Saw an Idiot with a CCW Permit Badge at the mall - Page 10

Saw an Idiot with a CCW Permit Badge at the mall

This is a discussion on Saw an Idiot with a CCW Permit Badge at the mall within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by simon I wonder if the" DORK",can be put on them....maybe even"Dork Trainee"....that'd spruce em up a bit Like this: doofy.jpg...

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: Saw an Idiot with a CCW Permit Badge at the mall

Quote Originally Posted by simon View Post
    I wonder if the" DORK",can be put on them....maybe even"Dork Trainee"....that'd spruce em up a bit

Like this:

doofy.jpg
    accessbob likes this.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TedBeau View Post
    Like this:

doofy.jpg
    DooFee!

But seriously, I can see maybe adding one as a novelty to my pin collection at home, but that's about it. Nothing else good can come of it, really. Concealed is CONCEALED and your Concealed Carry license is the only proof that would be accepted.
    EDC - M&P Shield .40 OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    To each their own, especially in a 4 year old thread. :)

Wait, did someone do a search for CCW badge?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    ...I saw a man, about 30 years old or so, with a badge on his belt walking our way...I looked very close at it and was stunned to read "Concealed Permit Holder" on the badge. Then I looked and saw his openly carried EMPTY holster on his right hip just behind the "I'm an idiot wanna-be badge".
    He obviously had his CCW in deep, invisibility concealment and needed his badge to remind him that he was carrying.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    ........You guys do know that this thread is dated 2008 ?
    Yeah, I was wondering why we were rehashing this subject. Although I do see a lot of "Join Date"s that are after this was first posted. So I guess they're catching up.

why does it matter that you had your gun?

Quote Originally Posted by akahrt View Post
    Huh? Maybe
    Rule #1
    Have a gun
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

I got dragged to the mall again this weekend. I'm not sure how this keeps happening to me....but, while we were there, sitting in a common area waiting for the 6 year olds to finish their ice cream cones, I saw a man, about 30 years old or so, with a badge on his belt walking our way. As he got closer I saw that the badge was the star in the circle type, like the US Marshals wear. This got my attention and as he started to pass by us, I looked very close at it and was stunned to read "Concealed Permit Holder" on the badge. Then I looked and saw his openly carried EMPTY holster on his right hip just behind the "I'm an idiot wanna-be badge".

I didn't say anything to him though I wanted to. I figured it wouldn't do any good because if he's dumb enough to buy one of those stupid badges, he isn't going to like me telling him he's dumb for wearing it.

This was the first time I have actually seen someone with one of those idiot things and I was kind of shocked.

By the way, I was armed with my Glock 23, on my right hip, 2 spare magazines on my left and a snub nosed .357 revolver in my right front pocket. I was concealed, wearing my Glock in an IWB kydex concealment holster with my untucked T-shirt covering everything. The "Mall Vice-Ninjas" never gave me a second look...
    Mike it never occurred to me to ask. I assume not since you say you were carrying but was this a Gun Free Zone Mall, or posted no weapons allowed? If so than the guys conduct would make some sense.

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by akahrt View Post
    Why advertise something you don't have? Just draws that much more attention to you.

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LongRider View Post
    Mike it never occurred to me to ask. I assume not since you say you were carrying but was this a Gun Free Zone Mall, or posted no weapons allowed? If so than the guys conduct would make some sense.
    Since this happened in 2008 (four yrs ago), he might not even remember. When I first came across this resurrected thread, I thought Mike may have seen someone at the Wolf Chase Mall in Memphis recently. Then, I would have wondered why the guy wasn't OC'ing because I think that's legal in TN.

(I love zombie threads that don't ever seem to die.)

Quote Originally Posted by LongRider View Post
    Nope, the mall is not posted and I was carrying at the time. It was 4 years ago but I still remember it. In fact, we were at that mall this last weekend and when we went by the spot this all happened at I mentioned it to my wife and she remembered too.

Quote Originally Posted by tcox4freedom View Post
    Since this happened in 2008 (four yrs ago), he might not even remember. When I first came across this resurrected thread, I thought Mike may have seen someone at the Wolf Chase Mall in Memphis recently. Then, I would have wondered why the guy wasn't OC'ing because I think that's legal in TN.

(I love zombie threads that don't ever seem to die.)
    tcox4freedom, it WAS Wolfchase Galleria mall. Well done. I have open carried there but I don't think I was that day. I believe I was concealing that day. And open carry is 100% legal in TN. Any place that it is legal to carry at all, it is legal to carry openly or concealed.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

I think the guy was an idiot but I also have a "I support open carry" sticker on my car. Bama is an OC state but Leo's don't seem to understand the laws. OCers get messed with by the police all the time here. Plus the general public doesn't know that OC is legal so this is a way to try to get the word out. I don't OC myself but it's our right and I don't believe that stepping on our rights are okay.

Nope, the mall is not posted and I was carrying at the time. It was 4 years ago but I still remember it. In fact, we were at that mall this last weekend and when we went by the spot this all happened at I mentioned it to my wife and she remembered too.
    Thought not, but we all know about assumptions. Figured I'd ask for the sake of clarity. If it had been posted it would have put a different spin on things. Had I seen him I may of asked why he was doing something that made him appear as if he was stuck on stupid.

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar

tcox4freedom, it WAS Wolfchase Galleria mall. Well done. I have open carried there but I don't think I was that day. I believe I was concealing that day. And open carry is 100% legal in TN. Any place that it is legal to carry at all, it is legal to carry openly or concealed.
    Why would a guy be OC'ing an empty holster in a state where OC is legal?

Do you know if the mall is posted? (I haven't been there since the 1st week they opened. But, I don't think it was posted then?)

The guy was either protesting something or he was a moron.

-

Quote Originally Posted by tcox4freedom View Post
    Why would a guy be OC'ing an empty holster in a state where OC is legal?

Do you know if the mall is posted? (I haven't been there since the 1st week they opened. But, I don't think it was posted then?)

The guy was either protesting something or he was a moron.

-
    I vote for the latter.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Links