Wearing gun logo clothing and carrying a bad idea? - Page 7

Wearing gun logo clothing and carrying a bad idea?

This is a discussion on Wearing gun logo clothing and carrying a bad idea? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I don't mind it at all. Some of the shirts I've seen are pretty cryptic and most wouldn't realize what it meant. Even the obvious ...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    I don't mind it at all. Some of the shirts I've seen are pretty cryptic and most wouldn't realize what it meant. Even the obvious "Got Glock" I think many wouldn't understand. Besides, it's a way to possibly meet a new friend...I mentioned this once, but an older gentleman had a shirt that said something like: "Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store--Not a government agency". I told him I liked the shirt, and we struck up a friendly chat about gun rights, types of guns...etc.
    It is utterly illogical to believe that passing laws to reduce gun violence will be successful when those who are commiting the gun violence do not obey the law.

VIP Member
    This is a conversation that pops up from time to time. The easy answer is that we're never going to have an answer- but we do have a lot of people that love to passionately defend their particular points of view. It is a whole lot like the open carry debate in that regard.

Simply put, you have to make the decision for yourself. If you want to wear the shirt that has a Glock logo across the chest, then go for it. It may make you a target, it may make you a friend. In the end, it probably won't matter one way or the other though.

I personally do not wear gun company stuff unless I'm on the range- and then only because I have so much of the stuff that I've managed to get for free that it makes no sense not to wear it sometime. I do wear NRA stuff from time to time, but that is almost always in some way connected to work I do for the NRA. If I'm not doing something for them that stuff stays at home as well.

That said, if you pay attention to things I do have a few "tells" I suppose. I do wear shirts with "INFIDEL" across the chest and back. Those in the know would likely know that comes from Gabe Suarez. I've got a couple of shirts from my days in the Marine Corps that would indicate that I at least know how to use a gun, but probably wouldn't indicate that I had one on my person at any given point. And there is the small problem that to know me is to know that I spend too much time at the range and that I still don't think it is enough.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Squawker View Post
    Thumper, here in Southern Nevada, probably 80% of the tourist wear fanny packs. To me, they're probably the best way to carry concealed!
    Up north the only ones I see here are on older folks or a CCW'er every once in a while. Yeah, an occasional tourist too. They're just not too common up here. Too bad because though I never use it... I have one!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    Post #3 in the following thread is on topic and interesting.

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...-carry-ok.html

I don't worry so much about the general public picking me out wearing gun related item's as much as someone who would do me or mine harm. For that reason alone I don't wear anything gun related. In my opinion your better off not to wear something that say's gun. But that being said if you want to thats your own decision. Good luck and be careful.

You know when I finally get my carry license I might be a little hesitant on wearing any type of gun logo clothing just because people around here tend to strike up a conversation on just about anything but I would definitely have to wear this shirt when the time comes just because it is making fun of rosie GOA Merchandise -- T-Shirt
    Springfield 1911A1, Ruger GP100 .357 mag, Glock 17, Ruger Vaquero .44 mag

I think my favorite shirt is TOO obvious for anyone to think i carry :P
    "...trying to get a long gun into play while someone is all over you like a monkey eating a cupcake is not very conducive to good survival techniques." ~Bark'n

would i wear a gun logo shirt? yes, i OC a lot and 80% of people never notice ever. even last night at the pier fishing on the island maybe 1 person took notice and i can almost guarantee you he was from the FLETC we have here in ga. other than that normally only children notice and ask and tell you how cool it is

If nobody is noticing the logos, then why wear them? Excluding the fact that you already have the shirt. Why buy more?

Isn't the whole point of wearing a shirt like that for people to notice? Isn't that why people buy name brands. Granted everyone knows who Harley Davidson is and not everyone knows who Glock is. But most people do. Besides these shirt's are usually made to draw attention and advertise their products. Most have a picture of a gun and the word Glock on it. Or at least I would imagine it would. If the T-Shirt or hat doesn't explain what the product is, then that's poor advertising.

I agree with SIXTO, they should be paying me to advertise their logo. Give free logo stuff away - I'm too cheap for that. Online auction site!

Knowledge is power. The less People know the better. I don't want to stand out to the police or to the gangbanger. I don't want to receive any "special" treatment. I want to be able to go about my way unmolested. If I am invisible in the crowd, then I have an advantage. I worry more about the folks that scan the crowds than the folks that attract the crowd's attention.

I haven't read all the posts... been away from the forum for a while, however.

I say to each their own. For decades before Missouri had ccw, pro-gun attire was abundant. Logo hats, shirts, jackets, heck anything you could put a logo on could be seen virtually anywhere.

So, now that we are a ccw state, I really don't think folks give it much of a thought.

I am one who personally would rather not advertise my pro-gun stance when carrying, but that doesn't mean I haven't done so from time to time.

I see nothing wrong with owning a company logo piece of attire. Some of them like Glock, Springfield and HK have some nice shirts or hats. I own a couple. I also have NRA merchandise.

Still for the most part, I like to fly "under" the radar. Nothing on my car and usually nothing worn in public, but I'm not gonna feel like a target with all eyes staring daggers at me if I happen to wear an NRA hat while I'm packing a gun.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I save my Sig shirts and NRA hats for when I'm with a like-minded crowd. I'm four-square behind the NRA - an Endowment Member - but I won't put a decal on my car.

That said, I *do* carry a few NRA decals when I travel on business... they find their way onto the cars I rent!
    Last edited by gasmitty; June 30th, 2008 at 09:45 PM. Reason: clarification

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Links