Tennessee HCP Permit Requests Triple Between 2006 and 2007

This is a discussion on Tennessee HCP Permit Requests Triple Between 2006 and 2007 within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Chattanooga: More packing licensed heat Sometime during the course of your day, someone with a loaded weapon probably is near you. And those are just ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tennessee HCP Permit Requests Triple Between 2006 and 2007

VIP Member

Thumbs up Tennessee HCP Permit Requests Triple Between 2006 and 2007

Chattanooga: More packing licensed heat

Sometime during the course of your day, someone with a loaded weapon probably is near you. And those are just the legal weapons.

Nearly 8,000 people in Hamilton County have valid concealed weapons permits, records show, allowing them to carry loaded firearms just about anywhere.

Applications for Tennessee carry permits statewide have skyrocketed over the last five years, increasing from 237 in 2003 to 195,251 in 2007. Applications more than tripled between 2006 and 2007, records show.

See remainder of story here:
    Chattanooga Times Free Press | Chattanooga:More packing licensed heat

Tennessee HCP numbers growing! Of course, the article includes the anti-gun stuff too.
    If the public are bound to yield obedience to laws to which they cannot give their approbation, they are slaves to those who make such laws and enforce them.--Samuel Adams as Candidus, Boston Gazette 20 Jan. 1772

Veteran--USA FA
    NRA Benefactor Life
    Tennessee Firearms Association Life

'Southern' doesn't mean 'stupid', inspite of our Hollywood image.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Glad to hear we've got more good folks out here carrying. I'm really surprised the number's increased that much in such a short time though.
    Jack

I am very glad to see the numbers on the rise. I hope that they keep going up every year.
    Fred

"A citizen who shirks his duty to contribute to the security of his community is little better than the criminal who threatens it."

Quote Originally Posted by falcon1 View Post
    Chattanooga: More packing licensed heat

Sometime during the course of your day, someone with a loaded weapon probably is near you. And those are just the legal weapons.

Nearly 8,000 people in Hamilton County have valid concealed weapons permits, records show, allowing them to carry loaded firearms just about anywhere.

Applications for Tennessee carry permits statewide have skyrocketed over the last five years, increasing from 237 in 2003 to 195,251 in 2007. Applications more than tripled between 2006 and 2007, records show.

See remainder of story here:
    Chattanooga Times Free Press | Chattanooga:More packing licensed heat

Tennessee HCP numbers growing! Of course, the article includes the anti-gun stuff too.
    Good! The criminals won't know who to victimize now. It's the way it should be.

The media never ceases to amaze me on the way they view conceal carry.

Iím sorry I guess Iím jaded because I really just donít see it being a big deal. Iím glad more people are standing up and taking responsibility for there own safety, and getting a CCL.

Additionally, any business or civic entity can bar weapons.
    They canít in Florida

There was already a post about this, but last year here in Knoxville a young couple was tortured and killed by a gang of carjacker thugs. I know my parents, who are gun-neutral, were at least curious about the HCP. I also know there was a lot of discussion on the talk shows and in the paper about obtaining one. One particularly grisly crime can cause the numbers to spike. Maybe all of those won't be full-time carriers, but it's always good to keep the criminals wondering.

Stay safe,

Darren

Yep. Lots of us out here in Tennessee take care of ourselves. The bad guys here would be well advised to read these articles and take heed. We are tired of being robbed, raped and murdered.

The highest concentration of permit holders, by far, is in Shelby County. It's not surprise either, Memphis is a pit of crime and death. The citizens are tired of it and the tide is turning against the bad guys and scum bags in a big way.

I am very happy to hear that more of my fellow Tennessee citizens are deciding to arm themselves against the scum.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

I don't know what's going on with these numbers, but I think somebody has dropped the ball in this report.
    Applications for Tennessee carry permits statewide have skyrocketed over the last five years, increasing from 237 in 2003 to 195,251 in 2007
    This number can't be right. 237 applications for the whole state in 2003? No way this can be correct. I bet a reporter is about to be taken to the woodshed for sloppy reporting.
    Raising children is like being pecked to death by a chicken every day.

keep up the good work TN !

Yo Darren, I live near the Knoxville area and the same crime you spoke of was the one that convinced my mother and sister to get their HCP in TN. Up until that time, they were not convinced that a person could ever need a gun for protection. Now, I am finding myself helping them to choose guns and go to the range.

To add a little confusion, an article in the June 24th Knoxville News Sentinel (dateline Chattanooga) reports "Safety Department records show applications to carry handguns have dropped slightly between 2005 and 2007". Tennessee Department of Safety spokesman ... said "statewide the number of handgun carry permits issued dropped from 57,044 in 2005 to 51,987 in 2007".

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rem514 View Post
    To add a little confusion, an article in the June 24th Knoxville News Sentinel (dateline Chattanooga) reports "Safety Department records show applications to carry handguns have dropped slightly between 2005 and 2007". Tennessee Department of Safety spokesman ... said "statewide the number of handgun carry permits issued dropped from 57,044 in 2005 to 51,987 in 2007".
    I just saw that too...who knows? The rate of growth may have declined, but the overall numbers of permits is growing. I'll take that!
    If the public are bound to yield obedience to laws to which they cannot give their approbation, they are slaves to those who make such laws and enforce them.--Samuel Adams as Candidus, Boston Gazette 20 Jan. 1772

Veteran--USA FA
    NRA Benefactor Life
    Tennessee Firearms Association Life

You guys from TN are bringing a tear to my eye...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    You guys from TN are bringing a tear to my eye...
    It's not me, I took a shower today - HONEST!!!
    Jack

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links