Video Interview: Man defends child and pregnant wife against intruder

This is a discussion on Video Interview: Man defends child and pregnant wife against intruder within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Breitbart.tv Husband Recounts Protecting Pregnant Wife by Shooting Impudent Home Invader Good interview, glad the man was calm and collected and got the bad ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Video Interview: Man defends child and pregnant wife against intruder

Video Interview: Man defends child and pregnant wife against intruder

Breitbart.tv Husband Recounts Protecting Pregnant Wife by Shooting Impudent Home Invader

Good interview, glad the man was calm and collected and got the bad guy. Not sure if the BG is dead.
    Constitution of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Article 1, Section 21:
    "The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned."

2. Remove Ads

An interview with someone who had to shoot a BG in self-defense that didn't make the good guy out to be a gun nut?

Wow.

No word if BG is dead.

One can hope.

Good job, Brian.

-JT

Good Grief. Thank goodness the intruder wasn't also armed because the victim had his weapon on safe.
    2nd Amendment: because personal violence never makes an appointment.
    Evil resides in the heart of the individual, not in inanimate objects.
    Proud Member of GeorgiaCarry.Org

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    Apparently the intruder did not take this guy seriously. He pulled the trigger and nothing happened. Talk about stupid criminals. At this point the intruder should have realized that this guy was serious and should have either fled or rushed the guy.

Another reason I own a Glock. Under stress, I just don't want to have to remember all that safety stuff. Yes, yes, I know you practice and muscle memory takes over, but this guy is lucky he got a second chance.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

I can see several things that say this guy is lucky he's talking and not dead.#1 He has a gun that he is not familiar enough with as to try to fire without taking the safety off,they have had people die because they pulled a gun and because they tried to shoot the gun on safe the BG killed them.You need to practice with your weapon enough to where employing it becomes second nature.#2 The guy just walked in his house,why didn't he lock the door behind him when he came in the house if he's been watching this guy acting weird and the guys bicycle is on his porch.I keep my doors locked if somebody has to kick my door open it's gonna make enough noise and slow them down just enough for me to draw and fire if I need to.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Of course, I am glad that a good guy did eventually use his weapon to his benefit when the duty called. Way to go fella. However, I'd hope he'd seek out tactical training with his weapon after initially experiencing a lack of mental preparedness in the moment of need.
    2nd Amendment: because personal violence never makes an appointment.
    Evil resides in the heart of the individual, not in inanimate objects.
    Proud Member of GeorgiaCarry.Org

Senior Member Array Natureboypkr's Avatar
    Just more proof for the "Anti's"
    Mixed Martial Arts Record= 2-0.......Kyokushin Karate Record=5-0

USMC.....helping enemies of America die for their countries since 1775

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar
    Well a couple of big mistakes made by the home owner but no one can say he didn't give the BG every opportunity to leave. Another one bites the dust.......
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

Quote Originally Posted by exactlymypoint View Post
    ...Another reason I own a Glock. Under stress, I just don't want to have to remember all that safety stuff. Yes, yes, I know you practice and muscle memory takes over, but this guy is lucky he got a second chance.
    That is an item of ones own individual training, not the firearms manual of arms.
    Also this guy states a BG who he had observed prior with his pregnant wife and child in his home "just walked into" his house.
    He knew there was a person outside looking around in his neighbors home and also moving around in his backyard yet he did not think to lock his front door (!).

His mistake, again, for 1) not having his doors locked and 2) not thinking to go and lock his doors upon having suspicion of a person outside his walls was not acting right.

Dude had training issues across the board.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

A very justified shoot. He tried very hard to avoid having to shoot the BG.

Obviously, he needs more training, he needs to remember to lock the doors, and he should give serious thought to training for his wife. A dog or two would have probably kept the bad guy out.

However, he and his family are safe, and the bad guy isn't. Job well done.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

I sure hope the DA and grand jury had already dismissed any case against him.

I just want to point out, no matter how innocent you think you are you should never give an interview after a shooting until you are for sure clear of any charges.

A DA is an elected official. It just takes a little pressure from the right people to push them enough to press charges against you.

Everything you say CAN and WILL be used against you!

We have already talked about the things he did wrong that could be used against him.

His lawyer should have been the only person he told this story to.
    Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway.

John Wayne

Fortunately the good people are victorious in spite of numerous mistakes.
    Considering yourself to be defenseless is the first administrative step to becoming a victim.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick7340 View Post
    I sure hope the DA and grand jury had already dismissed any case against him.

I just want to point out, no matter how innocent you think you are you should never give an interview after a shooting until you are for sure clear of any charges.

A DA is an elected official. It just takes a little pressure from the right people to push them enough to press charges against you.

We have already talked about the things he did wrong that could be used against him.

I guarantee you in Texas you walk into somebodys house uninvited you just put your life in jeopardy and under castle doctrine they will pick the body up and pat you on the back on the way out
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

May God help us.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick7340 View Post

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

When will they learn????
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links