Accosted By A Hostile Motorist: or Some People are REALLY Stupid

This is a discussion on Accosted By A Hostile Motorist: or Some People are REALLY Stupid within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Scot Van Wierdness comes in threes, apparently. Read up on recent posts if you want the other two recent account with Granny ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Accosted By A Hostile Motorist: or Some People are REALLY Stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Scot Van View Post
    Wierdness comes in threes, apparently. Read up on recent posts if you want the other two recent account with Granny and Dr. Wifeypoo...

Tonight, after closing the store, I prepared myself for the 22 mile ride home by putting my shoulder holster on and then protective gear. I never get on my motorcycle without arming myself first; years of living in remote areas of New Mexico have taught me that an armed biker is a smart biker (getting run off the road in the middle of nowhere by some punk ain't in my plans, and you can ask me privately for THAT story).

Anyway, with my Kimber Ultra cleverly hidden beneath my jacket in my trusty Galco shoulder holster, I'm comfortably, concealably armed. Bless this state for being cool w/ OC, but that might invite more trouble than it fend off, dig?

OK, so I'm stopped at a light just outside Keeneland, the Thoroughbred track in Lexington. Before the light changes, this guy in a landscaping pickup screeches to a halt next to me and begins cussin' me with a blue streak of profanity, the likes of which impress me but offends at the same time, because he brings the fidelity of my wife and the integrity of my bloodline into question. This guy was SUPER ticked off! He obviously had me or the bike confused with someone else (while I admit I can be abrasive, I'd done NOTHING to raise any ire on the ride home...I'd been riding basically alone on an empty freeway for 12 minutes).

I just looked at him through my darkened visor and shook my head. And that did it. He actually chirped the tires to back up, threw it in park, and started to get out of the car.

Now, I'm a big guy. I don't strike a waiflike pose, and I've also spent the last 28 years studying several disciplines of martial arts, and consider myself reasonably proficient at defending against multiple attackers, able to deliver damage in well-versed fashion. Granted this butthead can't know that but this is exactly my point-

WHY IN THE HELL WOULD YOU EVER ATTACK ME? You don't know me, you don't know what I'm capable of. Further, I'm armed with 24 rounds of .45 ACP Golden Saber and am pretty comfortable shooting you, starting from the knees and working my way up until you either cease your ingress or expire from bullet perforations in all your progressively vital organs. BUT YOU DON'T KNOW ANY OF THAT!!!

WHY WOULD ANYONE exit their vehicle to attack someone they don't know?!!! I could probably have handled the moron without my gun. I'd never draw it if I didn't think I'd have to fire it, agreed? Why not assume I'm armed and guarantee yourself a safe trip home by NOT aggressing and calming down a bit, no matter who you think I might be?!!

No matter. The light turned green and he was a dot in my rearview before his other foot hit the pavement as he exited the truck. He chose not to try to catch a bike with said truck, and the whole thing ended with me idling into my garage and immediately coming up here to tell you about it.

Stupid people shouldn't breed.
    Well done. A good outcome. Sometimes you never know what sets a person off. But this should be an example of what to do in a situation like this. Get out of the situation if you can - rule #1.

2. Remove Ads

You did exactly the right thing.

The sad thing is, you just know that that evening he was telling his buddies how he scared the c**p out you by getting out of his truck, and how you ran away like a little girl......

......he'll never know how lucky he was.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Pilot View Post

2) No motorcycle can out-decelerate a car.

Actually, not the case any more.

From WebBikeWorld......

"Combined with sticky radial tires, motorcycle braking distances are getting shorter and more controllable, and in some instances they are approaching the short stopping distances of the best sports cars (120' or less from 60-0 mph)."

Note "approaching the stopping distances of the best sports cars".......they easily exceed the braking performance of the average car on the road these days. Thank goodness......goin' fast but not being able to stop just isn't as much fun as you might think it would be!

Stupidity is one item that never seem to be on backorder, but the price can be pretty darn high.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

I'm armed with 24 rounds of .45 ACP Golden Saber and am pretty comfortable shooting you, starting from the knees and working my way up until you either cease your ingress or expire from bullet perforations in all your progressively vital organs.
    You shoot for the knees in a self defense situation?

Sponsor
    1) No car can out-accelerate a motorcycle.
    3) You are alive and have given us another training scenario. I thank you.
    Was also going to address this but it's not within the spirit of the thread so never mind.

Both #1 and # 2 are patently false however.

# 3 is a valid observation.
    Mark Craighead
    Owner/Founder
    CrossBreed Holsters LLC
    http://www.crossbreedholsters.com

I was at 90 in about three seconds
    km/h, I assume ...

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    1) No car can out-accelerate a motorcycle.
    Inertia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

On a bike going zero to sixty in 3-4 seconds to avoid a situation is absolutely the right thing to do. Going ballistic at 150 MPH + until you reach the next state isn’t.

Stay safe and keep the shinny side up.

Cool story.

I had a guy in a flower delivery truck once chase me (I was in a car) and threatened repeatedly to break my neck. Evidentally I pulled in front of him while entering the freeway and he had to slow down (traffic was pretty heavy).

I ignored him even though this went on for several miles. He was waving his arms wildly, screaming, and making "break your neck" gestures at me while driving his flower truck. In retrospect it was pretty funny and when I got back to work I made a call Bachman's to report his behavior.

And yeah, I was carrying and am glad he didn't try to make good on his threats.

Senior Member Array Ragin Cajun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by David in FL View Post
    You did exactly the right thing.

The sad thing is, you just know that that evening he was telling his buddies how he scared the c**p out you by getting out of his truck, and how you ran away like a little girl......

......he'll never know how lucky he was.
    *LOL* That's what I was thinking too.

Say I live around these parts and this is exactly why I carry every day. There are plenty of stupid people out and about.

There seems to be nothing that gets people hot under the collar like driving for some reason. They loose all sense of reason. I was merging into traffic the other day when a van speeds up and cuts me off. I pull around him and look to see a driver that is at least 70 years old. I'm not big and tough but good grief just about anyone could take this old fool. As you also said, HE DIDN'T KNOW THAT I could have been some banger for all he knew. I too just shook my head and sped off.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

It was road rage for an unknown reason. Around here, if you are riding a bike... that seems reason enough for some people.

Woman hit a friend's brother-in-law... while he was riding this last weekend. She turned left right into him... not hitting the front, but the middle of the bike and him. He lost a foot, and may loose the whole leg... his wife (on the bike with him) was treated for several injuries and released later.

The woman's comment in the SUV .... "I don't understand what the big deal is, it's only a motorcycle for God's sake".

Yep... some idiots in truck figure they have the advantage due to the size of their vehicles, vs our bikes.... especially around here. They will "intentionally" go at you ... figuring you just better get out of the way. I've wondered, if the numb skulls ever actually think... they could be armed. LOL.

Best to ignore him, and move on, just like you did. Anything else, would just go downhill from there.

Quote Originally Posted by helitech View Post
    Wanna bet?

YEP.... not the bike I have in mind. Unless you can run under 6's on the 1/4 mile track. LOL.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links