CCW & Motorcycling - Page 2

CCW & Motorcycling

This is a discussion on CCW & Motorcycling within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Sticks I carry tucked IWB, so riding or driving, there is no difference. I will probably read the linked threads, but I ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CCW & Motorcycling

Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    I carry tucked IWB, so riding or driving, there is no difference.

I will probably read the linked threads, but I should state that CC on a motorcycle and needing to use it while still on the bike (stop light, parking, etc.) is going to require some significant rider skill. There are some riding principles and use of CC that are diametrically opposed to each other.
    Having 'cruise control' helps...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I've always wondered what the recoil from a 90 degree shot would do while riding. Anyone tried it?
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

VIP Member
    AZ Husker. I tried it and ended up on the bedroom floor and woke up.

Have been carrying Kimber Pro Carry HD II in a Milt Sparks VM-II. Recently ordered an MTAC for the Glock 36...no problem with the Kimber, just like options!

I carry my Kahr CW9 in my front pocket, the small of my back in a tuckable holster. The Smith 686 goes in my saddlebags which are locked when I park the bike. From the small of my back I could draw while riding, but not from my pocket.
    Life NRA member since 1974
    "I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that He is able to keep that which I have committed unto Him against that day." 2Tim1:12
    Go Army
    SFC

I carry it in my regular IWB Bladetech. It's pretty much impossible to get at under my leather though.
    That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?

http://www.nevadashooters.com

I carry in my tank bag. The Kahr MK9 or S&W 642 sits right next to my camera and is in easy and fast reach. When I have to leave the bike, I just stick the gun in my motorcycle jacket pocket.

I've been in two motorcycle accidents over the years and do not like the idea of having the handgun next to my body when I ride.

There are hassles to be dealt with if you ride across states lines between states that do not have reciprocity. I have had to stop at the Colorado-Nebraska or Utah-Nevada state lines, remove the gun from the bag, take out the mag or the rounds, separate the ammo from the gun, and lock them in different cases on the bike. I've had to do move the gun into lockable bags on the bike going into restaurants that were posted (in states that have the serving alcohol - no guns rules).

Still, the sense of security of having the gun is worth the occasional hassle.

Ron

VIP Member
    I had mine in my tank bag and my fear was if I came off the bike or was a few feet from the bike and someone grabed the bag. I put it back into my pocket.

I went to a local leather worker and had an extra internal zipped pocket thats a snug fit added on the inside left of my leather about pec. high,easy to retrieve my MK40.

Personaly,I'd go with a 1911A1 under my shoulder or a concealed carry vest.

I always wear my Kel-tec PF9 in an ankle holster while riding my Fatboy. It stays snug against my leg under my jeans. No, it's not the ideal way to carry but it's better than nothing at all. In the Fall and when I seldom ride in the Winter, my G23 rides under my coat or jacket.
    The most and best is known to the man who quits his bed before sunrise... who spends his days on the mountains and forests...who bears the heat and cold and hunger and thirst, for the love of nature...to visit the utmost refuges of beast and bird .....Alfred Pease

VIP Member
    STORMVET. What Ankle holster do you use for the PF-9 and how do you like it. This could be another way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by ccman View Post
    STORMVET. What Ankle holster do you use for the PF-9 and how do you like it. This could be another way to go.
    The question was not directed to me, but I would like to state my ankle holster preference.

I have an Uncle Mike's Sidekick, actually 2 of them in different holster sizes. They have a band that straps around just above the calf (and just below the knee) and one down around the ankle area. That keeps the gun from slipping down to the top of the shoe. All the units that I have tried that have just the ankle band never stay up and are pushed down every time the calf flexes (like in walking). The result: the holster and gun tend to spend their time right on the top of my shoe and out into view below the cuff of my pants.

Ron

CCMAN, it's Passport and I love it. In fact it's what I use most of the time. Both my PF9 and my G23 will fit in the ankle rig, but the G23 bulges a little more. If I know I'm going to be standing most of the time, and if I'm wearing pants with a larger leg opening, I will pack the Glock, otherwise it's the Keltec.
    Some downsides to the ankle rig is that it's not easy to get to if you're in a hurry. Also, It has to be tight on your ankle in order to stay put otherwise it will be sloppy and slide around. . .not a good feeling. You can crank down on the velcro too much and stop the blood so you just have to find what's comfortable for you. I bought the ankle rig just so I'd have the option if I needed it. The way it turned out, it's what I use most. The Passport is not expensive so if decide you don't like it, you're not out much $. Good luck. .Oh one other thing, I wear the rig on the inside of my leg and with the pistol turned around backwards. For some reason it fits better.
    The most and best is known to the man who quits his bed before sunrise... who spends his days on the mountains and forests...who bears the heat and cold and hunger and thirst, for the love of nature...to visit the utmost refuges of beast and bird .....Alfred Pease

I carry my P229 .40S&W or a 4" 1911 with either OWB (carry loc) and wear my leather jacket. I have a Goldwing and a CBR900RR. The backrest on the GW hides the P229 because I carry at 4:00. The CBR is a little harder to conceal 100%, but the leather jacket cover it pretty well. At least I don't see people shrieking for cover or cowering in the corner as I ride past them.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links