Had to display my gun to daughter and friends: EDITED

This is a discussion on Had to display my gun to daughter and friends: EDITED within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Young the reason for it was simply because i was planning on having a beer with dinner. While i was not going to get drunk ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Had to display my gun to daughter and friends: EDITED

Young the reason for it was simply because i was planning on having a beer with dinner. While i was not going to get drunk Missouri does not have a set limit on drinking and carrying (like .08 for drinking and driving). while i was not planning on having more than one or two and would not be drunk, I have a strick policy of not carrying (on person or car) at all if i drink simply because of the way the law is written.

2. Remove Ads

Is there a law against just leaving it in your car?

If there isn't a law against leaving it in the car like that, and you weren't going to be drinking so much as to put you over the legal driving limit...I would say locked in the compartment would be the way to go. Seems a good compromise all around. My $0.02.
    Speak softly, and carry a big stick.

the CCW law only says you can not be impaired. Most people would assume that impaired is .08 like DUI, i just don't want to be the test case. I am certain that doing what you suggested would have worked out just fine, I simply chose to take the safer route in this case.

JD
    Administrator

Exclamation Edited/Removed posts

19 posts have been deleted as being off topic, and several moved for rule violations and quoting removed posts.

Due to the sheer number of deleted/moved posts, not everyone has been informed of the removals.

If you want to discuss cars, start a thread in the Off Topic/Humor section of the forum.

Also, I'd like to point out two of the Forum Rules.

While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts or PMs. Trolling, flaming, and personal attacks are strictly prohibited. You are welcome to disagree with opinions other than your own, but flaming other members will not be allowed. If you can't figure out how to compose a post without it being confrontational or a personal attack on someone, simply bite your lip and don't post it.
    As a family-friendly forum, we ask that you keep your language clean, exactly as we hope you would when addressing respected elders. Creative workarounds on language are not allowed. Violators of this rule will be warned once; those repeatedly breaking this rule will have their accounts permanently revoked. NOTE: Links to off site material will be held to our family-friendly standard, as well.
    Carry on.

TyC
    I've OC'd quite a bit lately so I may be biased now but I don't see it as a big deal that someone saw your piece. It could be a good chance to talk about self defense with the other girl and see how the guy feels about possibly defending your daughter. They saw a "normal" gun owner taking responsibility for his actions and following the laws. No media twist or agenda about conceal carry holders. How is that a bad thing?
    I don't know why so many walk around as if on egg shells about gun ownership and conceal and carry. I'm not saying flaunt it but theres nothing wrong with putting it out there in proper situations and environment.
    "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links