Carry in church in a school?

Carry in church in a school?

This is a discussion on Carry in church in a school? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am a member of a large church that has several campuses across our city. This weekend I happened to attend the one campus that ...

Thread: Carry in church in a school?

Question Carry in church in a school?

I am a member of a large church that has several campuses across our city. This weekend I happened to attend the one campus that currently meets in the auditorium of a middle school. I know that schools are off limits to concealed carry, but what is the law regarding CC in this situation? School is not in session, so does the law still apply?

Does FL the law specify that you can't carry in a school "only during school hours"...I think the answer is no.
    Speak softly, and carry a big stick.

Definite "no" on this one. Sorry, but school zones are off limits, 24/7-365. I too wish it was not so, but I guess that's the price we pay for "keeping our kids safe". (dripping with sarcasm).......................

lowgroove,

Sorry, I know that an answer with no reference is only an opinion, so here you are..FL penal code -

(2)(a) A person shall not possess any firearm, electric weapon or device, destructive device, or other weapon as defined in s. 790.001(13), including a razor blade or box cutter, except as authorized in support of school-sanctioned activities, at a school-sponsored event or on the property of any school, school bus, or school bus stop; however, a person may carry a firearm:

1. In a case to a firearms program, class or function which has been approved in advance by the principal or chief administrative officer of the school as a program or class to which firearms could be carried;

2. In a case to a career center having a firearms training range; or

3. In a vehicle pursuant to s. 790.25(5); except that school districts may adopt written and published policies that waive the exception in this subparagraph for purposes of student and campus parking privileges.

For the purposes of this section, "school" means any preschool, elementary school, middle school, junior high school, secondary school, career center, or postsecondary school, whether public or nonpublic.

(b) A person who willfully and knowingly possesses any electric weapon or device, destructive device, or other weapon as defined in s. 790.001(13), including a razor blade or box cutter, except as authorized in support of school-sanctioned activities, in violation of this subsection commits a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

(c)1. A person who willfully and knowingly possesses any firearm in violation of this subsection commits a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.
    EVIL PREVAILS WHEN GOOD MEN FAIL TO ACT.

Quote Originally Posted by luvmyglock View Post

Definite "no" on this one. Sorry, but school zones are off limits, 24/7-365.

Exactly right. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by luvmyglock View Post
    Definite "no" on this one. Sorry, but school zones are off limits, 24/7-365.
    That's what I thought.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links