Saw an Idiot with a CCW Permit Badge at the mall

This is a discussion on Saw an Idiot with a CCW Permit Badge at the mall within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; HAHAHA!!! If this is the case, why not open carry?...

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: Saw an Idiot with a CCW Permit Badge at the mall

HAHAHA!!! If this is the case, why not open carry?

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array The Old Anglo's Avatar
    Always make sure when you have your CCW Badge displayed that your Beanie has the Propeller in the right direction. Also...Always wear your sash on the Right shoulder. You should be good to go.

I hope y'all sleep real good tonight after trying to put all those badge makers and salesmen out of work. Bunch of anti free enterprise folks on here.

Michael

Oh my, well that is just sad ... I'm really at a loss for words ... I guess I can say " happy trails to you" ... my friend ... I hope we never meet again.

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    I got dragged to the mall again this weekend. I'm not sure how this keeps happening to me....but, while we were there, sitting in a common area waiting for the 6 year olds to finish their ice cream cones, I saw a man, about 30 years old or so, with a badge on his belt walking our way. As he got closer I saw that the badge was the star in the circle type, like the US Marshals wear. This got my attention and as he started to pass by us, I looked very close at it and was stunned to read "Concealed Permit Holder" on the badge. Then I looked and saw his openly carried EMPTY holster on his right hip just behind the "I'm an idiot wanna-be badge".

I didn't say anything to him though I wanted to. I figured it wouldn't do any good because if he's dumb enough to buy one of those stupid badges, he isn't going to like me telling him he's dumb for wearing it.

This was the first time I have actually seen someone with one of those idiot things and I was kind of shocked.

By the way, I was armed with my Glock 23, on my right hip, 2 spare magazines on my left and a snub nosed .357 revolver in my right front pocket. I was concealed, wearing my Glock in an IWB kydex concealment holster with my untucked T-shirt covering everything. The "Mall Vice-Ninjas" never gave me a second look...
    LOL that is just like those goof balls that wear the SOA patches and Lone Wolf patch. Funny stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by 031131 View Post
    LOL that is just like those goof balls that wear the SOA patches and Lone Wolf patch. Funny stuff.
    Went riding up in Kansas last week and seen a fella on a nice custom bike sporting a SOA patch on his vest. I have to admit that I was a bit surprised. I didn't know folks actually wore them out in public.

Michael
    031131 and tacman605 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    Went riding up in Kansas last week and seen a fella on a nice custom bike sporting a SOA patch on his vest. I have to admit that I was a bit surprised. I didn't know folks actually wore them out in public.

Michael
    Are there real 1% clubs in Kansas? If not that may be why. There is a decent H.A, Outlaw, and Diablos presence in NH and I would expect that someone Sporting an SOA patch would not have a good day. I have yet to see someone riding with an SOA patch but I have heard of it in other areas. Lone wolf is something I have noticed a handfull of times. But Lonewolf doesn't have a location being claimed so they only get looked at funny and not beaten up. I don't understand wearing that stuff myself.

Speaking of riding though mlr1m. Have you checked out that 10 pocket leather vest? I bought mine from leatherup.com it is very comfortable and has some nice ccw pockets on the inside. for the price it is very durable, I have not had it ever pop open or anything like that on me when going down the highway (as it has 4 snaps). I must admit this is my first one and I don't know if that is actually a common problem but I have read of people complaining about it from other vests. Just wanted to pass the info to a fellow rider.

The concept of "CC badges" is insane. Simply a method for "look at me" idiots to clamor for attention. Unfortunately, "stupid" is not illegal.
    Secret Spuk likes this.
    "Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6"

Flight Surgeon, USAF
    Law Enforcement Tactical Surgeon

NRA Patron Member

Off topic

That is too weird. Love the show but 1% are not citizens and have a whole different set of standards rules and ethics. I have never seen of any club so in touch with their inner little girl. For all the crying you'd think they were a some kind of woman's support group, not a bike club. And the entire club is a pack of cheese eating rats. Guys I grew up with would help the guy stabbing them to death not get caught before even considering being a stool pigeon. As unthinkable as molesting a child just not an option for them. So while a real fun show not a group of guys I'd ride with and sure would not consider wearing a wanna be 1% patch that said I was a member of a crying girly club of rodents. Your right about as lame as a CCW badge.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Are there real 1% clubs in Kansas? If not that may be why. There is a decent H.A, Outlaw, and Diablos presence in NH and I would expect that someone Sporting an SOA patch would not have a good day. I have yet to see someone riding with an SOA patch but I have heard of it in other areas. Lone wolf is something I have noticed a handfull of times. But Lonewolf doesn't have a location being claimed so they only get looked at funny and not beaten up. I don't understand wearing that stuff myself.

Speaking of riding though mlr1m. Have you checked out that 10 pocket leather vest? I bought mine from leatherup.com it is very comfortable and has some nice ccw pockets on the inside. for the price it is very durable, I have not had it ever pop open or anything like that on me when going down the highway (as it has 4 snaps). I must admit this is my first one and I don't know if that is actually a common problem but I have read of people complaining about it from other vests. Just wanted to pass the info to a fellow rider.
    The only patches I've ever come across here in western Oklahoma are some Mongols I come across now and then. Never seen more than one or two at a time. Hadn't hear of the vest. Gonna check into it.

Michael

The only patches I've ever come across here in western Oklahoma are some Mongols I come across now and then. Never seen more than one or two at a time. Hadn't hear of the vest. Gonna check into it.

Michael
    I should have put a link. Xelement Men's 10 Pocket Premium Black Leather Vest the photo where you can see the zipper shows a botton to the left of the zipper, that botton opens to the concealed carry part. there is one on both sides so it doesn't matter if you are right or left or carry two. Fits full sized HG very comfortabley imo as well. I tryed putting my ruger p-85 in the concealed pocket and it fit great. I couldn't tell it was in there from looking in the mirror and it wasn't uncomfortable when sitting. front four snaps pop off with ease making a fast grab pretty easy. Would recommend ordering one size up if you do. I got a xxl and it fits pretty tight and still you can't tell when a full size HG is there. If you like to put a jacket under your vest go up two sizes (I should mention I keep my laces tight so that plays a role as well, I don't care for there being a gap. I know some people like them loose). That site has a great policy and really works with you if you need to send anything back. They are typically my go to for riding gear.

Sorry to be off topic fellas just passing some good word about a great cc vest.

Quote Originally Posted by The Old Anglo View Post
    Always make sure when you have your CCW Badge displayed that your Beanie has the Propeller in the right direction. Also...Always wear your sash on the Right shoulder. You should be good to go.
    Oh man! All these years I thought it was the LEFT shoulder.... :(
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(
    Where is the wisdom that we have lost in knowledge?" T.S. Elliot

What is the difference between someone wearing a concealed carry badge and a person wearing a TSA badge? Neither one are cops.

Michael

What is the difference between someone wearing a concealed carry badge and a person wearing a TSA badge? Neither one are cops.

Michael
    One may be a job requirement and gets paid for being a jackass the other does it for free?
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

ccw

I have a holster with a badge on it .its small and it does help to keep people clam if by chance my shirt rides up and they see a gun.I know it has been seen a coulpe of times, I can not imange waring it so everyone can see it. that would be bad form..
    rachael

Links