Does this make me a wierd? - Page 2

Does this make me a wierd?

This is a discussion on Does this make me a wierd? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; No carrying around the house does not make you weird Being weird makes you weird I sometimes carry with a Smartcarry around the house...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Does this make me a wierd?

Senior Moderator
    No carrying around the house does not make you weird

Being weird makes you weird

I sometimes carry with a Smartcarry around the house
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy W. View Post
    Your FIL is right, you should just carry one bullet in your pocket.
    Yup! I was waiting for someone to reference that intrepid crime fighter, Barney Fife.
    Last edited by Captain Crunch; June 27th, 2008 at 12:08 PM. Reason: Fixed quote tags.

Distinguished Member Array snowdoctor's Avatar
    welcome for michigan's great southwest....
    I think you would find that most of us do something similar when at home. I often have my IWB holster on with firearm exposed while in the house, or lounging. especially in michigan when a jacket is needed for most months...
    MANY people 'practiced' in that period before their permit arrived. and it is good practice...get used to the rig and the weight, figure out how to wear it (location), and how to position accessories..ie mag pouch, knife, flashlight, etc. figure out the type of clothes needed.
    I say keep doing what you are doing, it is after all...YOUR HOUSE
    ----DOC-----

--people ask why I carry, and I show them this picture. I think it says it all.--

NRA Certified Instructor--many disciplines

No, you're not weird. You're just practicing a real-world skill.

Conceal, be safe.
    Randy
    - - - - -
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

B52
    Nope, keep practicing. I carry all the time when I am at home. Yesterday, when I got home I washed my truck. Later that day my wife asked if I was carrying because she couldn't tell. I replied yes dear I had my S&W model-38 in my pants pocket. Stay armed, stay safe!

Distinguished Member Array XD 45's Avatar
    No your not wierd I carry when I am home most of the time.
    XD .45, Glock 23, Mossberg 590A, M&P 15 Rossi 641, RIA 1911

If You Want To Know The Mind Of A Man Listen To His Words

I did it while I was waiting for my CHL to show up...killed time and let me know what was working and not was not. At my request the wife and kids would tell me "Dad your Gun is showing!" Or "dad your Printing"
    Practice makes perfect. Most of the time it was un loaded and I was just getting used to the addidtional gear.
    Now its second nature, Funny thing is, now my wife and kids are experts at spotting other CCW'ers...We'll be out and they'll whisper, Hey Dad, that guys got a gun....
    USMC 1984-1992
    To err is human.
    To forgive is divine.
    Neither of which is Marine Corps policy.

"It's all about shot placement."- David (Slayer of Goliath)

Now setting up a schedule for the family to pull fire watch is weird. Installing a turret in your house is cool, but weird.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post
    I sometimes carry with a Smartcarry around the house
    Same here. Actually, I do every evening while wearing loose shorts. If I am doing yard work, I use my MTAC. I'll do the same as soon as my CCW arrives.
    Glock G19 - Generation 2 (our first)
    Glock G26 - Generation 3
    Glock G21 - Generation 3 (Bought 8/2010)
    Taurus PT709 Slim - mostly used as a bug (Sold 8/2010, did not like the quality after owning it for a few months)

YES - You are weird !!

In their eyes anyone who is proactive and prepared to protect themselves and the ones they love is weird! They are still sheeple, and that is ok. You have chosen to be a sheep-dog...

so, being weird is not necessarily a "bad thing" I carry all of the time (except in the shower) To your GF and Mom I would be very weird...

as they get used to your carrying you will become "less weird" and (hopefully) you will eventually become normal (to them) again

Practice and demonstrate safety with everything you do. Know all the rules and never , ever get lax. If asked, explain the rules you follow and why you do so. It's been my experience that, more often than not, anti-gun people are not necessarily firm in their beliefs (Most have no knowledge of firearms or statistics at all). They only spout what they've been spoon fed. Words from us are good but words and teaching is much better. After any of the above fails, be firm in your beliefs and let the chips fall . You've decided to take responsibility..now it's their turn .
    From me, I got 8 more good guys/gals to obtain their permit. Half of them thought they were anti gun until I took them to the range, spent a ton of time just talking, calmly, teaching safety first and foremost.
    We need not hammer people to understand us but, we can teach them if they are the slightest bit open to being taught.

VIP Member
    Yup, face it... you're a gun toting nut case!

Welcome to the family!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

It makes perfect sense to practice what works for you and what won't. Waiting till the day you get your permit and THEN finding out your holster,carry position etc. is uncomfortable is a bad idea imo. Strolling around Wally World fiddling with your rig trying to get comfortable is not conducive to "concealed".
    Besides, You practice with your pistol at range to get used to it don't ya'? Well,why wouldn't you practice carrying it too?

Ya' sound like a gun nut...you carry around the house? I bet it's even loaded...sheeeesh...

Welcome to the club...

Stay armed...even around the house...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Member Array Ragin Cajun's Avatar
    Sheep have a hard time understanding. Anytime you practice something, it should be the way you are actually going to do it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links