Fairfax County Police (WoW) From VCDL (UGLY) - Page 2

Fairfax County Police (WoW) From VCDL (UGLY)

This is a discussion on Fairfax County Police (WoW) From VCDL (UGLY) within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I can say if it happened the way it's portrayed there may be a lawsuit,will the guy get millions nope,will he get enough for lawyers ...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    I can say if it happened the way it's portrayed there may be a lawsuit,will the guy get millions nope,will he get enough for lawyers fees and a new gun probably.Under the law you can detain somebody while you investigate possible charges which in this case the guy should of been let go,he was clearly arrested if he was hauled before a magistrate.
    By the way this type of activity is scary and does happen sometimes because billybob don't care what the law says and sometimes because it's how they interpret the law and then try to say well we ain't lawyers and we was confused
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    "I'll bet a paycheck there is more tot he story" I'll reserve further comment.
    Would you like me to forward that offer to the VCDL? Never mind. That would be in violation of a bunch of laws.

This was published on a heavily watched site. Nothing some of the antis would like better that an opportunity to find a reason to ridicule or get someone to sue the organization.

Disclaimer: I am a VCDL member.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    This came off of another board where the VCDL President posted after people questioned about its validity. Well this is very sad...

"Some on this list were concerned that perhaps I hadn't checked my facts before putting out the alert. The information came directly from the NC resident (who I didn't ask if he minded me putting his name out and so I haven't yet).

The arresting officer was J.A. Connors. Incident happen at Richmond Hwy and Lockheed Blvd.

I got a call today from Lt. Connor (no relation to arresting officer). He said he will be handling the investigation. He also said that my statement of facts was extremely close to his understanding of them currently."
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Administrator
    I'm just having a hard time believing that anybody who is supposed to know better would act in such a foolish way... perhaps VCDL does have it right, I don't know.
    "Just blame Sixto"

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    I'm just having a hard time believing that anybody who is supposed to know better would act in such a foolish way... perhaps VCDL does have it right, I don't know.
    Sixto,

I agree with you totally. I'm kind of thinking okay maybe something will come out and say other wise. But inventing laws, not only that but interstate travel Laws.

How much trouble could an officer get in over this (wouldn't that be federal)?
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Ex Member Array TacticalCompact's Avatar
    I'm not, not in the least. LEOs are human, and no matter what your profession, humans will act like humans.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalCompact View Post
    I'm not, not in the least. LEOs are human, and no matter what your profession, humans will act like humans.
    true enough.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Senior Member Array Natureboypkr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    Wow ugly situation; please keep us updated on its resolution. As a North Carolina resident who frequents Virginia I would hate to see this become a trend.
    Ditto
    Mixed Martial Arts Record= 2-0.......Kyokushin Karate Record=5-0

USMC.....helping enemies of America die for their countries since 1775

Quote Originally Posted by TacticalCompact View Post
    If it had been one then I would not have been shocked but three and one being a supervisor seems to be totally out of line doing what is being reported. None of the three violations that they supposedly came up with are even reasonable. I really hope there is a lot more to this than just idiot cops which is what it would be if this iis true. They could have found some much different false charges that those to come up with.

After getting my last chief from that department, it doesn't surprise me a bit.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar
    And the moral of the story is.....

Don't run red lights.

I'll bet there isn't more to the story. I think you are giving the officers too much credit, assuming that they can't be that dumb. Yes they could.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    I'll bet there isn't more to the story. I think you are giving the officers too much credit, assuming that they can't be that dumb. Yes they could.
    I am friends with a bunch of LEO, am kin to a few and almost had one as a son-in-law. I really don't believe any of them are that dumb.

Senior Member Array digitalexplr's Avatar
    Just a little thread hijack.

Before you go to referring to LEO's as dumb, you should check out the education requirements of most departments. Your larger departments almost always require a bachelor's degree of applicants. Even for those who don't, getting promoted usually does. The higher you go in rank the higher degree required.

Many of you would be surprised to know that the, "dumb" cop that pulled you over may have a Master's Degree or even a PhD.

This is what makes stupid moves very costly for officers and departments. They can't claim ignorance.

Smaller and more rural departments are a different story.

I think the way the term dumb is being used here does not refer to intelligence or lack of it rather their actions. As the former local Chief of Police was telling me that he always asks kids that get into trouble. Are you ignorant or stupid? Ignorance can be fixed as it is just not knowing any better. Stupid is knowing better but still screwing up. I have trouble thinking that these cops were ignorant and as you point out they were probably well educated. That leaves stupid as the alternative.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Links