Think I've paid 4 my CCW thru reduced alcohol

This is a discussion on Think I've paid 4 my CCW thru reduced alcohol within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've seen my spending on alchohol has been significantly reduced since I've received my CCW. A 12pack of Miller Lite now goes stale in the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar

I've seen my spending on alchohol has been significantly reduced since I've received my CCW. A 12pack of Miller Lite now goes stale in the fridge before I can drink it. I certianly don't believe that consuming 1 beer over the course of an hour would impede my judgement or ability to defend myself but wouldn't want to test a jury if I had to.

The bad news:

my expenditures on accesories, amunition, range time, and CCW appropriate clothing has far passed what I would have spent on beer! But I wouldn't change a thing. Hoping my waistline will shrink a little and more of my clothing will become IWB carry appropriate.

HEY! Maybe I can be the new Jared with commercials on "Lose weight thru CCW!!"

I quit drinking about 17 years ago,it was a personal choice I made,I really like being in full control of all my facultys and if I go out with friends have no problem being designated driver.Even tho in Texas you can carry while drinking you cannot be armed while inebriated and I hope nobody after having a couple drinks and getting in a self defense shoot gets charged by some DA saying his ability to make a good judgement to shoot or not shoot was impaired by alcohol.Firearms and alcohol do not mix and let's be responsible when we carry the Anti's will use anything to say see I told you so
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I have the same expireance, It upsets my wife that I rather carry and not have a beer or drink when we go out and I,m debating if I.m going to have some beers tomorrow for the fireworks!
    EDC's Colt Defender 45 acp and S&W 442 .38
    Springfield XD 45 acp
    Ruger SR9
    Ruger Super RedHawk .44 mag
    mossberg 590 12 gauge tactical
    bushmaster AR15-M4

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerinWstuff View Post
    HEY! Maybe I can be the new Jared with commercials on "Lose weight thru CCW!!"
    I dare you.....

I also don't drink as much. I can be found having *a* beer when carrying every once in a while. I know that I shouldn't, but I really like beer...lol. If I want to drink more I'll lock it up in the car or safe.
    EVIL PREVAILS WHEN GOOD MEN FAIL TO ACT.

Same here. Carry more, drink less! Less money spent on beer, LOTS more spent on new cool ccw stuff!
    Randy
    "The only purpose for a pistol is to fight your way back to the rifle you should have never laid down". -unknown

Dang! I can't save money that way, 'cause I don't drink, and never have.

There is another down-side to that. As someone else said, "When I get up in the morning, that's about as good as I'm going to feel all day long."
    "None who have always been free can understand
    the terrible fascinating power of the hope of freedom
    to those who are not free."

Quote Originally Posted by UtahRSO View Post
    "When I get up in the morning, that's about as good as I'm going to feel all day long."
    When I get up in the morning, It's the worst I am going to feel all day long. This generally occurs with statements such as "can't I just die?" and "why did I wake up again?" It just gets better after the first coffee....

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    LOL congrats . When i drink a bottle costs half of a good handgun , and i drink too much. However IMHO if you can spend $5.00 that you would not otherwise spend on beer ect .. well then it is money well invested . Hell i just walked into a shop and saw an 1100 that i had no intrest in , but it was set up for 3 gun ( not bad for home defense ) and had an extra barrel for hunting ( the likely long term use of said shotgun ) so i dropped roughly $400 on it to take it home . Now that is $400 i wont spend on single malt scotch lol . Do what you will , but if you make a choice well buy gun crap over booze crap .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    Good to hear. I don't really drink either due to I'm always carrying,and that is more important to me. Wifey hates that I never wear "tight sexy" shirts anymore b/c they'd give away my little friend

Quote Originally Posted by Ghettokracker71 View Post
    Wifey hates that I never wear "tight sexy" shirts anymore b/c they'd give away my little friend
    I made the discovery that my wife actually *prefers* loose button-ups over t-shirts. I don't look too bad in 'em either, so I guess that's good.

Quote Originally Posted by luvmyglock View Post
    I made the discovery that my wife actually *prefers* loose button-ups over t-shirts. I don't look too bad in 'em either, so I guess that's good.
    Mine can't STAND them. She always complains about how "stupid" I look,and blah blah can't I just leave it at home for once

(Yet she always talks about how bad she wants a Taurus millinium? And whenever she feels uneasy,shes like I hope you got your buddy with you :))

Quote Originally Posted by Ghettokracker71 View Post
    Mine can't STAND them. She always complains about how "stupid" I look,and blah blah can't I just leave it at home for once

(Yet she always talks about how bad she wants a Taurus millinium? And whenever she feels uneasy,shes like I hope you got your buddy with you :))
    Yeah my wife has CCW'd before, and is getting a new CCW gun next month. She is always checking to make sure I have my gun with me. I am a very small gun (5-10 150lbs), so it's hard for me to conceal effectively with t-shirts. They have to be HUGE, and I am NOT looking for that "gangsta gangsta" look.

Drinking has taken a backseat to strapping on my sidearm. I can't believe that I'm now making such choices in which alcohol takes a backseat to something else. A gun is a really sobering device.
    =
    =
    NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by luvmyglock View Post
    Yeah my wife has CCW'd before, and is getting a new CCW gun next month. She is always checking to make sure I have my gun with me. I am a very small gun (5-10 150lbs), so it's hard for me to conceal effectively with t-shirts. They have to be HUGE, and I am NOT looking for that "gangsta gangsta" look.
    Bear in mind, TW (the wife) is under 21 for me, so she can't CCW.

(I'm 21!)

You're the same height, I'm a little heavier than you. So its not easy for me to conceal either. I discovered polo shirts work alot better than T-shirts (give me a mile away), but mostly dickies bottom-ups, cheap, comfortable,and do the job. (And people just think I do construction,with all my tattoos, haha)

There is other good news too, when your Colt, S&W, BHP, Walther, Ruger etc, etc go empty you don't toss then in the beer can stack, you simply reload them... thereby saving the planet.
    "Eternity is Too Long to be Wrong"

Texas CHL Instructor & Holder & Utah CFP Instructor
    NRA Instructor & Life Member
    Member TSRA, USCCA, TCHA
    Christian, Heterosexual, Pro-2A, Pro-Life, Conservative, Common Sense American

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links