Defensive Carry banner

Frustration...

3K views 34 replies 20 participants last post by  bzdog 
#1 ·
I am getting frustrated with the state of Washington. It's the 29th day of the maximum 30 day process. The permit was not in the mail today. They certainly like to take their precious sweet time don't they?

#6 ·
I believe they are allowed to wait until day 30, or the next business day if day 30 is a weekend, to drop it in the mail. I could be mistaken.

Mine arrived in just over 3 weeks, but was dated valid at the 30 day mark so I had it for several days but felt uncomfortable with the thought of using it since it was post dated.

#9 ·
If you complain too much, it may just get 'lost' behind some gov worker's desk.:blink:

It will be here in no time...hang in there!

Stay armed...stay safe1

#11 ·
It seems that applications for CHL's are up all over the country and in some states swamping the systems they have in place,patience is a virtue

#15 ·
If the systems for processing CCW permits are getting overloaded due to the mass increase of CCW applications in my state then I will wait as long as necessary, without so much as a complaint. That would be a very good thing, and i can wait if it means that my wait is not in vain......:smile:

#14 ·
Maybe I shouldn't mention that a Montana CWP takes about a week to get, renewal is 2 days (at least in my county).

Nah, I'll mention it anyway.:biglaugh:

#17 ·
If you complain too much, it may just get 'lost' behind some gov worker's desk.
Yeah---you gotta think about the karma effect also.

#19 ·
Missouri is kind of different.

When your background check is completed, you return to your sheriff's office to get your "certificate of approval", then you take that certificate and go to any drivers license office pay your fee and they take your picture and print your ccw right there on the spot.

The ccw "endorsement" either goes on your drivers license or a state issued ID card, your choice. No waiting for your CCW to come in the mail!

The time frame for the sheriff to get the background check done is 45 days, then he must issue your certificate of approval.

Even if the FBI & State background check are not complete, he must, by statute, issue the approval within 45 days.

If your FBI or Highway Patrol check later comes back with a red flag after the sheriff has already issued an approval, it's up to sheriff to then go to you and revoke your permit until any appeals are finalized.

So, while you have to wait that agonizing 45 days for the approval, it's kind of cool to go get your ccw permit printed up right on the spot at your local drivers license bureau.

The "approval certificate" you get from the sheriff is only valid for 7 days, but I don't know anyone who hasn't gone straight from the sheriff's office right to the license bureau after getting their approval! I mean, really... who would wait several days after getting their approval in their hands?

#22 ·
Heck, I got my Utah permit in 30 days, my Florida permit in 60, and my Nevada permit in 90 days. I mailed off the Utah and Florida applications the same day I submitted the Nevada paperwork in person. And I LIVE in Nevada! To top it off, my Nevada permit was dated within a day or of my application! It sucked that I could carry in over 30 states but not my home state. But patience, it will come.

#23 ·
UPDATE! I received my permit in the mail today. I got it on the way out the door, and did not carry today due to the fact that I was going to work. I still have to find out how I am going to carry at work. There are a few different ways i think I could get away with it. Cargo pants are standard issue where I work, so I have two huge pockets on either side. I may try something with that. My frame is simply too small for a tuckable holster (5-10 150lbs). I'll figure it out. STAY TUNED FOR THE WALMART WALK..WITH PICTURES! I promised..now I will deliver.

#24 ·

#28 ·
Empathize with your pain! In Mississippi, they seem to push the mail out date to the last legal date possible, so that you get it via snail mail a week AFTER the "legal" limit is expired. And, it's all legal! In my case, the post office then delivered it to my neighbor (unsure which one), who opened it-with my name on the outside of the envelope- and then put it back in the mailbox marked "wrong address," after which I got it. TWO weeks late. Thanks, Uncle Sam, wonder if you'd mind my doing that next time my taxes are due???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.