Wearing gun logo clothing and carrying a bad idea? - Page 5

Wearing gun logo clothing and carrying a bad idea?

This is a discussion on Wearing gun logo clothing and carrying a bad idea? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Concealed means Concealed. No advertising....

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Wearing gun logo clothing and carrying a bad idea?

Concealed means Concealed. No advertising.

My fav. T-shirt ....

I used to think that this was a bid deal, but when you look around, it's a non-issue. To be concerned about this is a prime example of "majoring in the minors".
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

Quote Originally Posted by dkpeppard View Post
    I was just thinking of some CCW etiquette. Is it wrong to wear gun manufacturer attire if you CCW?
    An example, I have a "Got Glock" hat which I love. I don't have my CCW yet, but my app is in and I have about 60 days left of the wait. Once my application is approved, is it a poor idea to wear my hat, or any other attire that shows I'm pro-gun, if I CCW? Would wearing clothing that advertises guns/weapons indicate to someone I may be carrying, or would most people shrug it off?

I love my Got Glock hat, but will definitely not wear it if it would potentially reveal something.

Thought

Do you really want to advertise you are carrying? best to save for range days. really want to help cause? join the NRA
    Last edited by Captain Crunch; June 25th, 2008 at 01:54 PM. Reason: Fixed quote tags.

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    OK...

1. I don't like being a billboard, especially when I have to pay for the billboard myself. If Glock/HK/S.A. wants me to advertise for them, they would send me stuff free of charge and pay me to wear their shirt. It doesn't make sense to me that I pay them so I can advertise for them.

2. I don't like being identified with my hobbies or interests out in public. The last thing I want to do when going to dinner with my wife is some goober wanting to talk guns, I'm a goober and have plenty of other goobers to talk guns with here on DC.

3. I think a lot of gun t shirts are borderline tacky.

4. Perceived or real, Why take the risk? Again, I don't like to advertise the possibility that I have valuables that are easy to steal or I might have a gun. I prefer to be the gray man.

5. I out grew the "Look at me, I'm a gun owner" novelty a long time ago. Its really not that impressive.
    Thank you for the response. It is much appreciated and I see where you are coming from.
    Glock G19 - Generation 2 (our first)
    Glock G26 - Generation 3
    Glock G21 - Generation 3 (Bought 8/2010)
    Taurus PT709 Slim - mostly used as a bug (Sold 8/2010, did not like the quality after owning it for a few months)

Senior Member Array Ragin Cajun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    OK...

1. I don't like being a billboard, especially when I have to pay for the billboard myself. If Glock/HK/S.A. wants me to advertise for them, they would send me stuff free of charge and pay me to wear their shirt. It doesn't make sense to me that I pay them so I can advertise for them.

I don't buy any hats or cloths with logo's period for that reason. I have some non gun company hats that were given to me and I'll ware those. That's about it.

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragin Cajun View Post
    I don't buy any hats or cloths with logo's period for that reason. I have some non gun company hats that were given to me and I'll ware those. That's about it.

Ditto, you'd be hard pressed to find more than 3 articles of clothing in my closet that have logos of any sort that are non-work related.

I think that of all my "street" attire, I wear two pieces of clothing that have logos on them, my USMC ball cap which has an Eagle Globe and Anchor, and the one 5.11 T-shirt that has the 5.11 logo on it, but the logo is really, really small, and even that was given to me.

Logos

I have a bunch of NRA and gun company shirts, but I typically wear them only to go to work at the gunshop. If I have to stop on the way to or from there at the Post Office or grocery store or something, I don't worry about it, but I hardly ever wear them out and about.

Administrator
    The NRA, Marine Corp. stuff etc. I dont see as the same as a company logo. I still wont wear them, but its different because you are a part of the NRA, or you are a part of the Marines.
    You dont work for Glock, you are nothing more than a customer who likes the product.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Senior Member Array Natureboypkr's Avatar
    If it's not Micheal Kors or Armani then it doesnt cover this skin, so the logo thing wouldnt be a problem for me.
    Mixed Martial Arts Record= 2-0.......Kyokushin Karate Record=5-0

USMC.....helping enemies of America die for their countries since 1775

I have a Gunsite hat with the raven logo. I happen to like the hat and I do wear it. No one is familiar with the logo anyway so I'm not making any statement or advertising anything. That's about as close as I'll get to wearing patches or logos that are gun related.

I am like Sixto and also prescribe to the grey man theory. No logos at all, even on the range. I give all my freebie logo swag away.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Senior Moderator
    Life is too short to sweat the small stuff.

I'll wear whatever suits me.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Life is too short to sweat the small stuff.
    It's only small stuff until one is targeted because of it. Awareness doesn't mean sweating. One can be aware and make a minor change in behavior without worry or effort.

The news is full of examples over the years of folks having their cars targeted due to bumper stickers, or thugs targeted due to the apparent "colors" they're sporting, or people being targeted simply because they appear different (for any number of reasons ... hippie, earring, looking "gay").

Nature has it right. A flock of birds on the wing protects individuals expressly due to each blending in. The same principle can be leveraged with humans in a crowd. To the one avoiding attack, it might well seem somewhat-greater-than-small stuff.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Natureboypkr View Post
    If it's not Micheal Kors or Armani then it doesnt cover this skin, so the logo thing wouldnt be a problem for me.
    I didnt know they made underwear too.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Sponsored Links