N.C. CC applications increase

This is a discussion on N.C. CC applications increase within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Several articles on TV Saturday and Sunday that Concealed Carry applications are up drasticaly in North Carolina. They stated that applications were up by 50% ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: N.C. CC applications increase

Several articles on TV Saturday and Sunday that Concealed Carry applications are up drasticaly in North Carolina. They stated that applications were up by 50% in Forsyth County over this time last year. They cited the economy and an increase in both violence and home invasions as the main reasons.

They did not mention that NC is a target state for illegal immigrants as there is very little trouble involved in getting a drivers license. Gang violence is on the rise to the point that Greensboro Police has started a "Gang Unit." There have been several killings related to MS-13, one involving innocent people who happened to be in a restaurant at the wrong time.

They said that the wait was growing due to the back log of applications. When I applied for mine some time ago, you had to take the class, get an appointment with the Sheriffs office to make the application (which at the time was a 5 week wait), then they had to either issue or deny within 90 days (which they usually took nearly all of). They did not mention how long it is taking now.

Texas's CHL applications are up 48% this year. I can't believe Greensboro has a gang unit, wow. I thought all the problems were over in Durham.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

The gangs are everywhere! Even here in our small town.

VIP Member
    A recent newspaper article reported we have 13 confirmed gangs in our town of 38,000.

I remember when a gang consisted of Spanky,Alfalfa,Buckwheat,Butch
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

The little town of Chester, SC has a good size gang problem. The gangs set up in these small towns because the LE force is small and typically not well trained against gangs. There are also alot of immigrants (illegle and leagal) that do not assimilate.

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I remember when a gang consisted of Spanky,Alfalfa,Buckwheat,Butch
    Don't forget my fav - Petey!

CCW requests are way up all over from what I understand. I just heard on the radio this morning that in Texas alone, from this Jan to now, there are 56,000 New CHL requests (that number may include renewals, but I didn't hear that).

Stay safe in NC, God's doorstep as my Dad refers to it (he is from Asheboro and Mom is from Greensboro).
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Senior Member Array Natureboypkr's Avatar
    Greensboro does have sort of a gang problem. Since the university I attend is there, I've seen these guys around especially when I would go to Walmart. What these low-life sum gang members don't realize is that law abidding citizen are sick of being terrorized. These scumbag should beware of the armed citizen. I don't understand why they will not just consider these piece of trash terrorist because that is what they are. All of thier rights should be stripped and they should not even be allowed to have a fair trail. In my opinion I think they should be shot and killed on the spot, because that is what they would do to that innocent hardworking man or woman minding their business.
    Mixed Martial Arts Record= 2-0.......Kyokushin Karate Record=5-0

USMC.....helping enemies of America die for their countries since 1775

cpl holders

not sure about percentage wise but mich. ccw population
    is growing at a pretty decent rate. been keeping an eye
    on M.C.R.G.O and the growth seems to be around 40-80
    new holders every day or so.
    (SHERIFF BUFORD T. JUSTICE) "what the hell is
    the world coming too"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

U.S. ARMY FT.SILL, OKLA.

Do you have a link to the video feed?

Just moved to Greensboro last week, in the process of looking for a job...still carrying with my FL CCL. Thanks for the heads up on NC permit delays.
    "...for all who draw the sword will die by the sword." Matthew 26:52

I've heard that Georgia GFLs are on the rise too, especially in the less densely populated areas of northern Georgia, after a young lady was the victim of a heinous crime while hiking in the woods.

Meanwhile, where the crime rate is spiraling out of control in Atlanta, the people believe reconciliation with the criminal types of the city is the key to bringing crime under control.

2nd Amendment: because personal violence never makes an appointment.
    Evil resides in the heart of the individual, not in inanimate objects.
    Proud Member of GeorgiaCarry.Org

I now live in a small town in NC also. The city I retired from (LEO) also had a gang problem but, the public didn't want to hear about it. Best things to do with gangs is flush them down the toilet--early--don't wait. The problem is defense atty. always are around, crying for them,pity the poor soul he had a hard life--never mind the victim, we'll anyway you get my viewpoint,good luck.

Exclamation 588

Quote Originally Posted by Moga View Post
    I've heard that Georgia GFLs are on the rise too, especially in the less densely populated areas of northern Georgia, after a young lady was the victim of a heinous crime while hiking in the woods.

Meanwhile, where the crime rate is spiraling out of control in Atlanta, the people believe reconciliation with the criminal types of the city is the key to bringing crime under control.

It's ok to be a victim of a crime but to react against it, OMG your such a trouble maker. Whatever happened to common sense???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links