Accosted By A Hostile Motorist: or Some People are REALLY Stupid - Page 4

Accosted By A Hostile Motorist: or Some People are REALLY Stupid

This is a discussion on Accosted By A Hostile Motorist: or Some People are REALLY Stupid within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; You say you are a big guy... but you are really a bigger man than you think!...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Accosted By A Hostile Motorist: or Some People are REALLY Stupid

You say you are a big guy... but you are really a bigger man than you think!
    Semper Fi!

Engineers Up!

YEP.... not the bike I have in mind. Unless you can run under 6's on the 1/4 mile track. LOL.
    Pro stock bike?
    Yet a pro stock car still beats the bike.

Keeneland is awesome, BTW.
    Go Glock - until you can afford H&K

Quote Originally Posted by American Pit Bull View Post
    You shoot for the knees in a self defense situation?
    No, Pit. T'was just and expression of frustration. Forgive the gaffe, as we all know that COM is probably much more advisable. I said it for effect...just imagine his suprise! Kind of like putting him in a blender feet first...so's I can watch his expression!

Quote Originally Posted by papanewguinea View Post
    km/h, I assume ...
    Of course! A sedate 45 mph, to be certain.

Quote Originally Posted by lance22 View Post
    Cool story.

I had a guy in a flower delivery truck once chase me (I was in a car) and threatened repeatedly to break my neck. Evidentally I pulled in front of him while entering the freeway and he had to slow down (traffic was pretty heavy).

I ignored him even though this went on for several miles. He was waving his arms wildly, screaming, and making "break your neck" gestures at me while driving his flower truck. In retrospect it was pretty funny and when I got back to work I made a call Bachman's to report his behavior.

And yeah, I was carrying and am glad he didn't try to make good on his threats.
    This is exactly what I mean! Is it stupidity that made this driver go berzerk? Even if you cut him off...why is breaking your neck a sensible thing to do? This is the same jerk who rides your butt for half an hour while there is a perfectly acceptable passing lane right next to you (heaven forbid he change lanes and go around).

"Y'know...my neighbor's dog barked twice just now...I'll just nip out and shoot it."

testosterone-fueled agenda is a dangerous agenda, especially when the brain ain't engaged.

Quote Originally Posted by top_gizmo View Post
    You say you are a big guy... but you are really a bigger man than you think!
    Steel resides 'neath the velvet, Top. Thanks for that! I'm much more satisfied snuggling up to my wife than cooling my heels in the county jail for beating him hairless...and my blood pressure remained at a much healthier level!

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    YEP.... not the bike I have in mind. Unless you can run under 6's on the 1/4 mile track. LOL.

My thoughts exactly. Unless you're burning top fuel on a 1/4-mile track, my bike can out-accellerate anything you're driving. Not too many people zip around Lexington in a funny car.

Top speed? Different story. My neighbor has a new 'Vette with a twin turbo mod...says that it walks and talks at 160 EASY. That's a tad faster than I feel comfortable with, to say the least (even on a closed track, I generally keep it under 130...wussy, I know).
    A man in the hands of his enemies is flesh, and shudderingly vulnerable. - author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by DrLewall View Post
    Isn't the word "Macho" is just a spanish word for stupid?

It is around here.

Exiting the scene, if it can be done safely, is usually the best course of action to take.

Biker

WTG , it was the right decision !! little did he know his life was spared that day!
    You know your capabilities and you were prepared , sounds like this guy was walking into a world of hurt.
    "If you want peace, prepare for war." Si vis pacem, para bellum.
    NRA Member - GRNC Member
    Old Paratroopers never die , we just regroup!!
    82nd ABN DIV.. GOD Bless our Troops!!
    Foward Observer 3/505thPIR - A/319thAFAR
    87-91 "Just Cause - Desert Sheild/Storm"

Several years ago I was pulled overby a guy in a van blinking his lights. I was younger then and a little naive. I pulled into a store parking lot in my van and got out to see if something was wrong with my vehicle or something. The guy comes screaming to a stop and jumps out. He starts yelling something about me leaving him alone. I told him I had never seen him before and finally this strange look comes over his face. He jumps into his van and drives off into the night.

I realize how easily things could have gone bad. He could have killed me on the spot thinking I was somebody else. I have not made that mistake again.
    Ask the Indians what happens when you don't control immigration.

A couple of stories on road rage.

My Karate instructor was involved in a case of mistaken identity also. A guy followed him into a gas station and took a swing at him. "Joe" blocked the punch, hit the guy, not to hard, pushed him into a chair and handed him his card saying he was a Karate instructor. The nit wit sat there long enough to read thee card then got up and swung again. That was his second and last swing though.

The second story amuses me to this day. Thirty years ago I lived in a small town, (pop. 20,000) in Illinois. There were only two bridges across a river and other than those two it was probably 20 miles to get across the river.

Because of repair one bridge was down for several weeks causing a horrible traffic jam at the other, smaller bridge. I turned down a side road which ended just at the edge of the bridge. There was a 4 way stop and people were pretty good at taking turns. I stopped, let cars from both directions on the bridge road pass, and started to take my turn. A scrawny older guy thought it was his turn, (maybe it was I couldn't swear who was there first.) and came roaring across to block me. Now this was going to irritate a lot of people. I would be blocking the next guy who turn it was. I had no idea how I was going to make the turn onto the bridge. The jerk kept coming, shaking his fist, yelling at me and looking at me, not the car in front of him. Yup! He rear ended the car in front of him. The guy he hit was not happy. He got out of his car looking to be about 9 feet tall and started back towards the old guy.

Nope, I can't tell you what happened next because with them both stopped I was able to squeeze by and head for home.

Quote Originally Posted by tns0038 View Post
    Going ballistic at 150 MPH + until you reach the next state isnít.

Stay safe and keep the shinny side up.
    Of course, I never said that I did anything of the kind. But a good point, nonetheless.

BTW...what exactly IS the 'shinny' side?
    A man in the hands of his enemies is flesh, and shudderingly vulnerable. - author unknown

the shiny side up - the bottom of a car or bike is ndirty, grungy (not shiny like the top side)

Quote Originally Posted by MR D View Post
    the shiny side up - the bottom of a car or bike is ndirty, grungy (not shiny like the top side)
    yes...but the 'shinny' side? That's part of my leg...

I was being obtusely silly, Mr. D...It was perfectly clear what TNS0038 meant to say.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Sponsored Links