Pigeon Forge, TN Questions

This is a discussion on Pigeon Forge, TN Questions within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Need some help from TN members. I thought that I had asked before but can't find it on my CP and don't remember the answers. ...

Thread: Pigeon Forge, TN Questions

VIP Member

Question Pigeon Forge, TN Questions

Need some help from TN members.

I thought that I had asked before but can't find it on my CP and don't remember the answers.

Planing a trip to Pigeon Forge, TN this fall.

http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/USOffLimitsN-W.pdf
    shows:
    It is an offense for a person to possess a firearm within the confines of a building open to the public where liquor, wine or other alcoholic beverage, as defined in 573101(a)(1)(A),. or beer as defined in 576102(1) , are served for on premises consumption.
    How is this applied to Hotels? If the hotel serves anywhere in the building is the whole building then off-limits -- including foyer, check-in, rooms, etc?

How is the word building applied in this and any situation? Such as, you enter an amusement where there is a mix of buildings & open air?

Is on-premises licensing well marked? That is, how easy is it to inadvertently enter a place not suspecting on-premises sales and be in violation?

http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/USOffLimitsN-W.pdf
    shows:
    On the grounds of any public park, playground, civic center or other building facility, area or property owned, used or operated by any municipal, county or state government, or instrumentality thereof, for recreational purposes.
    What, if anything, in Pigeon Forge that looks private, yet falls under this off-limit rule?

Any other traps to look out for?
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

2. Remove Ads

I am not sure about what the law say about carrying in a hotel that serves alcohol. I read on another forum one time that you could carry as long as you did not go to the bar and as long as they did not serve alcohol on the room service menu, but the person had no proof that this was true. I know that alot of places in Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg post "No Weapons Allowed" signs. (Dollywood, Dixie Stampede, Ripley's Aquarium ect.........) although the last time I was at Ripley's they had lock boxes just for concealed weapon permit holders. Also remember to be aware when traveling through national parks.
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.
    --Thomas Jefferson

“We are not retreating—we are advancing in another direction.”
    General Douglas MacArthur

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jerm1109 View Post
    I know that alot of places in Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg post "No Weapons Allowed" signs. (Dollywood, Dixie Stampede, Ripley's Aquarium ect.........) although the last time I was at Ripley's they had lock boxes just for concealed weapon permit holders.
    Interesting! I didn't see anything in handgunlaw.us allowing private posting, except at meetings.

Any law site references?
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

No references, I have just notice that they have signs posted and I have often wondered about it myself.
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.
    --Thomas Jefferson

“We are not retreating—we are advancing in another direction.”
    General Douglas MacArthur

After you find out about the CCW laws there, be sure to hit Lee Greenwood's Theater (in Pigeon Forge)..."God Bless the USA"...his shows are great!

Enjoy the trip!

Stay armed...where legal...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

NM has the same liquor sales laws for on-site consumption and they specifically allow carrying in hotel rooms but not the restaurant or bar. I would think the hotel room is your own domicile.

I believe it only applies to the area in which the bar resides, i.e. restaurant w/ bar inside hotel is off limits. i believe anywhere else is fine.

Dude, just don't carry in a bar or Gubmit building and you will be fine.
    I have lived here 51 years and this area is very gun friendly. Observe signs as others have posted above.

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    You can't lawfully carry into a restaurant that serves alcohol or bar. Your hotel room is your domicile; it is not open to the public. I know from experience that it can be tricky to know whether or not an establishment serves alcohol from the outside; I would advise that you find out immediately upon entering and leave once you know you are in a no-go.

"Parks and public rec areas" are usually sort of posted anyways. There will be uniform signs (in general) in the areas that are publicly owned.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

Pigeon Forge, I beleive, is dry but Gatlinburg is not. The rule is that you cannot carry in a business that sells alcohol for on premiese consumption. Also, any place that has a sign posted. Enjoy your trip.

Lead Moderator
    I think doodles is correct. One of the 2 towns is in a "dry" county.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Pigeon Forge is in the dry county, that was the first time I ever ate at an Old Charlies restaurant and could not have a beer with my steak. That was a couple years back, and since I carry now I don't drink when I am out and about.

This thread got me to questioning my own understanding of the Pigeon Forge laws on alcohol since I go there several times a year, so I called the PF Dept. of Tourism to find out. The lady there told me
    there are many restaurants in Pigeon Forge where you can buy beer or wine. You can't buy mixed drinks. So my guess is any restaurants that you would normally know to serve alcohol in other areas probably serve beer or wine in PF, making it off limits for carry.
    Raising children is like being pecked to death by a chicken every day.

Links