Accurate Media?!?!?!

This is a discussion on Accurate Media?!?!?! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I found this video on OCDO, which is another forum that I am a member of. It is a news report covering an open carry ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Accurate Media?!?!?!

Accurate Media?!?!?!

I found this video on OCDO, which is another forum that I am a member of. It is a news report covering an open carry picnic. The media (mainstream nonetheless!) actually produced an accurate and truthful story about guns! I never thought it would happen, but this is a great video, and surely worth the watch! This is NOT a thread for debating open carry, this is a thread for discussing media coverage of gun rights! PLEASE do NOT beat the poor dead horse. There are other threads here for that topic on this forum. Thanks!!!

YouTube - Open Carry on Nightline
    EVIL PREVAILS WHEN GOOD MEN FAIL TO ACT.

2. Remove Ads

Awesome good watch indeed
    Kimber Ultra Carry 2
    Kimber Eclipse Target 2
    Kahr PM9 (wife's edc)
    Kahr PM45, Glock 19 (3rd Gen) & DiamondBack DB9
    NRA Life Member

Enjoy the video. Thanks for the link.

Overall the video was positive but....

/Rant On/

I'm really getting sick of the words Wild Wild West being used for every news story concerning anyone carrying or being aloowed to own a firearm.

I'm also sick of all these journalists writing their opinions in every rag in the country stating that there will be blood in the streets because of the Heller verdict. So many of these articles talk about more people "carrying" weapons and more guns "on the street". THE VERDICT ADDRESSED GUN OWNERSHIP IN THE HOME. Its as if none of these people even read the majority opinion. The words I have for these folks I can't say here.....Grrrr

/Rant Off/

I guess the fact people are talking about this at all is a good thing, maybe it will draw some light to our side.

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy_26 View Post
    Overall the video was positive but....

/Rant On/

I'm really getting sick of the words Wild Wild West being used for every news story concerning anyone carrying or being aloowed to own a firearm.

I'm also sick of all these journalists writing their opinions in every rag in the country stating that there will be blood in the streets because of the Heller verdict. So many of these articles talk about more people "carrying" weapons and more guns "on the street". THE VERDICT ADDRESSED GUN OWNERSHIP IN THE HOME. Its as if none of these people even read the majority opinion. The words I have for these folks I can't say here.....Grrrr

/Rant Off/

I guess the fact people are talking about this at all is a good thing, maybe it will draw some light to our side.
    I share your sentiment regarding the "wild wild west" BS. I am just GLAD that they didn't really dwell on that here. It seemed to be a good overall story, ESPECIALLY for being main-stream media. If you notice, he emphasized that the holsters were secure, "not once did anybody unholster their weapon, not even to display it when asked about it. These people don't leave anything to chance when it comes to safety". Normally a news anchor wouldn't be caught dead within a mile of "people with guns", much less accurately and truthfully covering them.

Saw this when it first aired. Couldn't believe it either. If the extent of the anti message is a throwaway line, quickly rejected, about the Wild Wild West... I'll take that any day.
    "War necessarily brings with it some virtues, and great and heroic virtues too. What horrid creatures we men are, that we cannot be virtuous without murdering one another?" -John Adams

I always enjoyed the Wild, Wild West. The original, with Robert Conrad . . .
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Senior Member Array Free American's Avatar
    Without even viewing I am willing to bet this is the VCDL picnic in Newport News, VA
    They who give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin

Previously known as "cjm5874"

Quote Originally Posted by Free American View Post
    Without even viewing I am willing to bet this is the VCDL picnic in Newport News, VA
    That would be a very accurate guess...which leads me to one of three conclusions. Either A) You have seen it before, B) you are a member of OCDO, or C)You were there. Which is it> Fess up.....

Administrator
    How about D) its been posted before
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    How about D) its been posted before
    Funny Sixto...Funny...

I did not see this vid before. The media was fair in their story...did not put on a negative spin...amazing!
    Did they do a follow up after the SCOTUS ruling?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I did not see this vid before. The media was fair in their story...did not put on a negative spin...amazing!
    Did they do a follow up after the SCOTUS ruling?
    Not that I know of.

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    I thought it was actually very positive. Made gun owners NOT to be maniacal nuts just looking for a gun fight. I must say though, there was this undertone of incredulity like "I can't believe there are still people who believe this nonsense".
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

I must say, this is a first, surprisingly positive. Like everyone else here, did not like the WWW twist but still overall ok.
    Life is too short, stop to smell the roses and don't let anyone take it away from you!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links