Defensive Carry banner

For those who live near the border do you carry more than your handgun?

3K views 26 replies 18 participants last post by  target1911 
#1 ·
In the car. I do, I've started carying a long gun in the front seat. Usually a M-4 or SOCOM16.

#3 ·
I hunt in West Texas, by Sanderson, and everytime we go there, someone has broke into our cabin. We leave it unlocked, so they have access(got sick of replacing windows or doors) We leave food and water for them. So, I bring handgun, shotgun with buckshot, and a rifle. I carry all the time, while I am there. My friend cracks up. We are in the desert, 15 miles from cell phone reception, and in the middle of no where, I let him laugh.

#5 ·
I live 20 miles from Mexico border,I only carry my handgun do to the fact I'm not leaving a gun in a car to get stolen,down here I've never seen so many dishonest people and just because they happen to be elected officials doesn't mean they are honest.In my house I keep a shotgun with 00 buck and a barrel light by my bed and if it gets real bad the AR15 with 30 round mag and holosight

#14 ·
It was place created to put an entire culture of people who say, "Eh?" after every other word...:rofl:

#21 ·
Dang, where I live in Pa, I have Mexicans to the north and Md to the south. Darn right I carry more then just my M&P. Or isn't that the border your asking about. :haha:

#26 ·
If I'm down that way, yeah. I do some hiking down south of Tucson when its not 140 degrees outside. But as a general rule, if I head into the desert anywhere around or south of Phoenix I carry the Mossberg with my CCW. Some people think I'm paranoid or nuts for 'lugging the extra pounds.' I'd rather be nuts than dead. Sheriff's Office closed their shop in Wickenburg and I spend a LOT of time out in that area (1-2 weekends a month for about 8 months of the year). Drug-related crime has gone through the roof in Aguila and the surrounding area. I stick to the deserts but that doesn't mean some jerk tripping on meth or whatever won't stumble onto me.

Besides, you head out into some areas and a shotgun makes a handy signal device when the wind won't carry your voice.

#27 ·
I carry everything I can get away with. The Dallas County border line is way to close for comfort.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.