My Bosses Carry!

This is a discussion on My Bosses Carry! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I knew my bosses were very pro-2A, having chatted with one about it recently. On Thursday, he was thoughtful enough to print off a news ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Bosses Carry!

My Bosses Carry!

I knew my bosses were very pro-2A, having chatted with one about it recently. On Thursday, he was thoughtful enough to print off a news story giving me the results of Heller, as we'd talked about it earlier. He and my two other bosses are all avid clay shooters and bird hunters.

However, I couldn't spot them carrying and couldn't tell from my conversations if they did. I never volunteered that I carried, though I tended to think they'd be fine with it -- but you never know till they find out. I put out extremely tentative and non-revealing feelers to try to prod them into revealing whether they carried, but didn't get any response either way, understandably.

Anyway, today was an unusual day, as we had to do some repossession work. Afterwards, my coworker half-jokingly commented to one of my bosses that he was waiting for somebody to come out with a shotgun while we were repo'ing our property. My boss said, "Me too" and sort of off-handedly mentioned that that's why he carried his Glock. My coworker seemed a little surprised, so boss said, "I have a concealed carry license." My coworker seemed more interested and impressed than anything, so I volunteered that I had a license too. Boss seemed pleased; coworker more surprised and interested. We talked handguns for a bit. He carries a Glock 23; loves Glocks and Sigs.

I got the impression that my two other bosses carry as well by his conversation. Afterwards my coworker was shocked that I carried. We work beside each other seven hours a day doing various odd jobs, painting, and manual labor. I carry a Beretta 92fs in an MTAC @ about 3 o'clock; I wear shorts and a t-shirt every day. On windy days sometimes I have to be mindful. I was pleased that he had no idea I carried whatsoever, and very pleased by his reaction. He said, "I actually feel a lot safer with you guys carrying." He's only 19 at the moment, so he won't be carrying anytime soon, but I'll take him shooting soon. He was very inquisitive and asked intelligent questions -- where you can and can't carry, justifiable self-defense, concealed methods, the CCW process, etc.

Good news all around.
    "War necessarily brings with it some virtues, and great and heroic virtues too. What horrid creatures we men are, that we cannot be virtuous without murdering one another?" -John Adams

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    That is good to know you work with like-minded individuals.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

VIP Member
    good for you and your work situation and good job conducting yourself

my boss carries too, as well as her boss and his boss, but then all the other officers do too

at my last job (before LE) my bosses were very pro gun and were glad that I had my CHL, they all felt safer when I was in the office
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

That sounds like a great place to work!

I think you found a winner there!

Stay armed...at work, if you can...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Member Array Ragin Cajun's Avatar
    The boss at my office carries too... That would be me...

I'm jealous!

Everyone at my job know I carry. My boss is a little uneasy about it but thats only because he has a felony. It hasnt been asked if I carry at work but he has asked if I carry all the time. I told that Yes I do carry.....anytime I can do so LEGALLY. 99% of the time I ride my Harley to work and I dont have any type of saddle bags on it at all and I change at work everyday. Not to mention that it is obvious that I am not carrying while at work. I have just been very good at hiding it at work so it is not found.
    It is suspected but not known for fact......I can live with that.

My last boss suspected it too but never asked. He found out when I had to draw it while at work one day. He said he did NOT have a problem with it and was actually thankful i had it.
    David

Ride hard and Shoot safe

The first rule of gunfighting should be to know when the gunfight starts - being the last one to get the news certainly won't put the odds in your favor.

Senior Member Array Natureboypkr's Avatar
    Sounds like the employer to work for. I'm sure working for your boss is less tense.
    Mixed Martial Arts Record= 2-0.......Kyokushin Karate Record=5-0

USMC.....helping enemies of America die for their countries since 1775

Quote Originally Posted by target1911 View Post

My last boss suspected it too but never asked. He found out when I had to draw it while at work one day. He said he did NOT have a problem with it and was actually thankful i had it.
    What's the story behind this?

Back before i got into guns i had a boss who carried. It was rather reassuring.

My bosses don't carry, and they are ex-Marines...pathetic liberal ex-Marines, but still Marines.
    EVIL PREVAILS WHEN GOOD MEN FAIL TO ACT.

Quote Originally Posted by SubNine View Post
    That is good to know you work with like-minded individuals.
    It's good to know you work with sane and rational folks. Like-minded is nice, but I'd settle for rational. Many folks can't even see straight, when thinking of firearms, despite the fact that most folks who carry are utterly responsible, honorable folks just looking to survive in a dangerous world.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Not only can my colleague and I not carry concealed at work, but I think we would both be in serious trouble if we ever left our weapons locked up in our vehicles in the parking lot. Fortune 500 companies have rules for everything, the liberals have really made it impossible for law-abiding folks like us to properly protect ourselves. Just another reason why gangs are so strong in Raleigh/Durham; no one is allowed to protect themselves while at work. UGH!!!

cool work place & glad the kid is interested.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.
    ― Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by target1911 View Post
    He found out when I had to draw it while at work one day.
    Negotiating for a raise, eh?

If there's a story there we'd love to hear it.
    Speak softly, and carry a big stick.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links