Many civilians choosing less-lethal weapons

This is a discussion on Many civilians choosing less-lethal weapons within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; "Because with every less-lethal item, there's always the caveat that it might not work," she said. Gee, that sure is comforting . A firearm of ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Many civilians choosing less-lethal weapons

Senior Member Array flagflyfish's Avatar
    "Because with every less-lethal item, there's always the caveat that it might not work," she said.

Gee, that sure is comforting. A firearm of any decent quality will go bang when the trigger is pulled. Most people that carry a gun for protection train with it on a regular basis, and know the workings of it inside and out. People that carry bottomfeeders know and practice FTF/FTE drills, IE; tap, rack, bang, but it takes training and practice.
    Will I trust my life solely to a little pink thing that looks like a I-Pod? I think not. I'll trust my 1911.
    "These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier
    and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the
    service of his country; but he that stands it now, deserves the
    love and thanks of man and woman."

-- Thomas Paine (The American Crisis, No. 1, 19 December 1776)

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    What has already been said...one has to touch the person with a stun gun...not easy to do in a fight. What I note though is about every 10-15 years, the same thoughts resurface on stun guns. All the women go out and buy them (or husband does) because they would rather have some self-defense than none, only to find out later on in life that it is not much self-defense at all. Would rather them take hand-to-hand...they have a better chance than with gadget faith, marketing ploy.

Rick

All I can say is, I wish her good luck.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

I've been impressed with some of the less-lethal weapons coming out, but they are good for the people that are trying to rob or harass you, not the ones that are trying to kill you. I'd also rather fight multiple threats with a sword than any of the less-lethal weapons. There good for dealing with SOME threats.

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    I have no problem with less than lethal weapons.
    I do have a problem with that mindset.
    10-4 on that one but it is a mind set that is not set in stone. Rather, I do think that many of these folks are on the right track. They at least are willing to accept personal responsibility for their own well being, its the one who won't that are the problem. One common misconception these people have is that hollywood myth that one bullet any bullet is fatal. As I recall 80% gun shoot wounds do not end in death. If we focus on that fact with these people maybe we can win them over. In many ways her thinking is representative of most of us. I doubt many here if any at all WANT to kill anyone ever for any reason. We do want others to not hurt us or our loved ones and want the most effective means to accomplish that goal. The second part of that equation. We all have it deeply ingrained in us that harming other human beings is evil immoral. So helping them coming to terms with being willing and able to do what is needed to live is natural and normal. That if the time comes few humans are willing o go peacefully into the night. There is nothing wrong or immoral with doing what is needed to live unharmed
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Quote Originally Posted by SubNine View Post
    Maybe for some people, going the less lethal route is a better option. The way I see it though, if I have a guy trying to kill me or a loved one, he deserves no less lethal treatment than he's delivering.
    No, choosing a control-device over a weapon is not a better option...it's an indicator that they need to fix their mindset.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links