Has anyone ever been spotted carrying?

This is a discussion on Has anyone ever been spotted carrying? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Not as of yet....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone ever been spotted carrying?

Not as of yet.
    Life is too short, stop to smell the roses and don't let anyone take it away from you!

2. Remove Ads

Nope.

14 years and counting.

have i benn spotted carrying concealed? yes as i use an owb holster, like in fl a few days ago and it was no secret

as for 99% of the time in ga im spotted everyday since im OCing

I don't think I've ever been caught with a showing. Mine is concealed enough that when my wife feels uneasy about some place or thing, she 'accidentally' bumps into me to be sure I've got a firearm on me.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

MJK
    I have never been spotted though I carry everywhere but at work.(Unfortunately my employer has a strict policy against concealed firearms.)

Not so far, though I been carrying for 6 weeks or so now, I have been around several law enforcement personnel, gun shop owners and armed security and no one ever asked to see my permit or asked if I was carrying... and I now carry 2 guns (Sig 220 OR 239 crossdrawed WITH Smith and Wesson 640 on strong side).

I have spotted one guy who was concealed carrying when I was in VA, it was to obvious with the belt clip (big give away) and the bulge... it was a sub compact I would guess, the other people who I have past were OCing.
    http://www.bloombergfightbackfund.com/
    Sig P220R/Sig P239 (9mm)/ S&W 640/ Ruger Single Six Hunter (.22LR/Mag)/ CZ 452 Varmint .22LR/ Lee Enfield No4 MK2 sporterized dated 1959/ Mosin Nagant M90-30 dated 1942/

Nope! Not that I know of! I have twice had a personal get together with a LEO, (and others.) who all know I carry. The LEO is an ultra libbie that I have a lot of disagreements with, but we like and respect each other. The first time I met her I cc'ed a tiny Kahr PM 9 just for the heck of it at a restaurant. NO Comment from her. The second time, about a month ago I went with a service XD 9. I also showed her a target result of which I was especially proud. Still no comment.

Did she make me and decide to say nothing because we are friends? I dunno!

I'm still waiting for my permit...BUT yes, I have spotted a few in public.

One dummy was carrying at 6 o'clock riding a motorcycle in a t-shirt that was flapping around like crazy--seems CC was not important for him. Usually an un-symmetrical hip/shirt fold/bulge give it away...BUT I feel the average person wouldn't even know.

Never confronted, as far as I know never caught.
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.
    --Thomas Jefferson

“We are not retreating—we are advancing in another direction.”
    General Douglas MacArthur

Never "made" that I know of (10 + years later). Although I have seen a few guys who were showing/printing, but then again, if I had not been aware and maybe looking to see if someone else was printing or showing the average person would most likely not even realized.
    "Eternity is Too Long to be Wrong"

Texas CHL Instructor & Holder & Utah CFP Instructor
    NRA Instructor & Life Member
    Member TSRA, USCCA, TCHA
    Christian, Heterosexual, Pro-2A, Pro-Life, Conservative, Common Sense American

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    Not to my knowledge while CCing. I've had friends see it when reaching to grab something off a shelf or something, but nobody else? I've OC'd plenty of times (the stories I can tell ,...lol.).

Interesting responses... thanks for those who stayed on topic.

Basically from what I have gathered is that No One has been asked to leave an establishment for carrying when the establishment was posted "no guns". I'm also assuming that it's because we keep our guns concealed and no one knows!

Which comes down to... Concealed means Concealed!

I feel just fine in doing business as usual. I carry everywhere I go and only heed to places where carrying would be a criminal act.

If I walk into a store that has a "no gun" sign, I just assume the sign is posted there for a criminal who would otherwise, without the sign, pull a gun out and rob the place. The sign certainly isn't for the good guys who keeps their gun tucked out of sight.

If someone catches me violating a stupid no gun "policy" and wants to throw me out of their business (I mean politely ask me to leave and not spend my money), fine. No crime, and only a minor "party foul".

However, I do not carry into places where I would get a criminal record for violating an actual state or federal law. ie, post office, schools, federal buildings, etc.

Thanks for all the responses so far!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by MR D View Post
    according to this: Menu Categories at Chili's Grill & Bar

Chilli's would be off limits to CC except to LEOs as they serve alcohol

see: ORC 2923.12 et seq.

good on you for getting shut of that guy.

Not sure how it is in Ohio ( gun laws), but i think in Fl if the business main purpose is not that of serving alcohol he would be perfectly ok to enjoy his meal there and ccw once he stayed away from Bar area. He could of even ordered a beer

Maybe someone could agree or disagree with me
    It's Barbados Ah come from
    Celebration Lodge #36
    Celebration, Fl.

Quote Originally Posted by soldz View Post
    Not sure how it is in Ohio ( gun laws), but i think in Fl if the business main purpose is not that of serving alcohol he would be perfectly ok to enjoy his meal there and ccw once he stayed away from Bar area. He could of even ordered a beer

Maybe someone could agree or disagree with me
    In TX the business has to make 51% of its income from the sale of alcohol to be consumed on site. They also have to post a big sign with a big "51" on it. So, I guess I agree

When I first started carrying I was overly cautious about what I wore. I made sure all my shirts were "big" and loose. Over time I realized that no one ever notices stuff like that. I'm convinced because of experiments I conducted using various types of clothing and going as far as asking certain people if they could tell I was carrying. When I carry IWB these days, I pretty much wear any type of shirt- even t-shirts. I can see a bit of a bulge on the side, but no one ever notices.

The only people I've ever encountered that "noticed" are people who know I carry. When they see me, sometimes I notice them looking at my sides to see if I'm carrying. Even they can't tell for sure most of the time. I figure if they rarely notice, the ordinary person who doesn't know me will have no clue. And I carry "big" handguns- Colt Commander, XD45 Service, S&W M65 (4in)

Even if you are showing a bulge under your shirt, people have no clue what it is anyway- it could be anything.
    David
    from LA

I have 5 guns.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links