Will USSC 2A decision facilitate reciprocity laws? - Page 3

Will USSC 2A decision facilitate reciprocity laws?

This is a discussion on Will USSC 2A decision facilitate reciprocity laws? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by 2edgesword If you're not a member of the NRA or some State group that supports 2nd amendment rights join one. Absolutely, now ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Will USSC 2A decision facilitate reciprocity laws?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2edgesword View Post
    If you're not a member of the NRA or some State group that supports 2nd amendment rights join one.
    Absolutely, now more than ever!!!
    If the public are bound to yield obedience to laws to which they cannot give their approbation, they are slaves to those who make such laws and enforce them.--Samuel Adams as Candidus, Boston Gazette 20 Jan. 1772

Veteran--USA FA
    NRA Benefactor Life
    Tennessee Firearms Association Life

Senior Member Array InspectorGadget's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MR D View Post
    we still face the problem that my right to possess (keep and bear) arms
    is basically denied/abridged/changed every time that I (a United States Citizen) travel from state to state...

I have a driver's license in Ohio, given under state authority and the "full faith and credit clause" ensures that said license is accepted/respected by the other 49 states and the various territories, possessions and protectorates. This also applies to my Marriage license. Why not my CHL?

(my best guess is that not all 50 states recognize a "right" to carry a concealed handgun)

DC is a victory. Did it go far enough? Not for my desires - but DC is only the first bite in eating this elephant, Chicago - hopefully is the second, then NY, San Francisco... Bon Appetit!
    Totally agree, this will be covered when the first person that can "Legally" purchase a weapon is denied a license to carry. When that case goes up, part of the case will be "Where can I carry, if I go to NYC then I have to have my weapon Pre-Registered with NYC and approved. If I go to FL then any record of which Legal Weapon I own must be destroyed within 48 hours." This case should cover "Bear", "Shall Issue", "Reciprocity" and "Registration" going all the way back to the English having the Colonies Register their guns prior to Confiscation. (We are coming Bloomberg)

BTW this should definitely include Nagin's confiscation of Registered Guns during Katrina
    Colt 1911 New Agent, CTLaser

You do not work for them, they work for you.
    Senators http://senate.gov/general/contact_in...nators_cfm.cfm
    Congressmen http://www.house.gov/house/MemberWWW_by_State.shtml

VIP Member
    No, it is a state to state thing.

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I hate to say it but this is why I will never step foot in Washington DC until I can legally carry to protect me or my loved ones I won't give them a dime
    I feel the same way..also applies to Illinois and Kalistinkistan!
    "Brains before Bullets"

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy-SS View Post
    how many think the terrific USSC decision will facilitate (or even force) reciprocity agreements between additional states?
    Nope. Not even a little.

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I hate to say it but this is why I will never step foot in Washington DC until I can legally carry to protect me or my loved ones I won't give them a dime
    Amen Brother. I have said that for a long time.
    We live in West Tennessee. We have a lot of family that still lives in West-cetral Indiana. Mapquest, Yahoo and any other map generator always suggests the fastet rout from our house to theirs is through the Peoples Republik of Illinois.
    Sorry, but we drive and hour and a half longer to go through Nashville and up to Indiana on I-65 just so there is not a chance that we will spend a penny in a state that keeps it's citizens from exercising their right to selfdefense.

I will spend no money with any business that has a no carry sign, and I will spend no money in nor even pass through any state that won't let me carry there.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

smn
    GeorgiaCarry.org is suing all the state's county probate judges in a class action law suit. By not permitting a non-resident a Georgia Firearms License the probate judges are denying the defendant's 2A under the Milita clause.

You can read more about it here.

This may be the beginning of incorporation.
    Last edited by smn; June 28th, 2008 at 12:24 PM. Reason: edit for syntax

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links