Concealed Carry at Taco Bell...but it wasn't me - Page 2

Concealed Carry at Taco Bell...but it wasn't me

This is a discussion on Concealed Carry at Taco Bell...but it wasn't me within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by imatt I imagine if a LEO were to do that to someone where OC was legal, he'd have a desk job for ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Concealed Carry at Taco Bell...but it wasn't me

Quote Originally Posted by imatt View Post
    I imagine if a LEO were to do that to someone where OC was legal, he'd have a desk job for a while thereafter.
    That's kind of what I was thinking... That'd be nutty if someone were to recieve that kind of treatment for doing something that is legal.

Quote Originally Posted by Sejune View Post
    Yesterday while in line at Taco Bell for a delicious Big Taste Taco, I overheard two gentlemen to my side talking. One was fishing in his wallet to get his credit card out, and I heard him say, "This is my permit, which has a different color than my drivers license, but otherwise is nearly identical." He followed that comment up by discussing the "CCW class".

As I am trying to be patient and wait for my permit (still another 70 days or so to go...I am one of the most impatient people on earth so I am going insane), I felt very at ease and comfortable knowing that a CCW permit holder was in the premises.

The strange thing is, I am not sure how comfortable I would have felt had he been OC (if it were legal in SC, which it isn't). Are my hesitations about OC justifiable, or in states where it is required, is there still a permit required for it?
    Just because somebody has a CCW permit other than you, it's not a reason to feel safe. You're assuming that he knows how to use his firearm. Just having one doesn't mean anything. It's possible that he could get himself and others killed if he doesn't know what he is doing. Also, not all CCW permit holders are good, law abiding people. There are some bad eggs who get by the application screening process.

Another thing I don't care for is talking about the CCW permit in public. It's stupid to go around showing people his permit while in line at a fast food restaurant and then talking about the CCW class. I get the impression that this guy is more obsessed with the permit and carrying the gun instead of being prepared to use it.

Be careful when you think things are safe and relaxed. That's when people end up dead. Most of the people who get shot think that it would never happen to them.

You're not alone. All of us were impatient when we were waiting for our CCW permits to arrive in the mail or get the acceptance call from the sheriff's office. Mine took 72 days and it seemed like an eternity. My brother put his app in on the same day and it still has not arrived. He's going on day 121.

Good luck! I hope it comes soon.
    "[A]rms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine, Thoughts On Defensive War, 1775

Sorry I'm going to derail the crap out of your thread, but was it the Taco Bell on Pine St.? You definitely need someone carrying in that one
    Dealer, you are right about that!!!

Missouri has technically always been an OC state, except that it has never been accepted for folks to carry that way. In fact most cities had local ordinances against it, which pretty much made it a Big No!

Now we have ccw I'm a happy camper so it doesn't matter. It sure took them a heck of a long time to go with CCW, but once they did, they actually have a pretty darn good ccw law. I'm happy with Mo's law. Would like a lifetime permit like Indiana, but it's something to work on.

I am wondering why the OP thinks he might feel a little apprehensive about seeing someone open carry? People who openly carry are almost exclusively good guys!

Besides, when was the last time you saw a criminal sporting a $250 custom holster?

The criminal carries concealed and you only see their guns when they whips it out and shove it in your face.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

took mine 86 days to arrive (but who's counting)

Kentucky is an open carry state also. But that being said you can expect to be harrassed by the police if spotted OCing in a largish cuty like Lexington or so, I've seen it first hand. There were 2 officers to start with and within 15 mins or so there were no kidding 4 more squad cars pull up. The guy wasn't arrested or anything just lectured and talked to like an idiot, he just showed his CCDW permit then pulled his shirt over the what looked like a Springfield Armory 1911 and went on his way.
    "Fear is nothing more than an emotional response to the perception of danger coupled with the belief that I can't handle it."
    "If you change that belief to 'I can handle it', you'll no longer experience FEAR. You'll simply see what you are facing is a challenge... an opportunity to test yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Sejune View Post
    The strange thing is, I am not sure how comfortable I would have felt had he been OC (if it were legal in SC, which it isn't). Are my hesitations about OC justifiable, or in states where it is required, is there still a permit required for it?
    You shouldn't feel hesitant about folks who OC (I am one ) and we are just like you. Of course I CC also.

States differ from one to the other. Here in Tennessee, our permit is not a Concealed Carry Permit but a Handgun Carry Permit and there is no legal requirement to conceal the gun. None at all. Open carry is 100% legal.

OC is no big deal, no matter what some folks say. It is quite common here in Tennessee and in other states where it is legal.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

The only time I worry about someone with a gun that's in a holster .... .... is if I see them reaching for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Puppy View Post
    LEO friend if it was legal in my locale and he said "yes, it is, but if a LEO sees you open carrying expect your face to get well acquainted with the dirt until he has checked you out."
    You don't need enemies with friends like that IMO. Regardless of his opinion he swore and oath. Obviously his oath is worthless, and a man is only as good as his word. He just told you how good his word is. If I ever heard that out of a LEO at the very least we would be having a talk with his CO. IMO he does not need a desk job he needs a complete career change. Sounds like a wanna be tough guy with a badge, an insult to the many honorable hard working men & women in Law Enforcement
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

He may have used the wrong terminology but the message is correct. OC and you can probably expect to get questioned by LE. Especially in an area that may not be used to people doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Waldershrek View Post
    He may have used the wrong terminology but the message is correct. OC and you can probably expect to get questioned by LE. Especially in an area that may not be used to people doing it.

While your example is sadly likely. Used to it or not the officer stated he knew the law. To premeditate to commit unlawful detention because an officer is at odds with the Bill Of Rights is inappropriate. But here we are talking about two completely different things one maybe tolerable even reasonable (not likely) the other is a threat to commit assault at the very least, a death threat as in make them eat dirt or take a dirt nap at the worst. If he is too stupid to understand the gravity of how things are articulated he is to stupid to be a police officer. At least no officer I know is an idiot goon that runs off at the mouth making threats to harm those they are sworn to protect and serve because they do not like the Constitution they swore to defend. This guy is nothing more than a bully in uniform aka an idiot goon without any honor or integrity, unworthy of associating with the men & women I know who put their lives on the line daily protecting their fellow citizens and the Constitution as they are sworn to do.
    IMO
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Virginia:

OC = No registration, license, or permit necessary.
    CC = Concealed Handgun Permit (CHP) required.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other"
    ~John Adams

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links