What is your reaction to this, Cops wake sleeping man in own home....

This is a discussion on What is your reaction to this, Cops wake sleeping man in own home.... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Don't get me wrong. I like the police around here. They are generally good folks doing a job that I really would not want to ...

Don't get me wrong. I like the police around here. They are generally good folks doing a job that I really would not want to do myself...but am glad someone does. We have all had our run ins with the odd butthead, but they are the exception in my case, not the rule. (The CCW instructor was a sheriff to give an idea of the acceptance in my parts....)

However, I may have shot one of these guys and been shot in the process, We have the Castle Doctrine here and it would have gotten very interested with them not identifying themselves BEFORE entering my home....

LAKEVILLE, Minnesota (AP) -- A Lakeville man says he feels violated after two police officers woke him up at 3 a.m. to tell him his door was unlocked.

Their surprise visit was part of a public service campaign to remind residents to secure their homes to prevent thefts. Usually, officers just leave notices on doors.

But they went further in Troy Molde's case on Thursday. Police entered the house where four children under 7 were having a sleepover, and then went upstairs to Molde's bedroom.

The officers told Molde his garage door was open, the TV was on, the keys to his truck were left in the ignition and the door to his house was ajar.

A police spokesman says the intrusion was justified because the officers' initial door knocks went unanswered, and they wanted to make sure nothing was wrong.

He says the kids inside -- Molde's two sons and two nephews -- were afraid to wake their dad, so the officers went upstairs.

Mods, if this is in the wrong place please move it. I have not figured out the intricacies of DC.

1943 - 2009

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Links