have - that any man who offers violence to his fellow citizen begets a whole lot more than he can enjoy."

Minnesota provides carry permit holder stats (every year) with who was convicted of crimes like DWI and others. It turns out we are 25 times LESS LIKELY to commit crimes

Wow what a concept!
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Thanks for the link. I feel dirty pointing my web browser to a brady campaign URL though.

I counted 96 for a 10 year period. That's low even IF IT ALL HAPPENED IN 1 STATE, NOT THE WHOLE COUNTRY!
    And some of those were for carrying in "gun free zones," not a real crime IMO.
    Idiots at Brady............
    "The right of the whole people, old and young, men, women and boys, and not militia only, to keep and bear arms of every description, not such merely as are used by the militia, shall not be infringed, curtailed, or broken in upon, in the smallest degree..."
    Nunn v. State GA 1848

In reading the list, did anyone else notice this?

Just because something is a "crime" doesn't mean its wrong.
    Carrying a gun into an airport? A "crime" but not wrong.
    Carrying a gun on campus? A "crime" but not wrong.
    Unlawful transportation of a firearm? A "crime" but not wrong.

Also, there is a huge difference between a person with an outstanding warrant and a convicted felon. Obviously, the Brady bunch wants to take away our rights without due process as evidenced by the gray box on page 3.

Mel
    The Ethics of Liberty
    LewRockwell.com
    The Survival Podcast
    How long have we watered the Tree of Deceit with the blood of patriots?

Senior Member Array Free American's Avatar
    I wonder in those 12 years how many people with drivers licenses commited a crime with a vehicle??
    They who give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin

Previously known as "cjm5874"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links