Can you CCW at Gunshow? - Page 2

Can you CCW at Gunshow?

This is a discussion on Can you CCW at Gunshow? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; last time i went to one here in N.H.,they asked if i was carrying-said yes and they asked me to unload it so they could ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can you CCW at Gunshow?

last time i went to one here in N.H.,they asked if i was carrying-said yes and they asked me to unload it so they could put zip tie through it..they did allow me to keep my mag with me too..
    S&W-SW40VE
    molon labe
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity" --Sigmund Freud

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by sgtD View Post
    My guess is that all of these policies likely have nothing to do with law, but are as a result of insurance carriers who provide insurance to promoters. I don't necessarily agree with the policies, but if I were an insurance company, I'd require the same thing. An AD could cost a bunch of money and would drive up the cost of insurance for all gunshow promoters or even make it impossible to get. So, they take as much action as possible to lessen the risk of that happening. It's likely more of a business decision than a political statement IMO.
    You are probably correct, but it still is strange to me that every time one is challenged by some business, or that there is a sign prohibiting carrying in any manner, we seem to shout we will never go there again. "I have a right to carry, and I won't patronize a place where I can't defend myself or my family."
    If a gun shop prohibits ccw then we won't patronize that shop.

But when it comes to gun shows we go right along with the prohibition, and even defend it. I think it is inconsistent to be a "sheep" in one instance and a "sheep dog" in the other.

It may be that the businesses we refuse to patronize due to prohibition of CCW or OC have the same insurance problem.

We claim we have the training and skills to carry, but do not trust ourselves to keep a gun holstered at a gun show.

Regards,
    Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by JerryM View Post
    You are probably correct, but it still is strange to me that every time one is challenged by some business, or that there is a sign prohibiting carrying in any manner, we seem to shout we will never go there again. "I have a right to carry, and I won't patronize a place where I can't defend myself or my family."
    If a gun shop prohibits ccw then we won't patronize that shop.

But when it comes to gun shows we go right along with the prohibition, and even defend it. I think it is inconsistent to be a "sheep" in one instance and a "sheep dog" in the other.

It may be that the businesses we refuse to patronize due to prohibition of CCW or OC have the same insurance problem.

We claim we have the training and skills to carry, but do not trust ourselves to keep a gun holstered at a gun show.

Regards,
    Jerry
    I am not an anti, never was or never will be, but i am in total agreement with what you said here. This is ammunition for all the anti-gunners to use against us. if we are not trusted and allowed to carry amongst other CCWers that are suppose to be responsible gun owners, train and skill with our firearms, dont you think the rest of society will look at this whole concealed carry as a joke and really try harder to get it band?
    It's Barbados Ah come from
    Celebration Lodge #36
    Celebration, Fl.

Distinguished Member Array AKsrule's Avatar
    I've seen people get so Flustered at being asked to unload
    their gun that they COMPLETELY FORGOT about their
    backup weapon..............
    -------
    -SIG , it's What's for Dinner-

know your rights!
    http://www.handgunlaw.us

"If I walk in the woods, I feel much more comfortable carrying a gun. What if you meet a bear in the woods that's going to attack you? You shoot it."
    {Bernhard Goetz}

Can you CCW at Gunshow?
    Are you asking about me or others in general?
    I do. They are not specific even with a posted sign stating 'no loaded weapons'.
    I don't carry a weapon although I might be armed. A weapon is an offensive tool. My state is concealed carry only for the time being, and if I announce to anyone I am carrying, then I'd be violating state laws. When it comes right down to it, does the show host actually have the right to post a no carry sign? Or is it up to the property owner? Gun shows rent auditoriums, hotel banquet rooms, etc...... I say it lies with the property owner for no carry postings. I'll continue doing what I chose in this respect, and that means unless it's specifically outlawed by my state I'll continue to carry into the gun shows I attend in my state no matter what sort of TEMPORARY (illegal?) sign is posted.

Senior Member Array MilitaryPower's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AKsrule View Post
    I've seen people get so Flustered at being asked to unload
    their gun that they COMPLETELY FORGOT about their
    backup weapon..............
    OH CRAP!!! I just remembered!
    Gun control can be blamed in part for allowing 9/11 to happen.
    "Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum" (Latin)- "If you want peace, prepare for war".

Quote Originally Posted by rhinokrk View Post
    Even if posted here in UT, it's legal to carry at a gunshow. I don't go to many anymore as prices aren't great, and over half the tables are selling beef jerky, vitamins, or "authentic" Indian jewelry.

Sounds like some of the gun shows I've attended recently.
    God bless our troops!

The Tulsa Gun show has 3,800 tables. He has been told 1 more AD and the city will not allow him to have another show there. I have set up there for years and witnessed 3 different AD. 1 Sherriff Deputy and 2 dealers. ALL should know better but with THAT many people coming through, they cannot take any chances. If you are a dealer setup and they find a gun not tied, or you armed. You are removed from the show right then and there.

Oh the Deputy shot a guy in the leg....
    1942 M3 Autocar Half-track...M3A1 Diamond T Half-track...57mm Anti-Tank Cannon

NRA Endowment Member...President West TN Military Vehicle Collectors...MVPA Member

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links