NRA Action Alert! Florida- Hit this Poll!

This is a discussion on NRA Action Alert! Florida- Hit this Poll! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by biasedbulldog You're right to an extent, but I don't think they have any business telling its employees whether they can keep them ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NRA Action Alert! Florida- Hit this Poll!

Quote Originally Posted by biasedbulldog View Post
    You're right to an extent, but I don't think they have any business telling its employees whether they can keep them in their cars.
    If their vehicles are on company property they can.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisM View Post
    Also, what gives an employer the right to go through my vehichle on demand?? If I refuse, I will be terminated on the spot!! If there is no offsite parking what do you do? I don't think I should wave my constitutional rights to be able to go to work, do you??

Chris
    You have to balance your paycheck against violating company rules. Your constitutional rights end at private property.

Quote Originally Posted by Miggy View Post
    So when I park my car in your property, does it become your vehicle ?

And that is the quid of the issue. Parking lot is your property but my car is mine.
    It is your vehicle but it is on my property. If a prohibited item is on my property the fact that it is in your vehicle or on your person is of no consequence. Your vehicle isn't a protective bubble that shields it from company policies or property rights of the property owner. Once you cross lines onto another's property, you are bound by their rules regardless if they are a company, employer, or private individual.

If anyone thinks I'm an elitist that disallows firearms by my employees, my company policy requires all employees to be armed while at work.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    94% Yes
    6% No (almost 600 sheeple n the poll)
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Junkyard Dawwg View Post
    This is being beaten to death in another thread.

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...-work-law.html

jp
    Then simply don't read the thread.....

Voted...

94%

6%
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Member Array bluelineman's Avatar
    Choice Votes Percentage of 9315 Votes
    Yes 8728 94%
    No 587 6%

Just voted.

Yes...... 8766 94%
    No......... 588 6%

VIP Member
    Voted Yes. Current results:

The NRA is taking aim at Disney. A new law just went on the books in Florida that says people are allowed to bring their guns to work, but it's not the case at Central Florida's largest employer. Do you think Disney employees should be allowed to bring guns to work?
    Choice Votes Percentage of 9434 Votes
    Yes 8844 94%
    No 590 6%
    If the public are bound to yield obedience to laws to which they cannot give their approbation, they are slaves to those who make such laws and enforce them.--Samuel Adams as Candidus, Boston Gazette 20 Jan. 1772

Veteran--USA FA
    NRA Benefactor Life
    Tennessee Firearms Association Life

I'd bet that there are many companies that have a no firearm policy, including in vehicles in the parking lot.

Does that mean they can search your car? Not likely.

It is popssible that a company might have a rule regarding such a search, however. If they have some policy that says they can search, or you will be fired, then it's a term of employment. You have to allow the search, or face the consiquence.

My bet is that Disney has a no firearm law (duh, right), but nothing that entitles them to search the car. That's why it took 4 hours for them to figure out what to do.

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    This whole thing is about a persons individual right to keep a firearm or weapon inside their locked car while on company property.

As said before, "Can and will a company guarantee my safety once I leave their property, much less while ON their property?"

We the people have the right to keep and bear arms for our own self protection. Even though our vehicles are parked on company property, our vehicles remain our own individual property therefore should be suitable for us to contain/store other of our personal belongings inside it especially if it is a self protection item.

When criminals show up on company property and kill a few people all the sheeple start screaming "Oh my god, he had a gun!"

DUH!! Wake up! Did the current "No Firearms Allowed" policy keep the criminals guns off property?? No they didnt. So why disarm honest people and allow the criminal to waltz right in with a gun?

Having a gun in a car while at work puts no one in any more danger. It only serves to make the owner of that car safer once he/she leaves work property.
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

What if the guy had a locked biometric gun safe bolted inside the car. Let them search! They couldn't open it!

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tubby45 View Post
    You have to balance your paycheck against violating company rules. Your constitutional rights end at private property.

It is your vehicle but it is on my property. If a prohibited item is on my property the fact that it is in your vehicle or on your person is of no consequence. Your vehicle isn't a protective bubble that shields it from company policies or property rights of the property owner. Once you cross lines onto another's property, you are bound by their rules regardless if they are a company, employer, or private individual.
    Do you accept that my car is my property? I say it is, and I have the title to prove that.

Just how far above the paved surface of an employer parking lot does the employer's property extend? If I fly over the property, is my plane subject to search?

If any of my former employers demanded to search my vehicle, I would have refused, regardless of whether a firearm was inside. They always claimed they could fire me (or I could quit) for no reason anyway, so I would just move on.

Back to the subject of this thread: fortunately in Florida now, it's legal to have a firearm in the employee's vehicle, and contrary corporate policies are contrary to law. Or it will be legal after the court challenges end.

I think that this dude is setting himself up for a juicy lawsuit against Disney. He knew their policy from the get go. Maybe it's about principles or maybe about money "Who Knows"
    Why do I carry a Gun? Because I can't carry a Cop

Voted!

9933 Votes

Yes 9331 94%
    No 602 6%

Quote Originally Posted by Tally XD View Post
    This whole thing is about a persons individual right to keep a firearm or weapon inside their locked car while on company property.

Even though our vehicles are parked on company property, our vehicles remain our own individual property therefore should be suitable for us to contain/store other of our personal belongings inside it especially if it is a self protection item.
    You have no Second Amendment rights on private property. The Second Amendment protects against the government infringing upon your rights. That is the fact which people have a hard time accepting.

Your vehicles are your property and do remain your property. However by bringing an item onto company property in your vehicle you are violating their policy and are subject to being dismissed. If they don't want Barbie dolls on company property, they can disallow them and if you have a Barbie doll in your vehicle on company property, you are still violating their policy. People think this is a gun rights issue when it is clearly not. You can have whatever lawful items in your vehicle in public or on your property. When you cross onto private property, the rules change and you have to comply with the property rights of the owner of the property.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    Do you accept that my car is my property? I say it is, and I have the title to prove that.

Just how far above the paved surface of an employer parking lot does the employer's property extend? If I fly over the property, is my plane subject to search?
    I never said your vehicle wasn't your property. Don't put words in my mouth.

Well, if your vehicle is touching the ground, I'd say it is clearly ON company property. As to flying over, that is left to be determined. For government buildings, the property is understood to extend infinitely upward into the sky.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links