Missing Bullets..

Missing Bullets..

This is a discussion on Missing Bullets.. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So this morning was one of those morning in our house where we are practically running out the door due to being late. I grabbed ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Missing Bullets..

Missing Bullets..

So this morning was one of those morning in our house where we are practically running out the door due to being late. I grabbed my gear, threw on my CTAC, and stuffed in the G33. I got to church, and sat down in the nursery while my daughter played. The service didn't start for another hour, but we had to be there early to help with the music. At this point I thought "I don't think I chambered a round when I picked up the Glock". This is NOT like me, and the thought was bothering me so I made sure nobody was around, closed the door, and took the pistol out. I pulled back the slide, and much to my surprise there was not only no round in the chamber, but there was no MAG in the mag well! I immediately went home to get some mags! I beat myself up about it for a couple hours, and thought I would post it up here to let you guys humiliate me for a bit! Anybody else ever pulled something like this?
    EVIL PREVAILS WHEN GOOD MEN FAIL TO ACT.

Yep...I'll take that and raise it one. I was running late but finally got myself going and got ready to head out the door.
    • Wallet, Keys, Watch ...
    • Swiss Army Knife ...
    • Kershaw knife ...
    • 20' paracord, misc wire, paperclip, etc ...
    • Flashlight ...
    • Gun Belt and holster ...

Out the door we go. I get all the way to my destination and started my wait in the docs office. Nurse asks me to come on back and hop on the scale... "Hey wait a minute... I'm feeling a bit light, a few pounds to be more specific." I forgot to actually put the 1911 in the holster...oops.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    My EDC is my HD weapon, so 9 times out of 10, its got a round chambered in the nightstand holster, or my hip.

Lol, can't say I've forgotten my weapon.

EDIT:Packinnova--paracord? wire? explain?

I have never had this situation happen to me but have heard from several others that have. I have come close though.

The worst I have personally done is leave the house with just my gun, loaded, but no spare magazine. This is pretty bad for me as I always have at least one reload. Most times I have 2.

In fact, this happened just the other night to me. I needed to run up to the store for a loaf of bread and some milk for the kids the next morning and grabbed everything, or so I thought. As I was exiting the car I realized that I had my Glock, but no spare magazine. As I was just in our little home town, I continued into the store and bought what I needed. But I was actually a bit nervous not having a spare mag.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

eww
    Not yet, but I usually do not unload mine. Just an advantage of no kids in the house. Give me time I will probably do something to eqaul yours.

Quote Originally Posted by packinnova View Post
    Yep...I'll take that and raise it one. I was running late but finally got myself going and got ready to head out the door.
    • Wallet, Keys, Watch ...
    • Swiss Army Knife ...
    • Kershaw knife ...
    • 20' paracord, misc wire, paperclip, etc ...
    • Flashlight ...
    • Gun Belt and holster ...

Out the door we go. I get all the way to my destination and started my wait in the docs office. Nurse asks me to come on back and hop on the scale... "Hey wait a minute... I'm feeling a bit light, a few pounds to be more specific." I forgot to actually put the 1911 in the holster...oops.
    WOW. I don't feel so bad now!

Quote Originally Posted by eww View Post
    Not yet, but I usually do not unload mine. Just an advantage of no kids in the house. Give me time I will probably do something to eqaul yours.
    Yeah, having my daughter running around definitely changes things. I am supposed to be getting a safe soon...

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    This is precisely why I keep a couple of spare mags in my EDC bag.

We went to watch the fireworks on the 3rd.. I get there and I think did I rack the slide??

I slipped my hand down to feel the LCI and of course it was in. So nope I did not rack the slide.. No kidding the more folks that piled in around us all I could think about was rack the slide first...Don't forget to rack the slide. It almost ruined my night..

My EDC and mags or ammo are never separated for any reason. Good habits are seldom broken.

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    My EDC and mags or ammo are never separated for any reason. Good habits are seldom broken.
    +1! I've got two mags and a box of 50 rounds in my truck and two mags in my wife's car for this very reason.
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    I need to get a bag for the car...anybody have a suggestion?

I only unload my 1911 EDC to clean and lube it,right afterwards insert mag chamber round top mag off,I have left the house with my holster on and no gun before which even tho might be a few pounds lighter the holster doesn't feel any different loaded or empty.I usually holster my gun as soon as I get out of bed and put my cargos on
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I only unload my 1911 EDC to clean and lube it,right afterwards insert mag chamber round top mag off,I have left the house with my holster on and no gun before which even tho might be a few pounds lighter the holster doesn't feel any different loaded or empty.I usually holster my gun as soon as I get out of bed and put my cargos on
    Me too. This morning I woke up at my mother in-law's house (we are house sitting), and left shortly thereafter for my house. I got home, and had to take the gun out and unload it because I was getting in the shower and was unsure if my wife and daughter would be walking around the house while I was in the shower. I guess I learned a hard lesson today. Thank God I didn't need it.

Mine in always loaded.... always has a mag in it. So, no confusion there.

Consider carrying extra mags on your person, there are multiple good reasons to do so besides just the extra rounds.

As far as a bag for your car, something non-descript that doesnt scream gun.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links