GCO: Atlanta plans to announce the arresting of any carry within the law tomorrow - Page 2

GCO: Atlanta plans to announce the arresting of any carry within the law tomorrow

This is a discussion on GCO: Atlanta plans to announce the arresting of any carry within the law tomorrow within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; yes ga is open or concealed, but its not a traditional OC, you must hold a GFL(georgia firearms license)...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GCO: Atlanta plans to announce the arresting of any carry within the law tomorrow

yes ga is open or concealed, but its not a traditional OC, you must hold a GFL(georgia firearms license)

Senior Member Array InspectorGadget's Avatar
    I grew up under the airport in Forest Park, it is because of people like the Mayor and the other people in office that can run my life and my tax dollars better than me that I retired to Florida instead. Although I am no longer a resident, you guys especially the senator have my Prayers and support.

Rock on Brother
    Colt 1911 New Agent, CTLaser

You do not work for them, they work for you.
    Senators http://senate.gov/general/contact_in...nators_cfm.cfm
    Congressmen http://www.house.gov/house/MemberWWW_by_State.shtml

Dear GCO Member,

Today is a busy day.

(1) GCO Sues Mayor Franklin

More information will follow, but we wanted you to hear it from us first. GCO attorney John "Sledgehammer" Monroe filed a federal lawsuit this morning against Atlanta, Mayor Shirley Franklin, and airport manager Ben Decosta, seeking to enjoin them from arresting people who are obeying state law.

State Rep. Tim Bearden (Dist. 68) is a plaintiff in the lawsuit, as Ben DeCosta last night made a specific threat to arrest him today.

The lawsuit is being served on the recalcitrant public officials even while you are reading this Update. More to follow . . .

(2) Don't Forget about Dinner with GCO

As you know, HB 89 takes effect on July 1 (today!), and it is no longer a crime to carry a firearm into a restaurant that serves alcohol, so long as one does not consume alcohol at the restaurant while armed.

Christo's is a restaurant in Marietta that is owned by a GCO member and is inviting GCO members to dine in its restaurant armed. Many GCO members are eager to show up and celebrate the same day HB 89 takes effect. Several of the GCO officers and board members will be showing up around 7:00 p.m. to feast on pizza, calzone, and gyros. Many are coming earlier or later. Expect some television news cameras.

Christo's is located in the Publix Shopping Center at the corner of Delk Rd and Powers Ferry (2900 Delk Road, Marietta). It is in the corner of the shopping center. Here is a web link for the location:
    2900 Delk Rd SE # 1700, marietta ga - Google Maps
    Hope to see you and your pistol there.
    Christo's Pizza
    2900 Delk Rd SE # 1700
    Marietta, GA 30067
    (770) 952-1965

Quote Originally Posted by luvmyglock View Post
    Reminds me of a certain someone...OH yeah mayor Nickles here in Seattle.
    Beat me to it. What is wrong with these Mayors. Is it just me or does the Village Idiot seem to run the Village these days?
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

I am curious. If state law allows carry there, what are the officers supposed to put on the charging document? "Article 27 section 4 Making the mayor look like an idiot?"
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

CNN.com has this video called "More guns in Georgia" today.

It's so annoying how they talk about CCW. They don't have a clue.

Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com
    That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?

http://www.nevadashooters.com

My Comment to the AJC Story

Shirley Georgette Wallace Franklin is becoming a real politican. To paraphrase a governor from a neighboring state back in the day..

"In the name of the most elitest people that have ever trod this earth, I draw the line in the dust and toss the gauntlet before the feet of freedom, and I say gun bans now, gun bans tomorrow, gun bans forever."

Power corrupts....

She is doing her Mugabe impersonation...
    George H. Foster
    Orlando, Florida

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar
    This could reach further than Atlanta. Denver does not have any restrictions on their airport or the parking lot but here's a clip from a Fox News article and I'm most concerned by the third paragraph:

Atlanta Mayor Shirley Franklin said citizens can't bring guns into the terminal and argued that airports remain attractive targets for terrorism.

Allowing citizens to carry firearms "would create an environment that would endanger millions of people," she said.

Franklin said she will lobby Congress to withhold federal funds from facilities that allow firearms on their premises.

Quote Originally Posted by Tally XD View Post
    If our rights are not exercised, even in the face of arrest and consequence, then we have gained nothing by protecting those rights.
    You said it best Tally
    "Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without police protection is both."

Kimber CDP .45acp, CT Laser
    BUG - Ruger SP101 .357mag, CT Laser

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerinWstuff View Post
    Atlanta Mayor Shirley Franklin said citizens can't bring guns into the terminal and argued that airports remain attractive targets for terrorism.
    She has a point. Now all of the terrorists will be able to apply for CCW permits.
    That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?

http://www.nevadashooters.com

Quote Originally Posted by whyipackmy45 View Post
    She has a point. Now all of the terrorists will be able to apply for CCW permits.
    And perhaps more importantly, the Terrorists will be able to carry their firearms into the airport since it'll be legal. Tsk. Tsk. The only thing standing between us and armed terrorists was the law and now we don't even have that!
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

mec
    same sort of thing happened in texas right after ccw passed. some idiots up in grand prarie decided to declare either Six flags over Texas or the State Fair an Amusement park even though it met almost none of the necessary defining factors.

Senior Member Array KevinDooley's Avatar
    Not to drag this too far off topic, but I thought carry in State Park was allowed again as of last year... at least that's what the instructor told the whole class last week...
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

The will to win is worthless if you do not have the will to prepare. -Thane Yost

Two relevant comments:

1. She seemed shocked that the law was intended to allow carry in churches; however, I am dumbfounded as to why church carry is not allowed, especially in the wake of the Colorado incident.

2. That reporter is kinda hot.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links