Only Me! - Page 2

Only Me!

This is a discussion on Only Me! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Talked to the SO just a few moments ago... In Oklahoma, you have to pick it up IN PERSON to sign for it and prove ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Only Me!

Talked to the SO just a few moments ago... In Oklahoma, you have to pick it up IN PERSON to sign for it and prove identification, etc. etc. Looks like I'm screwed on this one unless I can come up with $500 or so for a "quickie" round trip ticket just to pick the thing up.

WA will be my new full-time residence eventually, so I guess just forget the Oklahoma one and carry on with a new application for a Concealed Pistol License here in WA? ( NOT DC people! )

I am NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT in Washington DC. I'm in that Pacific Northwest state known as Washington. You know, with Mt. Rainier, Seattle, Apple trees, forests, ........ gees!

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    You may have two residences, but only one driver's license...which home is your primary residence?
    Knowing which home is your primary residence will determine how states will or will not honor your CCW permit. Will your OK permit be a resident or non-resident?
    Get the facts before you carry.OMO, be careful!

Stay armed...stay legal...stay safe!
    +1 Usually the primary residence is determined by where you file your federal income taxes. But, if you own property (not rent a home) in both states you may be able to have a CCW in both states.
    An armed populace are called citizens.
    An unarmed populace are called subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain38 View Post
    Once again, the original poster is NOT in our nation's capital, but in that OTHER Washington!!!
    typo should read Washington

VIP Member
    I believe your going to be out your money. OK does not have a non resident license, and once you change your residency to WA your OK permit will no longer be valid.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

WA is quick and dirty when you do establish Residency. No courses or anything. just the 65 app fee, and 35 for the fingerprints/BG check. I had my permit in like 30 days.
    Springfield XD40 Service

The city I'm residing in says 5 business days !!! That's fast! IF it's really true.

Filled out the app today and did the fingerprints, so I hope I'm packing by this time next week. Hope!

VIP Member
    bgriffin70:
    Call them and tell them your are out of state on business, ask how long they will hold it for you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links