Saw an Idiot with a CCW Permit Badge at the mall

This is a discussion on Saw an Idiot with a CCW Permit Badge at the mall within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by tcox4freedom Do you know if the mall is posted- Asked #134 and answered #146...

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: Saw an Idiot with a CCW Permit Badge at the mall

Quote Originally Posted by tcox4freedom View Post
    Do you know if the mall is posted-
    Asked #134 and answered #146
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by accessbob View Post
    DooFee!

But seriously, I can see maybe adding one as a novelty to my pin collection at home, but that's about it. Nothing else good can come of it, really. Concealed is CONCEALED and your Concealed Carry license is the only proof that would be accepted.
    Just a follow up somewhat. I posted a review about one on Amazon, which stated:
    This is a totally stupid idea for a product. There is absolutely NO NEED for a CCW holder to have something like this, with the possible exception as a NOVELTY only to keep at home and not carry.

1. Concealed Carry is just that - CONCEALED, not something to advertise.
    2. Your CCW license is the proof that you have one. Nothing else will be accepted.
    3. A badge only makes you out to be a LEO wannabe and will potentially get you arrested depending on your locality.
    And so this guy comes back with:
    Hey Robert: Your opinions are noted. But "novelty" and LEO wannabe?
    This reviewer was a combat marine and then a state trooper, both probably long before you were born. In other words I am saying, "Been there. Done that." I know about firearms and what they do, enough so that I blanch at the thought of using one. Firearms (and badges) don't thrill me. I rarely carry either. My only desire is to avoid being a pushover on dangerous, central-city sidewalks after dark during my infrequent visits to such places. My wife and I are over 80, and speaking for myself, I look it. We are potential targets for nighttime mugging.
    This reviewer is also a lawyer who is familiar with people's actions producing unforeseen results. My advice to you: If you carry a concealed firearm, get a concealed badge in case you need it.
    What a maroon...what's up doc?
    EDC - M&P Shield .40, Ruger P90, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Why doesn't he just paint a big crosshairs on his forehead and on his shirt under his neat badge he could say,I have a gun,shoot me first.

Quote Originally Posted by RayBar View Post
    Why doesn't he just paint a big crosshairs on his forehead and on his shirt under his neat badge he could say,I have a gun,shoot me first.
    LOL the only badges Id wear say officer on them not permit.

Instead of a badge, I want one of those dark blue raid jacket that says

"OFFICIAL CONCEALED WEAPONS PERMIT HOLDER" on it. . .

Oh wait. . I might have just come up with an idea for a new business. .
    minimalbrat likes this.
    Somewhere in the Pacific NW

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RayBar View Post
    The worst part (talking about the response the idiot on Amazon gave me) is that he CLAIMS to be a lawyer and that it will help in some form or another. It just amazes me what some people come up with in their thought process.
    EDC - M&P Shield .40, Ruger P90, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Sent from my DROID RAZR
    Attached Images

Why not carry a bill fold wallet and flash that in a sd event. You still will make a leo pause because you are trying to id yourself without being a tool
    Guns don't kill people, Guns save Lives.

If you want peace, prepare for war

Quote Originally Posted by ashamans View Post
    Why not carry a bill fold wallet and flash that in a sd event. You still will make a leo pause because you are trying to id yourself without being a tool
    If you reveal that you are stupid enough to have spent hard earned money on a tin CCW badge you are by definition a tool.

Truth is if I were a LEO and someone flashed me a CCW badge I'd have them face down in the dirt handcuffed and disarmed because they had just proven to me that they were an armed disaster in progress.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Can somebody give a definition of "tool". Seriously, i am to old to get the insult.

Sent from my iPad

Tool:an "un-cool" person; "loser".
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Quote Originally Posted by Mattmann View Post
    Sent from my DROID RAZR
    I finally saw where the mall ninja came from, and it's hilarious that people still think the guy was serious! He was an amazing troll for being able to fool and still fool that many people.

On topic, anyone who needs to advertise to the world they're carrying a gun is compensating for something, seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Carvin66 View Post
    Can somebody give a definition of "tool". Seriously, i am to old to get the insult.

Sent from my iPad
    A little off topic, but I think it's funny that you're too old to understand tool, yet you're posting from your ipad. :) I can't (won't) spend the time required to post online from a phone or tablet because it takes too long and you can't (or I can't) adjust the font to make it large enough to comfortably read everything without scrolling left and right continuously. There's also been some issues with me and spell check not getting along too well.

But to answer your question, one of the tricks I learned when I started posting in online forums was the site Urban Dictionary, September 17: Lap Hog If you see something on a forum that you don't understand, there's a 99 44/100 percent chance that the definition will be on that site.

Personally I don't have a problem with other folks wearing whatever badge they want so long as its not an attempt to impersonate a LEO. And there is already a law against that.

Michael

It has been my impression that these CCW badges are easier for mall ninjas to carry than "Shoot Me First" signs.

Links