Halfway there...

Halfway there...

This is a discussion on Halfway there... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I took the Texas' CHL course yesterday, taught by fellow DC member Reborn. Passed with flying colors... Now to get my fingerprints, wait on some ...

Senior Member Array KevinDooley's Avatar

Halfway there...

I took the Texas' CHL course yesterday, taught by fellow DC member Reborn. Passed with flying colors... Now to get my fingerprints, wait on some paperwork to arrive from Illinois and then the packet is off!
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

The will to win is worthless if you do not have the will to prepare. -Thane Yost

VIP Member

on the course, now for the hard part...the wait.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

While waiting occupy your time with getting your "ensemble" together then for the other 119 days keep your eye on the mailbox.By the way due to things i had to resend in my packet last year I think it took me almost 5 months to finally get the plastic.one consolation is that here in Texas you can car carry
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array XD 45's Avatar
    welcome to the club and now the hardest part the waiting.
    XD .45, Glock 23, Mossberg 590A, M&P 15 Rossi 641, RIA 1911

If You Want To Know The Mind Of A Man Listen To His Words

Kevin, I wish you were only half way there. You now have to wait for your PIN, unless you did you app electronically, and then you have to set up a schedule to go to the DHS site daily and check your status. Then you have to Email your state rep and let them know that you understand that it is taking longer than normal this year and that you know there is nothing in your background check that will come up negative... and then maybe they will make a call and get yours done faster, it has happened.

Personally, I agree with Kerb in another posting to simply forget you started the process. This way it won't eat at you that they are taking so long to process the apps and when you do get your CHL it may seem like Christmas, which it very well may be anyway by the time you get your CHL.

Don't mean to discourage, but to set that expectation.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Links