Students for Conceal Carry on Campus National Conference

This is a discussion on Students for Conceal Carry on Campus National Conference within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Figured I'd go ahead and share an email I got. I'm pretty excited that this is happening, and only wish my summer class schedule would ...

Thread: Students for Conceal Carry on Campus National Conference

Figured I'd go ahead and share an email I got. I'm pretty excited that this is happening, and only wish my summer class schedule would allow me to go.

Invitation to Important Event
    As a Second Amendment Foundation supporter, I would like to tell you about a great opportunity.

Students for Conceal Carry on Campus (SCCC) will be having their first National Conference on Friday, August 1st at the National Press Club in Washington D.C. funded by the Second Amendment Foundation (SAF).

This conference is a great opportunity for those who care about their 2nd Amendment Right to come together and learn from each other.

Students for Concealed Carry on campus is a non-partisan, grassroots organization comprised of over 30,000 college students, faculty members, parents, and concerned citizens who support the right of concealed handgun license holders to carry concealed handguns on college campuses. Key conference speakers include: In addition to myself, John Lott, author of More Guns, Less Crime, Alan Gura (argued recent Supreme Court case involving the DC gun ban and many more. For more information visit:Students for Concealed Carry on Campus | Facebook,

For students that want to attend the conference but are a little strapped for cash, SCCC and SAF can help. Any student traveling over 750 miles to D.C. is eligible for a travel scholarship up to $250. You will receive reimbursement if you bring your student I.D. and travel receipts to the conference. SCCC and SAF will also provide one night free in a hotel if you so desire. SCCC and SAF cannot guarantee that you will get your own room. Funds are limited and you may have to room with another member of SCCC if you come alone.

Once your transportation and lodging needs are settled, forward your information to reservations@concealedcampus.org to reserve your spot at the conference.

As a Second Amendment Foundation supporter, we hope you will consider this great opportunity for talking, learning, and networking with young activists across the country. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me.

Sincerely yours,

Alan M. Gottlieb
    Founder, Second Amendment Foundation
    ~Mike F.
    http://www.ConcealedCampus.com
    http://www.a-human-right.com/
    "Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."

VIP Member
    ^^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^^^
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

too bad it is the day before my parent's 50th anniversary...

and DC? That is like having an NRA function in Chicago, San Francisco, NYC or well....DC

(I'm a card carrying FT grad student)

Senior Member Array threefeathers's Avatar
    That's great.

Great! I'm stationed near Baltimore for training, that's just a hour and a half drive! I will definitely be there.
    - Kurt
    “Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it.” ~Pericles of Athens
    Primary Carry - Colt Commander .45 in a Brommeland Max-Con V

Senior Member Array Natureboypkr's Avatar
    I wish I can go but I have my internship
    Mixed Martial Arts Record= 2-0.......Kyokushin Karate Record=5-0

USMC.....helping enemies of America die for their countries since 1775

Bah, sounds like a wonderful opportunity but I have a summer job that terminates about a week after the conference. It's good to see the movement growing though, I'm definitely hoping to become more involved with them this year now that the branch at WSU is up and running properly.
    People do not lack strength; they lack will. — Victor Hugo

Senior Member Array MilitaryPower's Avatar
    I'll be there in spirit. I have work, school and I'm strapped for cash. Plus I don't like going where I can't carry. I both enjoyed and hated my trip to D.C. about a year ago. I got my AR the day before we left, LOL.
    Gun control can be blamed in part for allowing 9/11 to happen.
    "Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum" (Latin)- "If you want peace, prepare for war".

Quote Originally Posted by MR D View Post
    too bad it is the day before my parent's 50th anniversary...

and DC? That is like having an NRA function in Chicago, San Francisco, NYC or well....DC

(I'm a card carrying FT grad student)
    The reason why we're doing DC is because it will be held in the national press conference - with is only in DC. CSPAN and other news outlets will be covering it.
    ~Mike F.
    http://www.ConcealedCampus.com
    http://www.a-human-right.com/
    "Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."

If you're going to be on TV,make sure you guys have your holsters on.
    "The right of the whole people, old and young, men, women and boys, and not militia only, to keep and bear arms of every description, not such merely as are used by the militia, shall not be infringed, curtailed, or broken in upon, in the smallest degree..."
    Nunn v. State GA 1848

Sponsored Links