A huge scare today and a warning about pocket carry!!!! - Page 4

A huge scare today and a warning about pocket carry!!!!

This is a discussion on A huge scare today and a warning about pocket carry!!!! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Amen Captain! I had to have a long, very serious talk with my children. I have 6 and they see daddy wearing a gun when ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A huge scare today and a warning about pocket carry!!!!

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    Amen Captain! I had to have a long, very serious talk with my children. I have 6 and they see daddy wearing a gun when I'm getting dressed. I believe they sense how important and serious it is. I don't want anyone to know, period.

VIP Member
    Glad it worked out; but, if you think she would have freaked. you should not have gone in the house in the first place with the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by nn View Post
    Glad it worked out; but, if you think she would have freaked. you should not have gone in the house in the first place with the gun.
    I think any mother would freak, not that you carry a gun, but that it was left loaded in easy reach of very young children.
    "War necessarily brings with it some virtues, and great and heroic virtues too. What horrid creatures we men are, that we cannot be virtuous without murdering one another?" -John Adams

I am extremely satisfied with a pocket holster from bulldogleathercompany.com that I have. I have a 642 and it works and conceals great.

I use a Galco Pocket Holster for this reason. Mine has never moved, SP101.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Don't give up on pocket carry, just on loose pocket holsters like Uncle Mikes and Mika.

High Noon makes a pocket holster that adresses the gun retention problem quite well. An SP101 will not fall out when held upside down in this molded leather holster and the black tacky rubber on the outside makes it stay put inside your pocket even if you go upside down.

From another post.

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...24-post48.html

VIP Member
    Gideon, thanks for the "heads up" bro!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Quote Originally Posted by Supertac45 View Post
    I use a Galco Pocket Holster for this reason. Mine has never moved,
    I also use a Galco Pocket Holster when I pocket carry my Walther PPK/S. Very stable, stays put on the draw.

VIP Member
    Thank You for letting us know. It makes us all a little more aware.

Thank you for sharing this. I am looking into a more comfortable CC gun and I am wrestling between a ruger LCP pocket gun with pocket holster vs Glock 26/27 IWB holster Your story will help me in my decision process. Should I go the pocket gun route I will surely be careful with the type of holster and pants I use.

Quote Originally Posted by echobaby View Post
    I give you credit for sharing this incident with us but you made an error in judgement for carrying into another's home without their knowledge and/or approval. Something to think about before doing so again.
    I don't see any reason to ask "permission" to carry my concealed handgun in someone else's home. Unless I am specifically aware of their disapproval ahead of time, I have no duty to make them aware. Concealed is concealed.
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

I too think that you coming "out" with this is a learning experience for everybody and that sometimes cheap holsters can present problems,I don't feel a need to ask permission to be armed in a home I'm visiting,the potential for a home invasion doesn't magically end at somebody elses house,As a pastor I think he realises that bad things happen to good people and I'm glad he is a sheepdog among sheep,If things like this happened and nobody posted these experiences how many people would continue to #1 either pocket carry without a holster or #2 pocket carry in a holster the gun may slide out of while sitting in a public place such as a theater or a park or restaurant.In this forum we share personal experience gained from knowledge and get feedback both positive and negative,I have had my views on a subject changed by somebody elses post that made me look at the situation from another perspective.Keep posting about the "GOOD","BAD" ,and "UGLY" things that happen.My first IWB was an uncle mikes ,I still have it and use it for my sig 2022
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Time to buy a Nemisis holster. I have used them for years and have never had a gun slip out. They are made with a material that has little grippers on it that keep it in the pocket. Best pocket holster I am used, and I have used a lot of them. Glad everything worked out for you.

NCH
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    NCHornet, I think you may have miss-understook; the uncle mikes holster didn't come out of the pocket. It stayed right where it was supposed to. But the "INSIDE" of the holster is slick and therefore the gun slipped righout of of the holster and out of the pocket. Before I carry the J frame in the pocket again, I'll have a pocket holster that has far more positive retention so that I have to push off the holster with my thumb.

Thanks

CDR
    If retention is a primary concern you should consider a Pocket Concealment Systems Holster. They are about as good as it gets, albeit not inexpensive....

Pocket Concealment Systems, Inc. Online Catalogue
    Federal 357B 125 gr JHP.......................When you care enough to send the very best.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links