N.C. CC applications increase - Page 2

N.C. CC applications increase

This is a discussion on N.C. CC applications increase within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by 588 The problem is defense atty. always are around, crying for them,pity the poor soul he had a hard life--never mind the ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: N.C. CC applications increase

Quote Originally Posted by 588 View Post
    The problem is defense atty. always are around, crying for them,pity the poor soul he had a hard life--never mind the victim
    Don't get me started on the defense atty. I hear this victim crap all the time and I think back to what my track coach always told us, life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you respond.

I personally think when a trial is complete the defense atty should spend some time in lock up with his client. Sad part is there is a percentage that are decent atty and just looking to make sure things are right, its just the other 99% of them make them all look bad
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Paco, thanks for sharing that little nugget of advice from your coach. I'll have to put that one in my back pocket for future use.

Right now, there is a raging dispute going on on our neighborhood watch listserv. There has been a string of burglaries that eye witnesses have attributed to a team of kids and a young adult providing transportation from a nearby, lower income community. When ever the car is seen, 911 is contacted, and on several occasions, people have followed the suspects walking by car to keep 911 abreast of their location until the cops arrive. Understand that there has been 29 reported home burglaries and about a dozen cars stolen in just the last month. These bozos were seen on the property of 6-7 of those burglaries by eye witnesses. We want these guys caught. Well, some egg head started a firestorm when he accused us of racial profiling and in general vilifying young black men in the neighborhood with our efforts to help apprehend the young, misguided youths in question. Mind you, I live in a inner-city neighborhood that has undergone significant property and people improvement over the last ten or twelve years. It is as diverse in racial background as by income, religion, age, and every other category you can think.

Here's a little bit of what he wrote, in that vein.

...there has been no mention of reconciliation. i don't see any mention of attempts to understand the perspective of these "perps", as they have been referred to by some of you. i don't see any acknowledgment of the anger that is likely pent up among these largely poor, almost wholly unemployed young black boys as they watch the homes they've lived in knocked down or gutted and replaced by half million "in-town" homes invariably inhabited by young white families. i don't see any attempt at dialog, facilitated by community outreach, local civic leaders, the police or anyone. i don't see any introspection on your part, of the role that you might be playing in all of this.

you are not and cannot be simply hapless victims playing no role other than being attacked. no relationships and no neighborhoods as collections of relationships work that way. the gentry is almost always viewed as the enemy by the poor because rather than stealing tv's and lawn mowers, they "steal" whole communities.
    My head nearly exploded when I read this drivel last night. But even more astounding is the fact that some other households in the neighborhood agreed with this guy's point of view. Mind you neither I or many of my neighbors are anything like this guy has assumed, and I certainly don't share his "outlook" of the world in which we live. It would appear that he needs to make a better effort at getting to know his neighbors before he makes a sweeping characterization of us all.

Thank goodness the majority of responders were as outraged as I about his insinuations. May be there is sanity left in the world after all.

Blue, sorry for the OT contribution all. I just had to get this one off my chest as it has been bugging me all morning.
    2nd Amendment: because personal violence never makes an appointment.
    Evil resides in the heart of the individual, not in inanimate objects.
    Proud Member of GeorgiaCarry.Org

Moga, that's what happens when bleeding hearts take over. Who wrote that, a city official?

I work in a little shopping center bordering the hood on one side and the barrio on the other in Winston-Salem. There have been a lot of gang style tagging going on in this area. I have seen "13", Crips, Bloods, and Kings tags mostly.

The downtown section is starting to see more crime than in the past, partly due to an increase of residential building in the form of condos and converting old buildings to residences.

The Triad area has been growing at a tremendous rate over the last four or five years. With that comes the problems.
    "A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in ... And how many want out." British Prime Minister Tony Blair

Well I am glad Mayberry is still Mayberry, but I wonder how long I can enjoy that? Still am armed everywhere I go. All of you NC folks out there please join Grass Roots of NC, most states have these and ours in NC is very strong. Nobody does more for our gun rights than this organization. We have some important things were trying to get changed with NC's CCW laws, like the stupid law about carrying in places that serve booze, charge admission, parades, funerals, state parks etc..... Oh school zones. It is Grass Roots that helps to bring about these changes. I think 08 is the off year, but in 09 we will hopefully see a rewriting of the CCW does and don'ts but we need all your help.
    NCH
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Increase in CCW Applications

I wonder what happens next year when that person from Illinois attempts to void all of those state issued carry permits?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    Several articles on TV Saturday and Sunday that Concealed Carry applications are up drasticaly in North Carolina. They stated that applications were up by 50% in Forsyth County over this time last year. They cited the economy and an increase in both violence and home invasions as the main reasons.

They did not mention that NC is a target state for illegal immigrants as there is very little trouble involved in getting a drivers license. Gang violence is on the rise to the point that Greensboro Police has started a "Gang Unit." There have been several killings related to MS-13, one involving innocent people who happened to be in a restaurant at the wrong time.

They said that the wait was growing due to the back log of applications. When I applied for mine some time ago, you had to take the class, get an appointment with the Sheriffs office to make the application (which at the time was a 5 week wait), then they had to either issue or deny within 90 days (which they usually took nearly all of). They did not mention how long it is taking now.
    Being in Kalifornia, I wouldn't know about the illegal immigration issue. LOL!

I feel for you, I really do. This is only going to get worse and worse. The welfare system is going to be taxed more than it already is and violent crimes will go through the roof. I would arm myself to and I have. I can't get a CCW in my home state, but I can carry concealed on private property. I do it at home everyday for practice. I have nonresident CCWs and I travel a lot.

Good for those applying in NC.

Be safe.
    "[A]rms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine, Thoughts On Defensive War, 1775

Quote Originally Posted by SugarmillMan View Post
    I wonder what happens next year when that person from Illinois attempts to void all of those state issued carry permits?
    He can't do a darn thing, it's in our states consitution and even the pres can't change it!!!!

NCH
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Quote Originally Posted by NCHornet View Post
    He can't do a darn thing, it's in our states consitution and even the pres can't change it!!!!

NCH
    I hope you are correct, but I think executive order trumps state constitution. Thank the Patriot Act.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links