Defensive Carry banner

Poll needs help. And a home invasion.

5K views 44 replies 43 participants last post by  bcvojak 
#1 ·
Local news needs a little help on the poll.

Do you feel safe with more guns allowed in public?

WINK News - Southwest Florida

Here is the home invasion.

Mother and daughter held at gunpoint in gated community | WINK News - Southwest Florida | Local & Florida

SOUTH FORT MYERS, Fla.- A Fort Myers mother and daughter were still so shaken after Thursday morning's home invasion/robbery, they asked we not identify them.

"It's terror, terror. Panic and terror," explained the mother.

The two live in the Beachwalk neighborhood in South Fort Myers.

Their guard was completely down in the gated community. Like so many times before, the women were just letting the dogs out in the front yard for a few minutes.

It was around 2am and there was plenty of light from a nearby street light, but nothing could have prepared them for the group of teens running up to them at gun point.

"They started asking us what we had, give 'em what we had," said the mother, "We didn't have anything on us, so they pushed their way into the house and proceeded to look for small electronic devices, cell phones, money."

Even with a gun to their heads, the mother and daughter made sure to take a good look at the robbers.

"You're trying to remember as much as you can remember about what they're wearing, what they look like, their ages, what they can tell the police when they get there," the mother explained.

The description was so precise, deputies were able to track down the suspects three hours later on Pine Ridge Road, about a mile away.

The suspects were only 14 and 17 years old. We are not naming them because of their ages, but they're facing a very serious charge of home invasion-robbery which is a felony.

The other juveniles with them were not arrested because they did not take part in the home invasion/robbery.

According to jail records, both teen-aged suspects were released to the custody of juvenile detention.

WINK News has also learned both have previous arrests in Lee County.

The victims want their story heard so others can learn to keep a cool head and try to remember as many details about your attacker as you can.

See less See more
#33 ·
The victims want their story heard so others can learn to keep a cool head and try to remember as many details about your attacker as you can.
??, I'll try to keep that in mind. Or maybe their story should be heard so that people will be more on their guard and have means to protect themselves if this situation were to arise. I keep a camera in my VM2 at all times in case i need to photograph someone who desires to kill me. :ponder:

looking good on the poll

#41 ·
Do you feel safe with more guns allowed in public?
Yes, I feel much safer.
63%
No, I feel more of a threat.
31%
It doesn't matter to me.
6%
The opinions expressed in this poll do not necessarily represent the collective views of our community, this station or its management.

#42 ·
Yes, I feel much safer. 63%
No, I feel more of a threat. 31%
It doesn't matter to me. 6%

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.