9 Days without my pistol. - Page 2

9 Days without my pistol.

This is a discussion on 9 Days without my pistol. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; From what I understand, gun regulations apply to a motor home just as a vehicle when in motion, since it is registered as a passenger ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    From what I understand, gun regulations apply to a motor home just as a vehicle when in motion, since it is registered as a passenger vehicle. The extended home will apply when it is parked and set up at a campsite or whatever.

I called both WI, and IL and talked to them about the transportation. I pretty much already knew about WI since we go hunting up there sometimes. Any firearms must be unloaded and in a closed case. This is the same for IL. Neither one specify how far away the ammunition must be from the weapon or the driver from what they told me.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Aren't campsites (and motel and hotel rooms) extensions of your domicile? They are in California.

9 whole days? i think some quality time spent with your gun is in order. take her to the range, she will appreciate it...

Wi Woes

I spent the day reading court cases from Wi on arrests from CC . It is so heartening what the courts say. One convicted fellow kept his gun in a locked box in his trunk. Ammo in another. He had a flat tire in a bad area of MKE at 1:30 AM. put it in his waist band as he started to change the tire with 20 punks being loud an obnoxious close by. He strained his back, went into the car to rest, fell asleep. LEO check on him, strange car on jack, saw the gun when he exited the car. Yada Yada.... Court said ther was no immediate threat to his safety so he had no "privelage" to arm himself! I thought it was a RIGHT. Not as long as Diamond Jim Doyle is our governor.

Wi law, as interpeted by the courts, says the gun must be in the unloaded, cased, out of reach of the driver. IE behind the second seat of a SUV or trunk of regular car. Ammo can be inthe same case.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links