My Pastor Needs a new Sheepdog! - Page 2

My Pastor Needs a new Sheepdog!

This is a discussion on My Pastor Needs a new Sheepdog! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; We have too many lefty New Englanders who equate guns with violence....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    We have too many lefty New Englanders who equate guns with violence.
    When in doubt, just ask yourself, "What would Theodore Roosevelt do?"

Every society is 3 missed meals away from anarchy.

CZ: I do pray for he and his family, I pray for me and my family, I trust God also, I still carry a M&P 40. That is for those special occasions when prayer is just not quite enough.
    I did not intend to stir up all the varied opinions, I simply made a request. Message received and thank you all.

D

My hat's off to you Cajun! We will keep the prayers going as well.
    Life is too short, stop to smell the roses and don't let anyone take it away from you!

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cajun View Post
    CZ: I do pray for he and his family, I pray for me and my family, I trust God also, I still carry a M&P 40. That is for those special occasions when prayer is just not quite enough.
    I did not intend to stir up all the varied opinions, I simply made a request. Message received and thank you all.

D
    And God Bless you Cajun. To your comment in the above quote; I agree! God doesn't plant our crops for us or strike down those who'd do ill upon us. We ask that he give us the means and guidance to do for ourselves and to do his bidding.

God didn't stop the missguided youth in the shooting rampage here in Colorado this spring, it was an armed parishiner.

I'm glad your pastor helped you find your way to the Lord. I don't blame him a bit if he doesn't feel comfortable with carrying himself. As we all know, it's an enourmous responsibility that shouldn't be taken lightly.

Thank You guys. Sometimes we ALL tend to forget to appreciate a person that knows and respects their limitations. We tend to feel that if WE carry, then every legal citizen should, it just does not work that way in real life, maybe in a perfct world, but then again, if this world were PERFECT, none of us would be here because it would no longer be PERFECT!!!!.
    D

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar
    It can be, and probably should be, a very overwhelming feeling to know you are walking around with the power to kill someone. Either intentionally or unintentionally thru an accident. There is a lot of additional stress added to your day to know you are handling yourself safely along with preparing yourself to know you are legal in places you enter etc. Then there is the mental preperation to know there are situations you could escalate by producing your weapon and turn uglier than they "could have been." There is also the finality that once you've made your decision to draw or not, you can't take it back.

I to carry every time I can. I to would first hope that people would choose to defend themselves. I also hope that each of you has this same quiet voice in the back of your head challenging you every day when you put your weapon on. For those who have choosen that this responsibility is too overwhelming for themselves, I'm thankful there are some who don't feel the need to take my right away to defend myself. Likewise, we have to respect their choice.

Tinkerin: You are wise beyond your years, however many that may be. I also feel a tremendous responsibility and pressure knowing that my actions could cause the death of many humans. I sit at the rear of our Church as a first line defense. I will copy and paste the plagiarized explanation I used with my now Ex-Pastor:

"The sheepdog is both blessed and cursed with the capacity for violence, and a profound love for the flock. This is what makes the sheepdog different from the wolf. Inasmuch as the sheepdog loves and respects his God, he will kill and/or be killed to protect his flock. This is what sets the sheepdog apart from his flock. The flock has a propensity for a nave sense of peace, the sheepdog has an awareness and an ability to unleash great power. And with great power comes great responsibility. I am one of the sheepdogs that feel a great responsibility to protect the flock."

Would I die for someone else, even a stranger, absolutely. If and when you are truly SAVED, your life is no longer your own, not that it ever really was, you simply begin to understand how little control you really have.
    John 15:13
    Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.
    D

Danny, you've said it very well, and one can see your "sheepdog" heart. God will provide another, called to be a sheepdog for your pastor. Bessings to you and yours, and prayers for your pastor.
    Steve

PM
    There is a sig line on this forum that sttaes that "Paramedics with guns scare people" I think the only other group that is more scarey with a gun are pastors! Then again we pastors most likly need our guns as much as the paramedics!! By the way I fit both! Former EMT-D and a not in pulpit pastor!!

Personally, I feel that it would be more dangerous to put a gun in the hands of ANYONE that would "hesitate themselves and others to death" versus a Pastor or EMT or any other vocation. Any human can be trained to shoot a gun, not any human can be trained to shoot a gun at another human.
    Kinda falls under:
    The sheepdog is both blessed and cursed with the capacity for violence
    If you are not blessed and cursed as stated above, you have no business carrying a weapon. It may as well be a rock.
    D

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links