Accurate Media?!?!?!

This is a discussion on Accurate Media?!?!?! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; well done...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Accurate Media?!?!?!

well done

2. Remove Ads

"This isn't the wild west of the past or a bleak, crime-ridden future." Clearly this man hasn't looked at crime statistics. The future is now.
    Yes, the world has gotten smaller, but it will always be too big to be ruled by unelected bureaucrats.

Senior Member Array HowardCohodas's Avatar
    Accurate Media is an oxymoron.
    Howard
    I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop!!
    Politically Incorrect Self Defense

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCohodas View Post
    Accurate Media is an oxymoron.
    ...precisely.
    EVIL PREVAILS WHEN GOOD MEN FAIL TO ACT.

I was watching Nightline when that segment was played. I thought it was very well done. Notice the organizer of OCDO was one of the picnicers that was interviewed.

What is so wrong with the wild wild west??? The crime rate was very low in the old west, even though the number of law men was low. Everyone just thinks they had a lot of shootings, take a look at the real stats if you can find them. The OK Corral was only three ppl shot. Of course you couldn't dial 911 in the old west.

I like the line toward the end:

"And the kids played bang-bang, and the dads did not..."

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy_26 View Post
    Overall the video was positive but....
    /Rant On/

I'm really getting sick of the words Wild Wild West being used for every news story concerning anyone carrying or being aloowed to own a firearm.

/Rant Off/
    I almost started thread on this topic a few days ago, do to a conversation I had Why the rant? Why get defensive? When I was asked the question "So you want us to go back to the days of the wild west" I reply well if you are not talking about Hollywood's wild west but the real Wild West when more people carried guns and no one thought any more of them than we do of teen drivers. Than yes. If you mean the Wild West where people were more polite and courteous to each other than yes. If you mean the Wild West where there were less robberies, less rapes, less assaults with deadly weapons, less shootings and less murders than we have today per capita, than YES absolutely I would love to see the Wild West return. It is a great platform with which to dive in and reveal to them that their unfounded fears and biases are based on fantasy not reality. A chance to remind them that their mommy and daddy told them TV and the movies are not real it is make believe. Motive them to research the Wild West crime stats once they see how wrong they are about that, you have a foundation to show them how wrong they are about carrying guns. Again that their fears and biases are not based on fact. Use the wild west to show them that law abiding citizens carrying guns kept crime down it worked than it can and does work now. Check it out for your self as a whole the so called Wild West was a very safe place by todays standards. If you stayed out of Dodge city's saloons on pay days the chances of you even hearing a gun shot in anger during your life time was virtually nill
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Quote Originally Posted by rljohns View Post
    What is so wrong with the wild wild west??? The crime rate was very low in the old west, even though the number of law men was low. Everyone just thinks they had a lot of shootings,
    Dang beat me too it
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Fairly good piece for main stream media... definitely in the minority of gun stories the media does.

Probably be another couple of decades before another one that positive airs again.

That one must have slipped through the cracks!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    Probably be another couple of decades before another one that positive airs again.

That one must have slipped through the cracks!
    Sad, but true...
    EVIL PREVAILS WHEN GOOD MEN FAIL TO ACT.

Yea I'm sick of the wild west stuff too, me & sundance thought guns & guts is what tamed the west!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links