Accosted By A Hostile Motorist: or Some People are REALLY Stupid

This is a discussion on Accosted By A Hostile Motorist: or Some People are REALLY Stupid within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Wierdness comes in threes, apparently. Read up on recent posts if you want the other two recent account with Granny and Dr. Wifeypoo... Tonight, after ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Wierdness comes in threes, apparently. Read up on recent posts if you want the other two recent account with Granny and Dr. Wifeypoo...

Tonight, after closing the store, I prepared myself for the 22 mile ride home by putting my shoulder holster on and then protective gear. I never get on my motorcycle without arming myself first; years of living in remote areas of New Mexico have taught me that an armed biker is a smart biker (getting run off the road in the middle of nowhere by some punk ain't in my plans, and you can ask me privately for THAT story).

Anyway, with my Kimber Ultra cleverly hidden beneath my jacket in my trusty Galco shoulder holster, I'm comfortably, concealably armed. Bless this state for being cool w/ OC, but that might invite more trouble than it fend off, dig?

OK, so I'm stopped at a light just outside Keeneland, the Thoroughbred track in Lexington. Before the light changes, this guy in a landscaping pickup screeches to a halt next to me and begins cussin' me with a blue streak of profanity, the likes of which impress me but offends at the same time, because he brings the fidelity of my wife and the integrity of my bloodline into question. This guy was SUPER ticked off! He obviously had me or the bike confused with someone else (while I admit I can be abrasive, I'd done NOTHING to raise any ire on the ride home...I'd been riding basically alone on an empty freeway for 12 minutes).

I just looked at him through my darkened visor and shook my head. And that did it. He actually chirped the tires to back up, threw it in park, and started to get out of the car.

Now, I'm a big guy. I don't strike a waiflike pose, and I've also spent the last 28 years studying several disciplines of martial arts, and consider myself reasonably proficient at defending against multiple attackers, able to deliver damage in well-versed fashion. Granted this butthead can't know that but this is exactly my point-

WHY IN THE HELL WOULD YOU EVER ATTACK ME? You don't know me, you don't know what I'm capable of. Further, I'm armed with 24 rounds of .45 ACP Golden Saber and am pretty comfortable shooting you, starting from the knees and working my way up until you either cease your ingress or expire from bullet perforations in all your progressively vital organs. BUT YOU DON'T KNOW ANY OF THAT!!!

WHY WOULD ANYONE exit their vehicle to attack someone they don't know?!!! I could probably have handled the moron without my gun. I'd never draw it if I didn't think I'd have to fire it, agreed? Why not assume I'm armed and guarantee yourself a safe trip home by NOT aggressing and calming down a bit, no matter who you think I might be?!!

No matter. The light turned green and he was a dot in my rearview before his other foot hit the pavement as he exited the truck. He chose not to try to catch a bike with said truck, and the whole thing ended with me idling into my garage and immediately coming up here to tell you about it.

Stupid people shouldn't breed.
    Last edited by Scot Van; June 19th, 2008 at 11:48 PM. Reason: added text
    A man in the hands of his enemies is flesh, and shudderingly vulnerable. - author unknown

Senior Moderator
    Some people act before they think.

Stupid people shouldn't breed.
    If they didnt, we wouldnt have any good stories to tell...
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    Unfortunately if the guy was that crazy or stupid (or both!) and assuming he was really angry at whomever he was under the impression you were, he might not have cared weather you were armed.

Whose to say he wasn't armed more heavily than you, sir?

Glad your okay.

An armed society is a polite society.

wyo-man

Glad you are safe. No telling what the moron was thinking. You had several options and used the one that would impact your life the least.

If moron keeps pulling stunts like that, he'll eventually run across someone who won't handle it so peaceably.

Some people born stupid,and some just work at it. Funny either way they're stupid. lol

Knowatcha mean! These morons don't get it at all..years ago I had someone get out of their car and come stomping back to my vehicle..little did the irrate bafoon know that I had a 45 in hand and ready to respond if he was to draw on me..I FIRMLY told him to get back into his car and drive off, which he did..these people are only in your life for abt 30 seconds, why make it a forever kind of deal? silly aint it. Glad you made it home safe and all the dear and black angus bulls stayed off the road for ya!
    "Brains before Bullets"

Senior Moderator
    This story reminds me of the time that 3 young punks forced one of my friends off of the road. This guy was a little guy, about 5' 6 and all of 135 pounds soaking wet. When he got out of his truck the 3 youths figured that they would whoop up on him. One of them had a 2x2 stick about 4 feet long and swung at him.

He caught the stick, disarmed the kid and proceeded to thrash all 3 of them to the point that they could barely get back to the truck, beating them severely.

He then called the Sheriffs Dept and made a complaint. Explaining that they would probably need medical attention, a couple of Deputys went to the ER and sure enough, all 3 punks were there, and arrested for assault.

The 3 tried to press charges on my friend, but he was well know to most Law Enforcement in the county as he had trained most of them in self defense techniques at one time or another. Anyhow, the charges were dropped and once the word was out several other people pressed charges against them for the same thing.

My little friend happens to run his own Dojo and is a 5th Degree Black Belt in Aikido. Those punks stopped the wrong guy and got their butts handed to them. It was the talk of the town for sometime. This happened several years ago and the story is still told amongst LEO's.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

VIP Member
    Great story. I wonder when the guy would have figured out that it's hard to punch through a helmet.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Ex Member Array TacticalCompact's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    Great story. I wonder when the guy would have figured out that it's hard to punch through a helmet.
    It's quite easy, actually. I'm sure you mean with a hand, but who's to say he didn't have a 9mm IWB? That would punch clean through

Sponsor
    Kudos to you, exiting the scene is almost always the best answer in any vehicle involved assault or attempt. If you have a clear avenue of exit, floor it and leave.

Might not be the "macho" response but it sure is the least expensive and quickest way of de-escalating if things go south fast.

If you are then followed and cornered or your exit is forcibly blocked, then the legal scales tip MUCH farther in your favor, as does your conscience.
    Mark Craighead
    Owner/Founder
    CrossBreed Holsters LLC
    http://www.crossbreedholsters.com

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Bet that helmet would deliver a head butt not easily forgotten...
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Your exit was the correct action...the world is filled with 'crazy' people...who do weird things...for no apparent reason. It is best to make a hasty retreat from these types of individuals when there is an exit available.

Stay armed...look for an exit...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Being armed is a good thing. Glad the light turned green...did you think about what your next move would have been on the way home?
    It is utterly illogical to believe that passing laws to reduce gun violence will be successful when those who are commiting the gun violence do not obey the law.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghettokracker71 View Post
    Whose to say he wasn't armed more heavily than you, sir?
    Exactly why I was smart enough to NOT engage when there was a perfectly sensible option to simply be elsewhere instantly. Thanks for making my point.

Quote Originally Posted by mtcraigco View Post
    Kudos to you, exiting the scene is almost always the best answer in any vehicle involved assault or attempt. If you have a clear avenue of exit, floor it and leave.

Might not be the "macho" response but it sure is the least expensive and quickest way of de-escalating if things go south fast.

If you are then followed and cornered or your exit is forcibly blocked, then the legal scales tip MUCH farther in your favor, as does your conscience.
    Yep. Point of order, though. Unless this guy has a truck that defies physics, there was NO way he could keep up with me. I'm riding 130 hp on two wheels and I was on a straight away...I was at 90 in about three seconds (In this case, I feel comfortable breaking the traffic laws that pertain to rate of travel AND paying a speeding ticket if the officer can't understand why I hightailed it outta' there. I'd gladly be pulled over if this jerk were following...I'm confident he'd not continue his assault.)

Incidentally...I'm very unconcerned about being "outmacho-ed"...I've got a life! Leaving the situation behind was the immediate and best solution, obviously. The glaringly uncomfortable fact remains that, if he had drawn a gun, he probably had a pretty slim moment when he could have shot me in the back, which is slightly disturbing.

Ah, well. I probably won't ride home on that particular route tonight!
    A man in the hands of his enemies is flesh, and shudderingly vulnerable. - author unknown

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links