Has anyone ever been spotted carrying? - Page 2

Has anyone ever been spotted carrying?

This is a discussion on Has anyone ever been spotted carrying? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was eating dinner with my former employer in a chilli's around canton, OH waitress spotted his glock while he was sitting in the booth, ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

not directly

I was eating dinner with my former employer in a chilli's around canton, OH waitress spotted his glock while he was sitting in the booth, next thing we knew the manager was asking us to leave. My former boss much to my dismay got up from the booth and proceeded to leave the restaurant food on the table bill unclaimed. just one of the many reasons he quickly became a former employer

Quote Originally Posted by gilliland87 View Post
    I was eating dinner with my former employer in a chilli's around canton, OH waitress spotted his glock while he was sitting in the booth, next thing we knew the manager was asking us to leave. My former boss much to my dismay got up from the booth and proceeded to leave the restaurant food on the table bill unclaimed. just one of the many reasons he quickly became a former employer
    What do you feel he should have done?

I'd have done the same thing. Ask me to leave if I'm just a peaceful non-lawbreaking carrier and you're technically throwing me out. If you really just want me to not have a weapon you can just ask and I'll take it to the car.
    Common courtesy works both ways.

I'm not sure why you think he did something wrong.

The post was a little misleading

They did ask him to put the weapon in his car or leave. It was not just the check that he left, it was the overall way he left the place. he made a bigger scene out of the whole thing than had to made. if he had just got up and left I would have been fine as it was we were lucky the cops didn't get called. I know how bad it sucks to have dinner ruined at the end of a long day. but to raise as much crap as he did was uncalled for. I left all that out of the first post but that was what left a bad taste in my mouth.

They did ask him to put the weapon in his car or leave. It was not just the check that he left, it was the overall way he left the place. he made a bigger scene out of the whole thing than had to made. if he had just got up and left I would have been fine as it was we were lucky the cops didn't get called. I know how bad it sucks to have dinner ruined at the end of a long day. but to raise as much crap as he did was uncalled for. I left all that out of the first post but that was what left a bad taste in my mouth.
    In that case - you did the right thing. Manager's property, manager's rules. He should have silently gotten up and left.
    Some people are just looking for a reason to blowup though. Maybe he shouldn't have a CCW with that temper.

Ever spotted concealed carrying?

Nope, I don't believe so.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

VIP Member
    Well... not yet!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

No not yet. But I have noticed must people are so warped up in there daily lives, that they do not see it. I use to worry about it, but not any more.
    John Steinbeck: Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

according to this: Menu Categories at Chili's Grill & Bar

Chilli's would be off limits to CC except to LEOs as they serve alcohol

see: ORC 2923.12 et seq.

good on you for getting shut of that guy.

Coming up on my one year mark with a CCW and have never been confronted to date. I have carried in locations like malls and stores where I felt like I was being watched, but never stopped or asked to leave anywhere. (He says, knocking on wood...)

Senior Member Array AirForceShooter's Avatar
    it's probable if a store owner or security guard type saw you were carrying the reaction would be your a LEO.
    Gun control is hitting what you aim at

I try to be pretty conscience about not printing, etc. However a few weeks back we were in Erie, and I was wearing a pair of pants that were really loose, and of course had forgotten my belt at home. The weight of the gun really dragged them down, and I felt I was printing pretty bad. Apparently it wasn't that bad as no one noticed, didn't even get a sideways glance. I was shocked my in laws didn't even notice.

You guys might have noticed though!
    "Let me control the textbooks, and I will control the state." - Adolf Hitler

Never that I know of. I thought I would get outed the other night standing in my driveway talking to my neighbors...it was windy, the wind was changing directions constantly, and their kids were circling me on their bikes. I excused myself to get my sunglasses and performed a quick holster removal while reaching into my car.
    Speak softly, and carry a big stick.

I have carried for 33 years. In that time I'm sure someone has seen me carry.

Confronted? No......
    1942 M3 Autocar Half-track...M3A1 Diamond T Half-track...57mm Anti-Tank Cannon

NRA Endowment Member...President West TN Military Vehicle Collectors...MVPA Member

I've spotted a few others carrying and I never said anything about it to them.

So, I may have been spotted, but I've never been confronted.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links